[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: 56fgrty.png (167 KB, 571x335) Image search: [Google]
56fgrty.png
167 KB, 571x335
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>70095882
At least it's not in the 10's Right?

Yet
>>
looks about right
the trailers make it look like one of those abc fantasy shows
>>
>>70095882
"Critics" are retards
>>
File: Starcrash.jpg (108 KB, 780x556) Image search: [Google]
Starcrash.jpg
108 KB, 780x556
>>70095882
Worse than Starcrash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gg1SSjiNI8
>>
The movie is gret and go and se it med 9 of 10
>>
File: tin-foil-hat.jpg (34 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tin-foil-hat.jpg
34 KB, 400x300
>>70095882
>this piece of shit gets 22%
That's actually great.

>marvel shit gets 90% and praise
What the fuck? paid critics are so obvious

do not try to deny this you cucks
>>
>>70095882
Dungeons & Dragons is rated at 10%. Warcraft is a bit more than twice as good.
>>
It can't be that bad
>>
>>70095882
Showing prisoners at Guantanamo movies lower than 30% tomato meter is a violation of the Geneva Conventions.
>>
File: 140104_steven_seagal_ap_605.jpg (134 KB, 605x328) Image search: [Google]
140104_steven_seagal_ap_605.jpg
134 KB, 605x328
>b-but its directed by bowie's son
>h-h-he plays videogames he's o-one of us
Should have had pic related star, direct, and write it
>>
>>70095882
Just got back from seeing it and honestly it's not that bad at all. If you like Warcraft then you'll most like the movie for sure.

If you have no idea what Warcraft is or dont particularly enjoy fantasy then I guess you wont enjoy it as much or not at all. The worst part about the movie IMO is that it felt rushed yet at the same time didnt solve that much.
>>
How much more labor intensive would it have been to make the whole movie like one of those Blizz cinematic at the start of a WoW expansion?
>>
>>70096910
Thrall: What happened?
Garrosh: They took her...
Thrall: Well that's too bad.. because now.. I'm gonna snatch every motherfucker birthday
>>
Will the score keep going down? Does it have any hope of going up?
>>
File: 1463938552097.png (107 KB, 253x220) Image search: [Google]
1463938552097.png
107 KB, 253x220
>people actually thought it was going to be good
>>
>>70096910
Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Azeroth. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “Warcraft.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Azeroth. He doesn’t speak Common. He has never held a sword. They make him the knight We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.
>>
>>70097104
popular movies get around 300 reviews on rt
>>
>>70096910
If the birthday snatcher was the main creative force behind a Warcraft movie...I don't even know what the end result would be. I would definitely want to see it though.
>>
>>70097017
well it takes them about 2 years to do a 3 minute sequence so do the math
>>
>>70096719
Lol, that actually looks like a fun pulp sci-fi B movie to just turn your mind off and enjoy how ridiculous everything .

>Go for hyperspace!
>Go for it! XD
>>
File: laughing ebin keinbernd spurdo.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
laughing ebin keinbernd spurdo.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
Here are my thoughts on this:
>story by Chris Metzen
>>
>>70095882
Critics are paid off by Disney confirmed im from germany and seen it twice because it was amazing not only as a fantasy film but as a fan film
>>
>>70095882
It will go up to at least 60% once the embargo lifts. A lot of critics liked it, but aren't stupid enough to break the embargo.
>>
>>70096807

RT doesn't work that way, frienderino.
>>
>>70096995

So you have to be a WoW fanboy or fantasy buff to enjoy it, and it is a rushed mess with no pay-out?
>>
I want to see this in a theater.

I don't expect the movie to be that good, but it seems like it would be fun to watch the audience reactions.
>>
>>70095882
RT ratings are a joke.
>>
>>70098980
>So you have to be a WoW fanboy or fantasy buff to enjoy it
You'll enjoy it more, that's for sure. I still liked it though, the only one who didn't like it among the people I went with was a dude that actually played WoW for a very long time.

> is a rushed mess with no pay-out?
To be honest - Sort of. The ending just left it open for another movie and the war between humans and orcs wasnt resolved
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
Frogs loved the movie so fucking much, they even went to the screening in cosplay. I shit you not.

http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=129526.html

If the Warcraft movie underperforms, then I hope it spells the death of Metzen's career. This faggot has too much power in Blizzard. I feel that his interference prevented Duncan from making a perfect film.
>>
>>70099257
>ending just left it open for another movie and the war between humans and orcs wasnt resolved

This should be the opening cinematic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPceWwNia6I
>>
>>70099337

>Average score according to french critics is 2.5/5

It's ogre

Any other "aggregate scores" site to check the reception in other countries?
>>
>>70099576
The user reviews is 4.5/5 though.

>Any other "aggregate scores" site to check the reception in other countries?
I heard Sweden and Germany had actual good reviews from critics, not just fans. Maybe someone can link you up to them.

