[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of all the characters in the entire series, who is the most tragic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: the-wire.jpg (143 KB, 1022x521) Image search: [Google]
the-wire.jpg
143 KB, 1022x521
Of all the characters in the entire series, who is the most tragic in the Wire?

And come on, let's think with more complexity than snapping to Wallace.
>>
Bodie or Michael
>>
File: TheWire.png (70 KB, 782x1104) Image search: [Google]
TheWire.png
70 KB, 782x1104
Dukie, Randy
>>
that kid who got dumped in the orphanage full of other kids who knew he ratted
>>
>>70136839

I'd go with Bodie, too. If he hadn't been seen talking to McNutty, he could've gotten off the streets. He was so close to it, and he could've done some serious good by testifying against Marlo; it would've also made the arrest go down more clean than it did.

I think Omar is pretty tragic, too, as a matter of fact. That guy had so much potential. Someone that smart, that resourceful and that naturally prone to a leadership role? If he hadn't been born into the culture that he was, he could've been someone.
>>
Chris Partlow, he was probably raped and used to live in a similar situation to Michael's.

Dukie and Bubs were also pretty tragical.
>>
>>70136857
accurate. Dookie was one the right track thanks to Prezbo but never caught another lucky break and fell to the temptations of drugs. Randy was smart, charismatic, and entrepreneurial but he made one little mistake while under duress and it ended up ruining his entire life. I like to think he bounced back, that story was never resolved the way Michael, Dookie, and Namonds were.
>>
>>70137113

Bubs got a happy ending, though. One of the only happy endings in the series. Got off the streets, got clean, repaired the relationship with his sister, found a job and didn't get the bug.

I'd say he turned out even better than McNutty did.
>>
>>70136940
except that randy learned to fit in pretty well by the end of it
>>
>>70136764
D'Angelo, without a doubt
>>
>>70137431

Yeah, but he would've been far better off if his foster mother hadn't been killed.
>>
Randy probably

On the police side, Daniels for sure, he was probably the only straight forward, by the book police in the show and he left the force because he couldn't take the corruption and the lies. More tragic for the Police force than anything.
>>
>>70137215
But Dukie and Bubs are basically the same character, if you knwo what I mean. That's why I consider Bubs life being pretty tragical, because he had a lot of potential.
>>
>>70137749

Yeah, and I pick up what you're putting down, but in order for a character to be considered 'tragic,' their entire story has to be tragic; they can't have a happy ending. And, by implication, that means that Dukie isn't tragic either, because he has the potential to pull himself out of the gutter like Bubs did.
>>
>>70137495

D'Angelo's arc was soul-crushing.
>>
>>70137882

That last conversation between McNutty and D's mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHuCn34NMl8
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.