[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why most of the cast are British ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Why most of the cast are British ?
>>
>>70058290
Americans can't do accents
>>
>>70058290
Same reason most of the new Star Wars movies feature Brits, it's where they are doing their casting and most of their filming.
>>
>>70058290
It's shot in Ireland and other parts of Europe.
Also this>>70058326
>>
We look ugly enough to pass for medievil citizens that have been weathered by the elements and constant fear of famine, disease and judgement by god.

And our accents are goofy enough that they easily pass for a mythical universe.
>>
Because young American actors can't act for shit. I'm not sure what happened to the American film industry, but it stopped producing proper actors.

Hollywood is flooded with Brits and Australians because Americans are so bad.
>>
>>70058326
Meme dwarf is American, is his accent convincing?

Also
>Aidan Gillen
>>
>>70058689
Sounds very much like an American doing what he thinks is a British accent.
>>
Because in the ASOIAF universe dentists don't exist so they needed to hire actors with bad teeth
>>
>>70058290
Atleast half of them are not British.
>>
>>70058290
Aidan Gillen is Irish.
>>
>>70058473
If you want to be an actor in the UK, you go to a drama school, study Shakespeare/Chekhov/Beckett, mop the floors of some theatre to get your foot in, act on stage in front of an audience and maybe someday someone will notice you and hire you to a film or TV show.

If you want to be an actor in the US, you move to Los Angeles and start running from audition to audition hoping that when the casting couch calls, your gag reflex won't ruin your career.
>>
>cast American actor as Jon Snow
>HOWDY GUYS, HOWS IT GOING. GUNS AND BOOZE, RIGHT?
>EAT UP YOUR BURGER SAM
>YEEEHA, LOOKS LIKE YOUR WATCH HAS ENDED UNLIKE MY ROLEX™ WATCH PRODUCED IN THE UNITED STATES OF USA
>>
>>70059684
is that really what it'd be like anon? jon snow speaking as if he were a cowboy in a watch commercial?
>>
>>70059476
>>70058290

CIA is Irish, King Joffery is Irish, Jaime is Danish, Red Woman is Dutch ,khal drogo is american, tyrion is american, shae is german/turkish
>>
File: JuDDa.jpg (72 KB, 482x600) Image search: [Google]
JuDDa.jpg
72 KB, 482x600
>>70059765
yeah. And Ygritte would be black to fill the race-mixing quota.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.