[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do yourself a favor and wait for a good download to watch Warcraft.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Orc.jpg (65 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Orc.jpg
65 KB, 640x640
Do yourself a favor and wait for a good download to watch Warcraft. It might not be worth a cinema ticket to most people here (though I would personally disagree after seeing it today), but it's definitely worth waiting to see in better quality than some shitty Indian cam rip. The special effects are next level. Way better than Avatar at times, but not as consistently. Still, it's Transformers tier at its worst. The story is pretty simple but it's good enough. I knew it already so maybe it'll be more exciting to people who haven't played the games. The character development is the best part, in particular on the Orc side. The humans are a bit bland. The visual style of the film is a bit jarring though. It really blends reality with the look of the game. But it looks the way it looks on purpose you quickly realize. You get used to it pretty quick.

This movie is nowhere near reddit enough to get a good score on rottentomatoes, so dont wait for it to get good reviews. It's not capeshit. Watch it somehow and try to have some fucking fun when you do it.
>>
I've always liked wow so I will see it in the theater, i'll be the one with the "My Waifu Is a Night Elf" shirt on, yes, I'll be sitting alone
>>
>>70050580

Whats the pacing like? are most scenes really only like 20secs?

Do they really only mention charters names once if at all?
>>
>>70050604
Where 2 cop that t shirt?
>>
I feel like if this movie was done completly in cgi it would have been much better, the human scenes look jarring.
>>
Got tickets last week. If you don't go to the theater for movies like this, you either take yourself too seriously or are a poorfag neet. Or both.
>>
The orcs really do look good though, it's probably the best representation of them you could do in a film.
>>
goddamn it was good, right?! i'm going to see it again this afternoon. what a thrill ride! :D it was pretty brilliant. sure it has some slow parts in the movie (literally the only reason it was 9/10 not 10/10), but what a fucking masterpiece. visually stunning, great music, lovable/hatable characters. this had it all.
Don't be afraid of going, my fellow shy-gamers. I'm pretty shy myself, so i went alone aaha :p. But i had a blast. everyone in the theater did. people were cheering FOR THE HORDE and FOR THE ALLIANCE. there was cosplaying, it was such an amazing environment and the movie was even better. can't wait to see it again once i'm off work today.
I can't wait to see the new Warcraft™ movie with my friends.
I've been a warcraft fan for decades. I've played so many hours on World of Warcraft, it's like an obsession. This movie did the series a great justice. Brilliant acting/casting/setting/action. Just.. amazing. LOVED IT!
Ignore the rottentomatoes (or as I like to say, rottenshameatoes) ratings guys. It's awesome.
I know one thing, it may be June, but the movie of the Summer is already here as far as i'm concerned!
>>
>>70051125
>someone, somewhere actually wrote this
>>
>>70050580
>This movie is nowhere near reddit enoug
>Warcraft
>nowhere near reddit
Shill please.
>It's not capeshit.
It's the same shit. Warcraft always was story about few superheroes.
>>
>>70051241
How do you know? Because you used to play? Just because you outgrew your enjoyment of what Warcraft offered beyond gameplay doesn't mean everyone else has or can't recapture it or enjoy it for the first time. It's fun and nowhere near as formulaic as any movie in the MCU.

For example pretty much everyone dies
>>
How graphic are the deaths of Thrall's parents?
>>
>>70050580
That bitch on the right wants to get ORCEd
>>
>>70051520
>How do you know? Because you used to play?
Yep, all important moments in Warcraft plot was Wolves by bunch of superheroes.
>>
I liked visuals in the movie, but characters were pretty shitty.
Lothar is now shitty hollywood-ish """sarcastic""" clown instead of being experienced old warrior.
Khadgar is even more shit wizard.
Medivh's reveal was just thrown in the face, instead of being revealed gradually. And the final fight with him was weak.
Garona is a """"""strong"""""" woman now.
Original characters - Queen and Lothar's son - are bunch of shit. Lothar's son is a fucking wimp and his only purpose in the movie was to drag out the movie and force stupid drama.

Ending was shitty. Llane was slain in the battle, instead of being assassinated in the castle.

The main problem is that they tried to work on both sides of conflict equally, which resulted in very slow pacing. Bunch of irrelevant scenes with Garona being """"""strong"""""" woman. There's only one grand battle in the movie, and that was pretty one-sided.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.