[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11
File: image.png (358 KB, 495x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
358 KB, 495x400
Why is this so good?
>>
It's fake
>>
Its gruel for the lowest common denominator of consumer

ONLY plebs watch this garbage.
>>
Guy with the long hair seems like a fag
>>
File: sad-frog.jpg (146 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog.jpg
146 KB, 900x900
>>70101496
Because it makes me feel like I have friends
>>
>>70101496

Because its real
>>
Sometimes I flip through channels or I see an ad for garbage and I wonder, "who the fuck watches that shit? they should be dead"

Then I see a post about it on /tv/

I think I'd rather go pay for something awful
>>
>>70104209
I blame trutv they are garbage at advertising shows
>>
>>70101496
>DUDE SAY THIS PHRASE A 3RD GRADER WOULD FIND FUNNY LMAO
>DUDE I'M FAT AND ALWAYS FALL DOWN BACKWARDS WHEN I START FAKE LAUGHING HARD LMAO
>DUDE YOUTUBE TIER PRACTICAL JOKES FILTERED THROUGH NETWORK LAWYERS AND MARKETING ARE AS REAL AS IT GETS LMAO

this shit is the opposite of funny, only pleb trash who watch shit like law and order find this garbage watchable
>>
Because the goals of their pranks are to humiliate themselves rather than other people, and it's really good natured as a result.
>>
>>70101547
yeah its not for sophisticated people like /tv/ is
>>
UK version is better.
>>
>>70104583
This I think is the reason

It's all about making their friends embaressed, not so much the people involved

Even if most of it is fake (which isn't that much you can still tell what's unscripted pretty easily) it's still entertaining
>>
>>70101496
It's fake and they steal their material. They even stole bits from the Lex and Terry radio show. A RADIO SHOW!
>>
The combination of chemistry that comes from years of friendship and banter, a certain amount of charisma (not including Murr), and the competitive humiliation premise.

The only fakery involved is about who has to do the punishment. They edit the show to make it look like so-and-so lost, but that person was selected in advance.
>>
Joe > Q > Murr > Sal
>>
>>70106232
Sal > Q = Joe > Murr

I was listening to the What Say You podcast (Sal and Q) a few days ago and someone brought up the fact that Liza Minelli or Liz Taylor, Michael Jackson, and (I think) Marlon Brando were all friends. Sal described that as "the ultimate kook troop" and I was laughing for 5 minutes.

That podcast here:
http://www.whatsayyoupodcast.com/category/episodes/page/7/
>>
>>70101822
Sal's the gayest one on the show. Q's fiance left him two weeks before the wedding though, so you couldn't blame him.

>>70104209
It's actually really great.
>>
>>70101496
Try hard on every level
>>
File: 688686855.png (18 KB, 625x549) Image search: [Google]
688686855.png
18 KB, 625x549
>>70101496
>that episode when they gave each other tattoos...
>mfw one of them got a jaden smith tattoo
>>
File: i will never forgive you.jpg (10 KB, 236x203) Image search: [Google]
i will never forgive you.jpg
10 KB, 236x203
>>70107451
Joe won so he got to give the other three tattoos. Q and Murr got tattoos taking the piss out of them. Sal got Jaden Smith's face on his leg.

Sal's reaction was priceless. A mixture of anger, embarrassment and confusion. He knew it was funny, but he was too freaked out to laugh.

Based Joe.
>>
I love how Murr is the Sweden of the group. Constantly getting shit on for being a douche and having the most humiliating punishments done to him.
>>
File: when the meme too extreme.gif (854 KB, 450x200) Image search: [Google]
when the meme too extreme.gif
854 KB, 450x200
>>70107820
>mfw murr gets his eyebrows shaved off and his hair shaved into a weird formation
>>
File: jah crispy.gif (607 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
jah crispy.gif
607 KB, 356x200
>>70108593
>mfw i once spent about 2 hours collecting sal vulcano reaction pics off of google images
>>
Anyone else think Murr and Sal are secret lovers? Just a weird vibe with those two together and gaydar definitely goes off with both of them
>>
this show is good as fuck rofl
>>
>>70109172
I definitely get a camp vibe from Sal. I'd believe Murr is gay too if someone told me that.

Sal would be top, no doubt.
>>
File: anon makes another thread.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
anon makes another thread.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>mfw bumping this thread with vulcano pics
>>
File: ayyyy.gif (512 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.gif
512 KB, 260x146
One more bump.
>>
>>70101496

Because it's great, genuine humor between friends. No subliminal political agenda. No bullshit social commentary. Just stuff you and your friends would do.

Sal > Murr > Q > Joe
>>
>>70102547

Too close to home
>>
First Season Q sucked, I don't know WHAT happened but he got funny as soon as his beard grew in. Once he started drinking more too.

Remember that art class he did, where he's drinking wine and talking 'to himself' in front of students.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwDR2ek-MYk
>>
>>70111034

Q is smarter than the rest of them, and more introverted. Which means he doesn't come through as well on TV.

Joe is the biggest moron.

Murr and Sal are great because they're smart guys and aren't afraid to show their embarrassment.
>>
>>70110988
Have you ever done anything like those pranks with your friends?

Closest I've come is Clap Chicken I used to play with a friend - While watching a performance as part of an audience, wait until there is an applause break. Clap along with the rest of the audience, last one to clap wins.

To everyone in the room it just sounds like normal clapping, followed by alternating single claps from two (apparently random) members of the audience.

