[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw it 7hours ago, overall 7/10, the movie basically is a 2/10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2
File: warcraft-quad.jpg (169 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-quad.jpg
169 KB, 1280x960
Saw it 7hours ago, overall 7/10, the movie basically is a 2/10 for normies. Doubt it'll do well in box office, ask me anything about the movie.
>>
>>70103530
does the movie have any tits or cocks in it? if so, human or ork?
>>
>book now in 3D & 2D

How do I get the 3D book?
>>
>>70103570
[SPOILER]It has a pregnant orc shitting out Thrall, some garona tit closeups, otherwise it has no tits/ass whatever[/SPOILER]
>>
does anyone say "warcraft"
>>
>>70103701
No, just "ALLIANCE" and "FOR MUH HORDE"
>>
did you caught any wow references/jokes?
>>
>>70103794
Just mage/warrior relation jokes, most quips were just average apart from 1-2.
>>
All reviews out in norway so far are good to great. 4/6, 4/6, 4/6, 5/6. All major newspapers and/or tv channels. Only one of the reviewers had prior knowledge of the games.
>>
>>70103530
goddammit the theatres closest only seem to show the goddamn 3D version? Were you able to see it digital (non3D) op?
I might actually consider not seeing it because of this, which is fucked up since I played nonstop from wotlk to wod
>>
>>70103930
I saw it in 2D, I assume 3D would ruin it because adding depth would make CGI scenes look fake as lightning reflections were obviously fake in certain open scenes.
>>
>>70103911
If ur a Warcraft or a geek of this genre you'll love it, otherwise it's gonna feel very cringy or "childish", for example people who prefer Tarantino movies are gonna hate this movie to death as it's not like LotR that fits most audiences, Warcraft really just fits one type of audience.
>>
>>70103530
why did they cast that fedora guy as the evil wizard?
>>
>>70103998
crossing fingers the programmation just needs to be adapted for those days and they show the digital version
>>
>>70104117
Probably because Medivh was autistic and the Fedora union fits this criteria pretty well, "I wanted to save everyone but rape everyone at same time cuz...well fel magic that I somehow got in contact with?"
>>
>>70103530

I just listened to the soundtrack and there's no warcraft themes.. what the hell?
>>
>>70104144
Doubt it as it won't be worth it, making a 2hr movie with perfect CGI is just overall impossible without having a billion+ budget, This movie has good CGI, but certain scenes are quite obvious that something is fishy, either physics, lightning, reflection or shadows.
>>
>>70104067
>it's gonna feel very cringy or "childish"
>people who prefer Tarantino movies

i don't see the problem desu
>>
Any Leeroy Kenkins references?
>>
>>70104328
LotR has more generic patterns.
This Movie is hard to follow without knowing the backstory and the characters are hard to take serious unless you already knew about them. Overall it's gonna be a cringefest unless ur a fan of this genre
>>
>>70104379

What genre? fantasy? nerdshit?
>>
>>70104365
Not really, the plot is mostly serious and the quips are related to the story, it doesn't really refer once to any WoW memes
>>
>>70104425
Just imagine Medivh with less character than Gandalf casting 2min spells in a CGIfest while saying foreign mumbojumbo that sounds cringy
>>
>>70104447

Is Gul'Dan good?
>>
>>70104447
As a non WOW player that was the only thing I was looking forward to because my interest left after the footage leak.
>>
>>70103911
First review I found from Norway was in Dagbladet, and it was negative. Honestly, I get that you guys want us to think the world loves this movie, but this is silly.
>>
>>70104523
Pretty good until the end where it's revealed he's a pussy and then tries to pussy out. The movie also makes you hate him and he still doesn't die, even when everyone was against him, Llane Wrynn who arguably had best character ends up dying, apart from the Blackhand Vs Lothar duel in the end, the final fight doesn't really feel satisfying
>>
>>70104625
Again, looking at this from all perspectives, it's directed to a more "closed" genre, the normies won't exactly love this like LotR. It also has obvious flaws so the hate is understood, I gave it 7/10 but If I came in as a Normie knowing nothing it wouldn't go above 3/10
>>
>>70104761
So for normal people, a 3/10. You're saying that's positive?
>>
>>70104816
Nop. Wouldn't really go and watch this movie unless you have some kind of connection to the Warcraft universe, some people just want to see Orcs and Humans fight since they play WoW but don't really care about the story.
>>
>>70104894
Why are you spoilering you non-spoiler posts?
>>
>>70104976
>>70104894
Also fair enough - I can see why game fans would like the movie.
>>
>>70105038
Not even game fans would like that garbage. It's about as generic as you can possibly get in warcraft.
>>
>>70105122
It's not pure garbage, but adding a character such as Garona that's half orc half human feels even more foreign to normies and out of place for warcraft fans, even more so making the protagonist fall in love with her in less than 5min.
>>
>>70105267
Is she hot, and is there a lewd lovemaking scene?
>>
>>70104625
I actually didn't see that one before now. You are correct, there's a 2/6 in there as well then. But I totally reject your criticism of the scored I posted. VG and Aftenposten are the largest newspapers in Norway, 4/6 and 5/6. NRK, the largest media outlet, with the pickiest reviewers, gave it a strong 4/6.
The last 4/6 is from the "smaller" nation wide newspaper Dagsacisen, about the size of the one you mentioned.

http://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/filmanmeldelse-warcraft-the-beginning/a/23692698/

http://www.aftenposten.no/kultur/Warcraft-Bunnsolid-action-197922b.html

http://p3.no/filmpolitiet/2016/05/warcraft-the-beginning/
>>
Is Travis Fimmel good?
>>
>>70105346
>You are correct,
>I totally reject your criticism
Vidyakino fans, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>70105335
Hot - nope, unless ur going into fetishism.
There's just a kiss/makeout scene and some bad quips related to it, It's what I disliked most about the movie, It shoulda been less characters and less Warcraft cringe such as casting spells for 2minutes with the camera constantly zooming in cuz it's "so cool"
>>
>>70105335
She is totally not hot.
>>
>>70105376
HE is fine. The character is not. The man was given an impossible job, and all it did was cement the fact that anduin lothar is fucking boring.
>>
>>70105388
He is correct in that I missed a review.

