[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I rewatched VII the other day and have come to the conclusion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: starwars_prequel_posters.jpg (290 KB, 1280x637) Image search: [Google]
starwars_prequel_posters.jpg
290 KB, 1280x637
I rewatched VII the other day and have come to the conclusion that the prequels were a superior set of films. Even comparing just I with VII and excluding II and III (superior films in my opinion) I'm left with the fact that VII is a derivative nostalgia fest devoid of the charm and energy that characterized the prequels. The prequels took us to new worlds and had complexity, depth and space to imagine new stories within it.

VII felt sterile and lifeless by comparison. The destruction of the Republic star systems and the whole device of Starkiller are emblematic of the movie. They are merely bigger, enhanced versions of plot devices in IV, and yet they lack the genuine emotional impact of that clearly superior film.

It's amazing to me that people praised it to the extent that they did and I'm confident history will side with the prequels over the corporatized mess of VII.
>>
>>70061964
>depth and space to imagine new stories
yeah but the "new stories" Lucas imagined were shitty overblown soap opera tier
>>
File: 1447496456810.jpg (42 KB, 613x363) Image search: [Google]
1447496456810.jpg
42 KB, 613x363
GUIDE TO STAR WARS CANON

CANON
>Star Wars
>Empire Strikes Back
>Return of the Jedi

NON-CANON
>Literally everything else including movies,videogames,novels,animated series,comic books,toys,coloring books...etc

back to /co/ nigger
>>
At least the prequels still felt like Star Wars. TFA had such a phoned in sound track.
>>
>>70061964
4=5>6=TFA Jakku>3>1>the rest of TFA>2
>>
File: Patricians_choiceV2.jpg (350 KB, 1169x1082) Image search: [Google]
Patricians_choiceV2.jpg
350 KB, 1169x1082
>>
TFA is objectively better made than the prequels. But that doesn't mean it wasn't completely forgettable, which is the biggest sin a movie can commit. The prequels are poorly made in almost every way but at least they'll live on and be remembered in infamy.
>>
>>70062264
This, desu.

Was it ever confirmed that John Williams had to adjust his score to fit the pacing of the movie?
>>
>>70062358
Hello, Reddit!
>>
Hi OP.
Thank you for a well thought out analysis. Looks like you took time and care in this post, well done.

That being said, you opinion is complete shit. You lost me when you used the word superior to describe episode 2, which has got to be the worst movie I've ever seen. Cool locations and aliens aside.....
>>
>>70063439
>Cool locations and aliens aside
that's what SW is all about you dummy, that and oriental fights
>>
>>70063377
Hi /co/ddit
>>
I hated the prequels before it was cool.
>>
>>70063605
Amazing that reddit never disputes it when they get called out

FUCK OFF
>>
>>70063771
back to your prequel hugbox

degenerate >>>/co/ nigger
>>
>>70062157
Hate to tell you, but the cartoons are still canon
>>
>>70062157
>Posts this in every star wars thread
What's your point?
>>
File: 1420985661760.jpg (12 KB, 294x273) Image search: [Google]
1420985661760.jpg
12 KB, 294x273
>>70061964
Can't you stop talking about Star Wars for one day?
They're mediocre at best, all of them.
>>
>>70062511

TFA is better executed. And the characters are great.

The prequels are all much more interesting story concepts that weren't properly executed.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.