[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow. just seen it. I finally understand the memes. But couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: hodor.jpg (80 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
hodor.jpg
80 KB, 1280x718
Wow. just seen it. I finally understand the memes.

But couldn't they leave it at hold the door? Why did they have to make him say "Hodor" in the end?

Do they think people are so dumb they wouldn't understand it unless explained fucking explicitly?
>>
>>70044906
>Do they think people are so dumb

people who watch that trash are indeed that dumb
>>
>>70044934
and that includes OP
>>
I noticed literally almost every line or notion that should be subtle yet blatant is somehow explained right after, it's fucking hilarious how dumbed down the writing for GoT.

But I'll still watch it because I got sucked into the fucking social phenomenon that it is
>>
>>70044981
Spoken like a true plebeian
>>
>>70044906

I don't get your complaint, they aren't doing it because people wouldn't get it, it's just what happened. He had some kind of stroke and hold the door melded into hodor. Should they have just cut him off after saying it once?
>>
Its a show for the masses what do you expect m8
>>
>>70044906
Stroke, seizure, witness death at hands of corpse army. Stabbed and scratched by rotting corpses. Writhing in pain etc.
>>
>>70044906
It was showing his brain being squat into nothing, his whole destiny and death shown and decided for him in a matter of minutes.

All decided by a teenage boy who thinks the whole universe revolves around him, which it sorta does.
>>
>>70044906
>Do they think people are so dumb they wouldn't understand it unless explained fucking explicitly?

This is coming from the writers than had to make Meryn Trant a child bashing pedo just in case you forgot why Arya hated him
>>
>>70044981
It wasn't always this way, but once the show caught on they definitely made it more appealing to normies.
>>
>>70044906
What happened? I'm probs not going to continue watching.
>>
>>70044906
That was my problem too, you would think it would take months or years of him constantly mumbling "hold the door" for it to congeal into "hodor", wouldn't you? Not 5 seconds, so that the mouth breathers in the audience can say "OHHH, I GET IT"

I mean they could have just cut back and forth from child hodor saying "hold the door" and adult hodor holding back the wights and yelling "hodor", and just cut back and forth a few times, and anyone with half a brain would have gotten it
>>
Yeah too bad they dont cater to all the fucking autist out there so they do go sperging out on japanese grinder board
>>
>>70048142
>retards don't understand that The retarded hodor and the Wylis (normal hodor) from the past changed bodies
>retards can't even notice how Hodor's eyes in his final moments aren't warg-like, which always happens when bran wargs into him in previous episodes.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.