[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you watch a live action western remake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: deathnote.jpg (204 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
deathnote.jpg
204 KB, 1680x1050
Would you watch a live action western remake?
>>
Instead, i would like a 13 episode tv series.
>>
>>70127993
Why not it's the best anime and deserves a wider audience.
>>
>>70127976
I will torrent it just to see how much they fucked it up.
>>
>>70128015
so make a western cartoon remake.
>>
>>70128015
It's entertaining, but I wouldn't call it the best. There's not much to think about after you've seen it.
>>
>>70128059
Was Light right? yes
>>
>>70127976
>>70128015
The audience needs to widen their perspective & watch the source material.
Not the other way around
>>
>>70128098
are you from /pol/?

i think yes.
>>
>>70128145
>wanting to put an end to crime is now a /pol/ meme
>>
>>70127976
There are two live action movies.
>>
>>70127976

>anime
>live action

the whole appeal of death note is how silly and over the top it is, if you make it all grimdark live action it would be shit

this goes for anime in general, its stories are specifically geared toward that medium
>>
I wouldn't watch even the animated Japanese original.
>>
>>70128145
Are you a cuck?

i think yes.
Me and my friend had this argument and he's the kind of bitch who thinks we should disarm all our nukes and that no life is worth taking (except da 1% :^))
>>
>implying the quality didn't take a massive drop after L died.

fucking mangaka wrote himself into a corner, and never recovered.
>>
>>70127976
No. Has there ever been a western remake that was better? Let me in was shittier, I skipped the old boy remake but I declare it shit regardless, ghost in the shell will be turboshit. The list goes on.
>>
>>70128228

what if both you and your friend are as retarded as eachother
>>
>>70128229
I agree Near(?) was nowhere near as good as L.
>>
>>70128262
Then by us both being on the opposite end of the spectrum anything we can agree on will be undeniably true.
We both think you're a fag.
[SPOILER]DELETE
>>
File: titanae.jpg (783 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
titanae.jpg
783 KB, 1920x1080
>>70127976
What happened to western anime /tv/?
>>
>>70128271
it wasn't even so much that as Light did so much dumb shit in the second half
>>
>>70128228
>/pol/'s epic c u c k meme
so, how will you keep in check that death note is used for "removal of criminals". There will be more chance of misuse.
Light even let his father die for "greater good" and to save his ass.
It's easier to go on an image board, upload nazi uncle's photo and say "let's kill them, let's eradicate them".
>>
>>70128098
That's the type of power I think could do legitimate good but I wouldn't trust anyone other than myself with it.
>>
>implying the next logical step wouldn't be a One Punch Man live action show
It's basically capeshit.
It also does not feature an autistic dude getting worked up over a tennis match
>>
File: bitchdog.jpg (50 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
bitchdog.jpg
50 KB, 600x503
>>70128349
If Light was left alone do you really think he was the type of person who would start writing random names for the bants? Fuck off you cunt just cause you are morally bankrupt dont apply your crooked philosophies to others.
>>
File: NGE.jpg (132 KB, 450x686) Image search: [Google]
NGE.jpg
132 KB, 450x686
>>70128015
>it's the best anime
I wouldn't go that far
>>
>>70128417
Those over dramatic scenes are the reason I loved it so much.
>>
After seeing the live action anime that japan puts out, I don't really give a shit (and they clearly don't either). Plus, all you need is kill was pretty good.
>>
>>70128536
The adaptation had a shit hollywood ending in comparison though.
>>
File: transformers.jpg (971 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
transformers.jpg
971 KB, 1920x1080
>>70128502
fag
>>
>>70128477
is this the famous /pol/ intelligence i am witnessing here?

>light not morally bankrupt

That's the point, you autist. Power of Death note made high school kid Light yagami an edgy contrarian who thinks he is above everybody.
he fucking uses his father and causes his death, uses everybody around him with no remorse.

I don't think any sane man would leave defining of "Justice" to that guy.
>>
>>70128661
>what is fighting for a cause
>>
>>70128723
again, "muh uncle nazi fighting for a cause" tier meme.

when everything goes to your plan-->oh, i am using everybody for my cause and my definition of justice.

and in the last episode where shit gets fucked--> misa, takada, anybody? plz halp me, it hurts, plz plz.
>>
>>70128175
Crime is a symptom of a larger problem. What Light did was the equivalent of treating a sick dog by shooting it.
>>
>>70128998
>Crime is a symptom of a larger problem
and racism is a social contract.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.