I reject his criticism of the scores I posted, they are what they are.
>>
>>70105376
Him and Llane are the best characters, Khadgar is played well but his character is annoying, Medivh just feels autistic and out of place till it's revealed he's the big baddie. The Orc characters are great, some scenes were hard to take serious though, orcs speak English, Humans speak English, yet a translator is needed and suddenly they both speak foreign to each other, it's understandable but hard to take serious in a movie unless ur a huge geek
>>
>>70103911
>I-it's popular in Norway g-guys! The prayer circle is working!
>>
>>70105497

Well that's annoying... I don't understand why they wouldn't change shit to make it work for a movie.
>>
How long is the Orc/draenor start?

Is it like 5/10 minutes? does it feel rushed?
>>
I give it a 5/10. And yes I know Warcraft.
The movie was not as terrible a I feared but certainly not good either. The curse remains.
>>
>>70105733
5min, you see all orc clans gathering, gul'dan appearing and basically using fel-magic and killing lotsa Draenei, humans and whatever to fuel the portal
>>
>>70105606
Well I meant it as a brotherly encouragement in the midst of all the slamming on rt. Since I live in Norway, the movie hit the theaters earlier today, and reviews have started coming in, I figured I'd just let you guys know.
>>
>>70105786

wow that's disappointing... the leaked comic con footage is only like 4minutes nd that looked horribly rushed.

fucking awful what a waste of potential
>>
Which Warcraft races are in the movie?
>>
>>70103794
Polymorph, random murloc

>>70103911
I only saw that one guy giving it a 5 out of 6 for fans and less for normies.
>>
>>70105817
That being said, Norwegian reviewers enjoyed BvS too, so who knows what this really says.
>>
>>70105887
That's the thing, there was no potential other than getting the cg right.
>>
>>70105122
Warcraft is already the most generic fantasy universe there is, so the movie fits perfectly.
>>
>>70105786

How much of Dalaran do we see? I fear with the way the movie sounds like its cut we go straight from Khadgar flying over it to the chamber scene
>>
>>70105910
Major -> Orcs, Humans
Minor appearances -> Demon, Night Elfs, Golem, Murloc
>>
>>70105916
See
>>70105346

4/6 isn't GREAT, but it's still solid. NRK's review (the p3 link) is a very strong 4/6.
>>
>>70105954

Plenty of potential for the pre invasion of Azeroth to build the Orcs up and introduce the Orcs
>>
Do they make any reference to the Burning Legion or the War of the Ancients in the movie?
>>
Normie here.

Never played WoW.

Closest to watching WoW I've come is Leroy Jenkins.

I can't imagine I'll ever see this. The trailers look hideously bad.

It will "flop" in the U.S., but I get the impression this thing will be huge in places like China and Russia.
>>
>>70105994
3Mins, Khadgar basically flies there to know about the spooky lady he saw in Medivh's library,he's led to some cube that randomly opens a portal for him shocking other mages, the lady inside turns out to be former Guardian telling him that Medivh is corrupted and that fel magic corrupts everyone and to be careful
>>
>>70106076
Not a single one, I was disappointed about this, NElves don't really appear except in meetings, Medivh being connected to Sargeras isn't mentioned once nor the War Of The Ancients or the Legion, only that Gul'dan met some "demon"
>>
>>70106152
Wow that fuckin sucks
>>
>>70106023
yeah this isnt warcraft: ORCS AND ORCS
>>
>>70103625
har har har
>>
>>70106301

You want an event like the opening of the portal to be built to you retard not to just be glossed over in under 10minutes like its just nothing
>>
>>70106020
I mean, it was a decent fantasy flick. Everyone I went with enjoyed it, even the normie girlfriends. Most complained about the shitty golem CGI though.
>>
>>70106426
It can fit as a "relationship" movie as it's suited for that. There's female characters that play some major roles but mostly feminine shit apart from Garona
>>
Can't wait for the Plinkett review.
>>
>>70106574

Do they even do reviews with that character anymore? Rich Evans Plinkett doesn't count.
>>
>>70104661
>He thought Gul'dan was gonna die in this movie
>>
OP is a retard
I didnt know shit aboutwarcraft brfore the movie and I enjoyed it a lot. Would watch sequels as well if its the same director
>>
>>70107004

>blizzshill trying desperately
>>
>>70103530
what cities or towns do they go to?
>>
File: 1417219726704.png (53 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
1417219726704.png
53 KB, 225x300
>Why Grom and Kargath were mute?
Damn i was sodisappointed.
>And where the fuck is Ner'zhul?
>>
Is alleria in it
>>
>>70107492

He's chilling in Shadowmoon Valley with his clan after Gul'Dan took power, he's not in the movies
>>
>>70103530

Yeah I got a question
How much do you get paid to shill this garbage?
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.