[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/, do you know who did the creature designs on Tremors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: tremors-graboid-attacking.jpg (130 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
tremors-graboid-attacking.jpg
130 KB, 1280x692
Hey /tv/, do you know who did the creature designs on Tremors? Was it mostly a single guy or a company or what? Have they worked on any other movies?

I've just seen it for the first time a few days ago and as a marine biologist I was blown away by how many features on the "monsters" actually exist on real animals, and they totally make sense considering where they live and how they feed etc. It's so much better than even AAA productions such as Godzilla, you can just see that everyone involved was really good in their craft, there was so much attention to detail.
>>
>>70048238
His tongue looks like my benis
>>
>>70048333

like it takes up 30% of a thumbnail?
>>
What's with all the Tremors threads recently? I like that movie, but I haven't seen or heard about it in years.
>>
>>70048412
RLM posted a video about it.
>>
>>70048238
the creature design is godlike
it looks biological. like a REAL animal. whoever designed these deserves a medal
>>
>>70048412
>RLM makes video about Tremors
>shitposters on /tv/ make multiple threads that quote the RLM video but pretend they're trying to pass it off as their own just to troll
This is what some people do with their spare time. Pathetic.
>>
>>70048374
kek
>>70048451
all up until the point where they literally burrow through massive amounts of hard sand and rock... rapidly
>>
>>70048238
But, I don't watch RLM garbage. C'mon you fags it's like Let's Plays for movies.

And I actually like Tremors, it's a good piece of early 90's practical sci-fi creatures.

Plus that one scene where the main girl busts across that deck in her panties doe. All my adolescent boners.
>>
>>70048238

Without looking it up (I'm surprised no one has just yet, and more surprised that no one has shit-talked you for not just looking it up, it's almost as if a bunch of people suddenly remembered that there is a pleasure and value in knowing things cold, whatever you're interested in, and testing yourself to see if you can remember before looking at your screen for the knowledge)...

Without looking it up, I wanna say Stan Winston was a player. Having made my honest guess, I will now proceed to look it up.

NOPE. No Stan Winston, no Rick Baker, etc. Just a crew of guys. With ONE notable name that sticks out at me.

Tom Woodruff Jr. has a 30-year creature-making career, having worked on Tremors, Aliens/Terminator/Predator/AvP/all kinds sci-fi. You wanna know who actually makes your movie creatures, this guy had a big hand in all of it.
>>
>>70048855
>You wanna know who actually makes your movie creatures

Stan Winston.

Woodruff was lucky enough to be his sidekick on Aliens and inherit work on some of the franchises later, but let's not mistake him for the true maestro.

That said, the Tremors SFX is fucking amazing.
>>
>>70048621
This.
>>
>>70048855
which website does your dubs go to find information like that on movies?
>>
>>70049829

im-dubs ._. 2/10 for reply
>>
>>70048855

Wasn't it the guys at StudioAdi?
>>
>I was blown away by realistic these giant underground super worms were, and I'm a biologist.

You're not a biologist. You're a kid who saw the Red Letter Media review, and took Mike's one comment too far.
>>
File: tremors5.jpg (9 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
tremors5.jpg
9 KB, 300x225
dem underpants
that mouse
I want to pet that little mouse!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.