I always bottled it. My friend was like Joe - completely fearless.
>>
>>70101547
>>70104209
>>70104266
Kill yourselves you uptight, no-fun-allowed, pretentious faggots.

I know this type of humor is beyond you, but when four guys have been friends for a while, they tend to play pranks and make jokes at each others expense. This is one of the more authentic and real comedy shows on TV, and that's why it's good.

Lighten up and get some friends. Fuck
>>
>>70111251

That's pretty funny. I'll have to try that. When I have friends again.

But back in my school days, yeah my friends and I did ridiculous stuff all the time. Not all set up pranks, but just ridiculous funny stuff that emits belly laughter from how ridiculous it is.
>>
>>70101547
Yep this.

Bunch of casuals I know watch this next to Bingo Bongo Theory and Wipeout.

Lowest common denominator garbage.
>>
>>70101496
Because you're 12
>>
>>70111433
You associate with people who watch The Bin Bag Theory so I think I'll just ignore whatever you have to say on matters of taste.
>>
>>70101496
This show is the ultimate litmus test for average goys who never will reach their full potential so they settle for a minimum wage job and coast in life as they realize their failures with each breathe. I mean really this show isn't even funny, it's fucking garbage and seriously scripted.
>>
>>70111251
We used to do the penis game at school assemblies when we were younger. Although that was less me and my friends, more anyone with the balls to start shouting
>>
File: jaden.png (310 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
jaden.png
310 KB, 760x428
>>70112469
Doug Stanhope loves this show and he's a millionaire.
That guy from NSync loves this show and he's a multi-millionaire.
Imagine Dragons love this show and they're a rock band.
This guy in my pic seems pretty cool and successful and he actually has a tattoo of one of the Impractical Jokers on his chest.

I think you should rethink your argument.
>>
>>70112626
>successful people watch mundane garbage so I will pretend that this means that my taste in shows is validated!

Nice anecdotal evidence, the show is trash. You just used Jaden Smith to prove that the show is in any way decent, also your mindless listing of people who enjoy the show isn't an argument.
>>
File: 1458082361868.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1458082361868.png
65 KB, 285x276
i really enjoyed the first two seasons and then i found out its fake.

>mfw i realized bully beatdown is fake

why is everything fake?
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
>>70106232
>Q anywhere but last
>>
>>70112737
Why should I care about someone's judgement of a comedy show when they clearly have no sense of humour?

You couldn't even tell which parts of my post were a joke. When Impractical Jokers goes over your head you should probably just keep your thoughts on comedy to yourself.
>>
>>70112857
Impractical Jokers isn't even layered comedy, it's just slapstick with a reality tv twist, oh and it's all fake as fuck and seriously played out, it's funny for like 1 episode but then it just gets really stale.
>>
>>70101496
What was Iniesta doing in Impractical Jokers?
>>
Guy with the glasses is on Legion of Skanks all the time and they keep telling me to watch the show but I couldn't give less of a fuck about it.

Go fuck yourself Sal.
>>
>>70112737
Try not to deviate from your original claim if you want to actually refute the person you're talking to.
>>
>>70107681
At this very moment Sal is somewhere, right now, with a perfect likeness of Jaden Smith tattooed on his thigh

that brings me endless amusement
>>
>>70112894
Wow, you take your comedy really seriously.

And before you get even more smug about your patrician taste in comedy, that's not a compliment.
>>
>>70113132
I wonder how often he's in the shower or undressing for bed and it catches his eye, and he has yet another little moment of "Oh yeah. That."
>>
Tell 'em steve dave >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IJ
>>
>>70113327
Now that Git Em is working at the Stash, you think he's gonna show up in even more episodes?
>>
>>70113327
IJ > What Say You > TESD > Comic Book Men
>>
>>70101496
It's this Generation's Jackass.
>>
>>70102547
THEY ARE OUR FRIENDS M8.

Honestly it's the perfect casual show
>>
>>70101496
>and it's really good natured as a result.
I like it
>>
Joe>Murr>Sal>>>>>>>>>>Q
>>
This show is just a bunch of funny dudes joking around with each other like any group of friends would do. Like others have said, they never pull jokes on bystanders, the jokes are always on them so it's just good natured fun.

Anyone that hates this show is either so far up their own ass that they think they are above this kind of show or they are bitter friendless losers.
>>
This is the kind of show I thought was hilarious the first few times I saw it but it very quickly loses it's appeal, to the point that I question why I ever laughed at it. The guys are so obnoxious
>>
>>70101496
It's real humor, the kind of jokes you'd crack with your bros, even if it's scripted.
>>
>>70116319
It's the height of brokino
>>
Murr is the biggest piece of shit ever.
>>
I'm convinced everyone who uses the term "bro" to describe something on the internet doesn't actually have any friends.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iImueu-nfPU

LARRY
A
R
R
Y
>>
who /tesd/ here
>>
>>70118439
>it's a rebbit gets mad at Bry for bitching about PC episode
It's my favourite kind of episode
>>
Lets be real, a lot of this show is unfunny and cringeworthy. Yet some of it is the funniest stuff on Television.

I mean those fucking tattoo punishments and recently the eyebrow shaving.

Fawking hillllarious

Fuck off gary
>>
FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT SHOW OF FAGGOTS OVERLY LAUGHING AT THEIR UNFUNNY TRY HARD FAGGOTRY FOR HOWEVER LONG THAT GODAWFUL SHOW IS

FUCKING LITERAL SHILL OP FAGGOT
>>
>>70118584
>doesn't like lad humour
how pathetic of you
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.