[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong, and how would you redeem it if you were given
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 1445465172302.jpg (12 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
1445465172302.jpg
12 KB, 182x268
What went wrong, and how would you redeem it if you were given full power to do so?
>>
cancel it
>>
>>70088858
`
I don't think canceling it would redeem the show though. The last 7 seasons have been such a rapid slide into mediocrity that I don't think simple cancellation would take many steps towards cleansing.
>>
>>70088907
You can't redeem it it's too far gone
just put it out of its misery already
>>
>>70088934

Nah, I think there's a chance at redemption hidden in there somewhere.

Penny divorces Leonard and leaves, Howard's wife dies, and Sheldon dumps whatshername.

Getting the women out of the equation would be a huge first step.
>>
>>70088840
>implying it was ever good
>>
>>70089011
All three girls go a trip somewhere. They die in a helicopter accident.
>>
>>70088840
nothing it's still great
>>
Introduce science fiction elements or just get really meta with it. By meta I mean just make fun of all the sitcom/sci-fi/comic book tropes there are.
>>
>Leslie Winkle rejoins.
>Penny cucks Leonard
>Raj kills himself
>Howard's wife dies in car accident, he becomes alcoholic, loses his nerd outfit and persona
>Sheldor fucks Wil Wheatons wife

I'd watch this shit
>>
>>70090780
lmao, that's a great idea
>>
An episode with no laugh track, that begins lighthearted but quickly reveals the show's relationships to be nothing more than the horrific abuse of an autistic genius by so-called friends who are using him for his apartment.

The end of the episode should have Leonard get his own apartment and basically come back to Sheldon's with Raj and Wolowitz just to torment Sheldon one last time. In a scene reminiscent of Dead Man's Shoes, they should encourage him to hang himself, which he then actually does. Amy is distraught and cries to the group but it turns out they never liked her either and soon walk away from her, laughing like the normies they are.

Last scene is Sheldon's mother in a church, just kneeling in silence, tearful eyes closed, for 4 straight minutes.
>>
>>70088858
/thread
>>
>>70091376
This sounds more like a movie
>>
>>70088840

Nothing it's funny.
>>
>>70090780
>Leslie Winkle rejoins.
Leslie was a much better character than Penny, I agree.

>Penny cucks Leonard
I would love this. The sooner that relationship ends the sooner this show can get back on track.

>Raj kills himself
Raj needs to have some sort of breakdown. His charm was that he couldn't talk to women, because all nerds have felt like that sometime.

>Howard's wife dies in car accident, he becomes alcoholic, loses his nerd outfit and persona
Would never happen. Old Howard is great. He needs to go back to that, but I doubt they'd kill Bernadette.

That'd be amazing.
>>
This entire series comes down to one thing: it was better before they got girlfriends.
>>
guise i was in a store today and a grill who worked there had a voice like Bernadette, it got me so hard, shud i go back tomorrow and ask her out? what do u think lol
>>
>>70091376

Sounds like edgelord shit to me m8.
>>
>>70092037

First season wasn't bad.
>>
>>70092319

I think you should kill yourself.

On a different topic, does the actress who plays Bernadette actually talk that way or is she just putting that shit on for the show?

Wonder if that's straining the vocal cords a little.
>>
Why do all sitcoms have to come down to "and then they fall in love and get married"?

Even this one, a show that started out as geeks doing geek thing eventually waltzed down to normalfag avenue.

Fuck. What was funny about this show was that it was a show about people who COULD NEVER GET LAID.

And now even Blazzigo is putting that cat-cock in a bitch.

Way to fucking run every character into the dirt.
>>
>>70092439
how ez is this to answer for yourself? lol! are u slow anon?
>>
Make the jokes funny. This has two steps:

1) Make them far less referential. Actually, never say a name of a product, like a particular video game or superhero character, within the show. If you need a superhero, make one up.
2) Include more puns and more long sentences punctuated with insult, as is the tradition of true nerd shows like Daria or Red Dwarf. I'd say to remove the laughtrack, but that's pretty much impossible.

Generally, make the situational comedy actually situational and not just verbal. Don't have it be people sitting on a sofa and telling jokes. The show has some decent situational jokes, like the lightsaber one, people walking onto the scene in costumes, et cetera. Remove all the repeats of things that are already established, like the Ind being weird with girls, in favor of weird people actually actively doing weird things, playing soccer with quarters on the table, for example. Sheldon is the only character allowed to stand around and stare into the wall like an autist anymore, it is now more strongly his schtick. Screw with it sometime by having characters interact with him physically. Make the indian boy twitchier than he already is, and the jew boy particularly hyperactive.

Sheldon's girlfriend is the only other female that gets to stay in the show. She is not allowed to actually become his girlfriend, as Penny is not allowed to stop fucking Chad.
>>
>>70092725
> I'd say to remove the laughtrack, but that's pretty much impossible.

You are correct in this. The show would bleed too many """loyal followers""" if they didn't know when to laugh.
>>
>>70088840
It went from autistic scientists doing faux-"nerdy" stuff to a run-of-the-mill romcom focussed on relationship troubles. The first few seasons are cringy at times, yes, but at least they're somewhat original and catered to a slightly different demographic.
>>
>>70092725
This is the correct reply right fucking here.
>>
>>70092806

You're very right. By the 2nd season when Leonard and Penny were a full-time couple it was all being boiled down to normalfag crap.

Say what you want about Ross and Rachel being on and off, but at least that threw a little spice into the dynamic. Sure it was always the same spice, but at least it WAS spice.
>>
Kaley Cuoco has fucking aged horribly. She was perky and cute in her early-mid twenties, but man is she mediocre now.

The lesbian haircut doesn't do it for me either.
>>
>>70092725
>Make the jokes funny.

You had me at hello.
>>
>>70089011
this, get rid of the girls, except maybe Amy.

Raj goes back to being mute, NEVER make him openly gay, just a weirdo who can't talk to women and relies only on his exotism to get laid, and continue playing this weird bromance between him and Howard

Howard needs to be single again ASAP, as soon as the baby is born, Bernadette dump's his ass and he goes back to being a horny little jew with all king of nerdy schemes to get laid, BUT he will try to be the caring father his own father never was.

I'm not sure about Leonard, he is too bland right now, maybe do something a little sad, he was planning on moving with her in their own place but they divorce and is forced back to being roomates with Sheldon, who will try to uplift him in all kind of unapropriate ways.

Sheldon is basically the same but he needs to be more autistic and less arogant, go back to him having tons of phobias and stuff.

Basically it should have like a soft reboot
>>
>>70094138
>this, get rid of the girls, except maybe Amy.

I don't know what everyone sees in Amy. The show can keep her if they write her down to a very rare appearance. She should NOT be Sheldors girlfriend.

His autism is much better solo.

Except for that I agree with all your points.
>>
>>70094138
>>70089011

There are a few niggers ITT who actually know what this show needs. These two are two such niggers.
>>
>>70094539
his autism can be even more outrageous when it's aimed at Amy, shure he is mean and weird to all the guys, but when it is to his girlfriend it's even more inapropriate, they could go far with this idea, but the show is way to family friendly now
>>
It's not a comedy anymore. Their social impairments have real lasting effects on their relationships and self-esteem. Some of the characters waffle in obscurity and end up settling for a mediocre lifestyle and taking the first person who comes along for a spouse. Others succeed but are used by bullies and opportunists and beset with costly tragedies. No punchline. No music, no fade. Just cut to black.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.