[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this movie so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: matrix.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
matrix.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
Why was this movie so good?
>>
because you were an edgy teenager when you watched it
>>
Interesting story, awesome sense of style (especially when you're a teenager), great special effects, good performances, really makes ya think.
>>
>>70092560
Black trench coats and machine guns never go out of style.
>>
File: Did Nothing Wrong.jpg (59 KB, 660x396) Image search: [Google]
Did Nothing Wrong.jpg
59 KB, 660x396
>>70092715
Aye
>>
it had an excuse to have video game action
>>
>>70092560
a e s t h e t i c s
>>
>>70092560
Hero's Journey
>>
I caught the fucking flu and for some reason in my influenza ridden mind I decided to rewatch the trilogy. The day before yesterday I watched the matrix, yesterday I watched reloaded and half of revelations, I had to stop since my head was killing me. I'm gonna finish it today and probably rewatch sense8 after, just for that qt cis blonde that reminds me of carey mulligan except edgier.
>>
It's an interesting concept done well, and was somewhat unique for the time it was made. It was basically the first movie that capitalized on the booming technological advances that society was making and extrapolated on what that meant in a way that tied it together with interesting philosphical concepts of reality. The sequels are absolutely unnecessary pieces of poop though.
>>
>tfw you realized Trinity was just a self insert for the directors
>>
>>70093003
>Trinity
>not Switch
you dun goofed
>>
It also kinda feels like the trilogy could tie in as a prequel for the terminator movies, at least the first three. The matrix had the best ending out of the three though.
>dat rage against the machine - wake up
L I K E P O T T E R Y
>>
Amazing universe building achieved by
greater than average music, costume design, set design,
Excellent cinematography
Interesting narrative
Interesting cast, definitely not stereotypical compared to the average blockbuster of the 90s

The use of CGI/practical effects are also completely different
Some other stuff like the artistic inspirations and cultural ties to several niches like kung fu, Manga, cyberpunk, hacker culture.

And quite probably the best stunt work of the last several decades.
>>
Because it was a good movie, innovative, creative. And the end didn't demand a sequel.

Even though it got one, God rest its soul.
>>
>>70092560
it wasn't
>>
>>70092560
Producers interfered so it wasn't just death to cis white males: the flick
>>
File: 1464008070046.png (4 KB, 310x253) Image search: [Google]
1464008070046.png
4 KB, 310x253
>Zion, last bastion of human civilization, is governed by a multicultural council of men and womyn.

It's not even subtle at this point. Was this intended to be comedy?
>>
>>70092560
because even with the deep themes 10 year old me was able to watch it and still fully enjoy it.

(then a week later i saw a trailer for the sequel and bought the gamecube game, totally fanboy'd)
>>
Top tier cinematography, interesting plot in an expansive and pretty original universe, oozes style, has great fights and a pretty killer pacing.

>Dat Mr. Anderson escaping from his workplace.
>Dat desperate Morpheus keeping the agent away from Neo
>Dat Neo vs Smith subway fight
>Dat Hallway shootout
>Dat rooftop rescue.
>Dat Neo awakening as the one and rekking everyone.
>>
>>70092560
le trench coat sunglasses man
>>
>>70092560
Because two closet traps made it and all the homoerotic undertones confused you as a kid.
>>
>>70094588
I keep thinking the violence in the matrix has an aesthetic quality to it that I never really got from any other non martial arts film.

The choregraphy is incredibly beautiful and stylish.
>>
>>70094630
Stop this.
Trannies are not traps.
>>
>>70094725
yes they are
>>
>>70094804
No.
Traps are passable.
>>
I think one reason it was so big was because it introduced the idea that the reality you percieve may not be the correct one to the masses. I mean yeah, that idea isnt new, but it was the first time it was ever delivered to the masses in such a wide, easily digestible form and i think that idea appealed to a lot of people.

I think it shits the beds at the ending though where Neo flies and then the RATM song plays.
>>
>>70094725
Is it that time again?

A trap is a generic term for male that appears convincingly female. This is what it originally means and will always mean.

A tranny is short for transsexual which is a person who is born one sex but chooses to live their life as if they were the opposite sex.

A crossdresser is a person who dresses up or pretends to be the opposite sex without seeing themselves as belonging to, or identifying with that sex. Usually a guy who dresses up as a girl for fun or for fetish reasons.

A convincing tranny OR crossdresser is a trap. It doesn't matter what their personal feelings is, they're called a trap because they can 'fool' someone into thinking they're a regular female. It doesn't really work that well these days anyway because when the term first was used knowledge of trannies wasn't such a huge thing, now everyone is paranoid about them and looks at all the usual signs.
>>
>>70095129
Wrong.
A trap is not a transexual.
>>
>>70095240
only newfags believe this
>>
>>70095240
No, a crossdresser is not a transsexual. You're confusing trap for crossdresser newfriend.
>>
>>70095295
No, people that have their shit straight believe that.
Traps can be and usually are crossdressers, but not trannies, because they are men and identify as that.
The only ones that can be traps in real life are asian ladyboys, very few men can be passable without hormones and shit.
>>
>>70094906
if it has a dick it's a boy

what's so hard about this?
>>
>>70095360
Wrong
>>
>>70095381
No you're wrong.
>>
>>70092560
because it didn't have a sequel
>>
>>70095417
I'm not
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.