[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yfw this almost happened and would have completely ruined the trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
yfw this almost happened and would have completely ruined the trilogy
>>
It would be #badass
>>
>>70056964
Thank god someone put a stop to it.
>>
Eh it made sense why they put it in, but the reason they removed it just made more sense especially look at the film as a whole.

I wouldn't have ruined it, maybe just the pacing at the end bit.
>>
they were probably right to remove it, but I'm still really curious how it would've looked

this was not made by 'the Hobbit-Jackson' and the mock-ups in the making-of featurettes looked pretty interesting
>>
I think the initial plan of Aragorn fighting Sauron was silly, but the second plan with him fighting the Mouth of Sauron sounds like it could've been better than him just fighting some random troll.
>>
well sauron literally tossed half a dozen dudes with a swing of his mace so that would be a dumb fight

...but but he's in a weakened state

so we'll have aragorn fight a lame duck sauron

yeah, it's a good thing they left it out.
>>
File: RotK Annatar.jpg (38 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
RotK Annatar.jpg
38 KB, 1024x576
The footage they filmed is still in the movie technically, they just CGIed a troll over top of Sauron and moved the lens flare from his forming on top of the eye, which was apparently Orlando Bloom's idea

>>70058119
>but I'm still really curious how it would've looked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MvcaQg_auk
>>
Now you see that just like with Lucas, Lotr was a masterpiece not for Jackson but for how much his team restrained him.

Jackson would have liked something like The Hobbit, just like Lucas wanted something like the prequels.

Jackson is a talentless hack
>>
>>70056964
>They swapped out the Sauron model for a troll
>In the original vision, Sauron probably steps on aragorn and prepares to deliver the killing blow
>Aragorn stabs him in the foot like Fingolfin v Morogth

POETRY
>>
>>70060576
But Peter has acknowledge the problems with the Hobbit and his shortcomings. I very much doubt he's proud of it compared to lotr. Watch the appendices for the lotr trilogy and see how much love there wasin the entire production, then watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk&ab_channel=Joshalots and see how he seems just so completely done with everything. He deserves your forgiveness anon.
>>
>>70060576

Jackson should never have taken the hobbit job unless it was under his own conditions. He ended up being bent over and forced to try and remake a LOTR trilogy out of a 200 page children's book.

He's half to blame for going through with it. The other half is on Jewywood
>>
>>70060721
I always tgought it was strange that a troll steppibg on aragorn wouldn't instantly crush him that males sense now
>>
>>70060890
>"Oy Vey, Mr Jackson, we've been hearing rumours you plan to make the Hobbit in two parts and not three?"
"Yes, it's a short childrens book"
>"Oy Gevalt, what a holocaust, Mr Jackson, we are missing out on a third film worth of shekels here"
"It'll be hard to make the source material last two films, let alone 3"
>"A shoah, right here in my office, remember the 2 billion, Mr Jackson, we demand you make stuff up, invent new characters, show popular characters from Lord of the Rings, lots and lots of CGI"
"Yes, my chosen one"
>"One last thing you Goy animal, we hear the dragon has 4 legs... it only needs 2 to walk, many shekels will be saved"
>>
The trilogy was already ruined as soon as Two Towers turned Aragorn & co into video game characters

Don't even get me started on the fucking Ghosts

Aragorn fighting Sauron or an Avatar of Sauron would have been perfectly fine
>>
>>70060227
That looks pretty cool though. The lore rape just wouldn't sit right with me. The LotR trilogy on its own is a masterpiece. Everything since has been horrible.
>>
>>70060890

It's more that it was going to happen one way or the other and he stepped in at the last minute to try and stop it turning into a total shitshow.

So it's only like half a shitshow. Which is still better than anyone else could have done.
>>
File: Aragorn_Says_Hi.jpg (26 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
Aragorn_Says_Hi.jpg
26 KB, 400x267
>>70060949
>A shoah, right here in my office
>"Yes, my chosen one"
>"One last thing you Goy animal, we hear the dragon has 4 legs... it only needs 2 to walk, many shekels will be saved"
you have no business making me laugh this hard
>>
>>70060949
Making Smaug a wyvern is what pisses me off the most
>>
>>70056964

I thought that Sauron being literally a giant eye that works like a lighthouse was even more retarded.
>>
>>70056964
Would have been badass.

The opening scene of FotR is excellent.
>>
>>70061214
It helped convey the symbolism behind the Eye to retards pretty well.
>>
>>70061002
You're an idiot. They're already video gamr characters in the fucking book. Their talents and abilities are explained in both the books and the movies within the constraints of the established lore and rules of Middle-Earth.
>>
>>70061239

It does work but it's still retarded.

They adapted some other parts of the books so well thought. I think people can handle not being spoondfed with obvious information all the fucking time.

Sauron works better when he is an ellusive and hidden threat. The more you show him the less threatening he becomes.
>>
File: 1441155857462.jpg (5 KB, 176x206) Image search: [Google]
1441155857462.jpg
5 KB, 176x206
>>70061214
>Frodo puts on the ring for the first time
>Sauron looks at him and literally says "Eye see you!"

This is the only genuinely shit part of the first movie.
>>
>>70061438
>They're already video gamr characters in the fucking book.

Not really, Legolas and Gimli are a lot more down to earth and Aragorn is a lot more restrained and wise, most characters are very dumbed down in the films so they work as action heroes or comix relief.

The only ones that are really well portrayed are Sam and Frodo, and even then there is one scene in which Frodo acts completely out of character to create fake drama.

Gandalf is also different, but he is more of a trickster (rather than a military leader) in the movie which I think works really wel.
>>
File: 1463656878421.jpg (372 KB, 709x796) Image search: [Google]
1463656878421.jpg
372 KB, 709x796
>no extended extended edition with Sauron making an appearance during the battle of the black gate, gandalf fighting slime balrog and eldritch beings in the depths of moria and the scouring of shire
>>
>>70056964
LOTR sucks
>>
>>70062041
>>
>>70062041
>the scouring of shire
That was bad writing by Tolkien and the movie is better off without it.
>>
>>70062364
and yet somehow we got 10 endings lasting for about 40 minutes
>>
>>70062496
Yeah the movie really needed one ending more
>>
>>70062538
maybe, if they cut another 2
>>
File: tfw rohan.png (113 KB, 695x820) Image search: [Google]
tfw rohan.png
113 KB, 695x820
>ywn experience the LotR trilogy for the first time again
>>
>tfw seen fotr at least 30 times
I could watch it again and again and it's always great
>>
>>70062832
>you will never watch it for the first time with your first gf with her family at christmas
>>
>>70061214
It works better on film than some peeping tom asshole looking hiding behind a window
>>
File: 1443385766090.png (143 KB, 284x359) Image search: [Google]
1443385766090.png
143 KB, 284x359
>there will never be a film about the elves of beleriand
>>
>>70061682
Legolas and Gimili are portrayed almost identically to the books in the movies.
>>
>>70061682
>Gandalf is also different, but he is more of a trickster (rather than a military leader) in the movie which I think works really wel.

i think you mean in the book, not the movie
>>
>>70063353
all me
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.