I think it's funny that this movie is getting trashed mostly by American critics when it's not even out in their country.

>It's ogre
If it is, then Metzen will pay and he'll be humiliated as fuck. It will be delicious to see Blizzard fail so hard. Maybe it'll get them off their high horse, which will maybe lead them to reevaluate what their audiences really wanted.

A bad Warcraft movie will essentially invalidate the franchise's 20 years history, and they'll wish they never stepped in the movie industry in the first place.
>>
>18 reviews
It's nothing
>>70095932
You're fucking stupid
>>
I don't pay attention to the inner workings of Blizzard, but I've played Diablo 3, Overwatch, and Hearthstone and love all 3 of those games. What did this Mentzen guy do that's so awful, and did he influence those 3 games at all?
>>
BRUH LOOK AT THIS DOOD
>>
Who would've thought 10 years ago, that a Deadpool movie would be the movie of the year, in a year with Civil War, Batman vs Superman and Warcraft movies out.
>>
>>70099931
Look at the wow expansions and Starcraft 2's story.

Many want him literally dead. These franchises have real potential to stay strong, but his shitty writing is getting in the way.
>>
>>70100162
His "shitty" writing was what made Warcraft 2.
>>
>>70100162
Is it just Warcraft/WoW though? Truth be told I don't really care about Warcraft too much. I prefer Diablo. I like the art style though.
>>
>>70100424
He's the Senior Vice President of Story and Franchise Development at Blizzard so he gets a say in pretty much everything they do.
>>
>>70097887
For fuck sakes.
>>
>>70100091
Deadpool was shit tho
>>
Kermode said its good
>>
>>70100325
His writing wasn't shit to begin with. Warcraft 2 and 3 are superb. Wow on the other hand dragged it into the grave.
>>
>>70100779
who
>>
>>70100938
Gonna have to agree with you on that. The fucker had a brain hemorrhage somewhere after the release of Vanilla
>>
>>70096796
*denies it*
>>
>>70096796
>Critics are all paid shills
>Except for when they give bad reviews to movies I want to hate
>>
>>70101005
>>70100938
WotLK-Cata-MoP lore was the best WoW lore has ever been

Vanilla and TBC was the worst story-wise
>>
>>70101578
*caught* everything dragon soul related
>>
>>70101005
No, he was always retarded. Just there were people more talented than him working at blizzard back before WoW.
>>
>>70096796
take your conspiracy machine with you to the bathtub .
>>
>>70100162
SC2's overall story with the evil ancient god trying to kill everyone was kinda lame, but the individual stories were well done

>Jim trying to save Kerrigan
>Kerrigan's revenge on Mengsk
>Artanis trying to save his people and reclaim their homeworld
>>
>>70096910
For fans the movie rocks. So him being director helped with that.

I think the problem is it wasn't easily digestible for non-fans who apparently got confused on certain things and couldn't get invested as much. Maybe a flashback scene at the start of the movie like LotR to set up and explain certain things might have smoothed that out for people.
>>
>>70095882
This is just becoming funny at this point. 2016 really is a shitty year for movies isn't it?
>>
>>70101894
>>Jim trying to save Kerrigan
>good

nah, ur dumb.
>>
>>70102627
the last truly great year for movies was 2007.

It seems literally everything went to absolute shit in 2008.
>>
What do I need to explain to someone who isn't familiar with the games prior to be movie so that they understand what's going on? Ideally without spoiling the plot of the movie.
>>
As a "normie" (don't give a fuck about WoW or anything related) the only appeal this has for me is Duncan Jones, but this looks like straight up ass. Like visually it looks fucking awful. I don't know how to describe it, it's like how the Hobbit movies looked like someone threw 20 different instagram filters over it and it was an eyesore, this is the complete opposite. It's too bright, too fake looking. Like fuck, Zack Snyder's "DUDE DESATURATION LMAO" looks better.
>>
>>70103717
Also fuckoutahere if you think I'm gonna study up on some faggy lore just to understand your damn movie.
>>
>>70103388
nice repeating doubles
you can pretty much go in blind and still get the most of it
>>
I knew this movie would be shit when I saw the trailer and it had the same color grading and bloom as films like The Hobbit. It's that weird 21st century aesthetic that makes everything look fake as fuck - not that the CGI specifically is bad or anything, just the way everything is colored and has bloom that signifies the movie is shit and is trying to use visual appeal in place of anything good.
>>
>>70095882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvTgV5EoGY
>>
>>70097887
/thread
>>
>>70095882
>Thoughts on this?

It got what it deserved, trash belongs in the garbage.

And that self-hating director who sneered at Tolkein for being just "another white male" got what he fucking had coming to him.
>>
>>70097872
i was tripping one time and randomly caught the end of starcrash, having no idea it existed before
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.