[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men: Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 220x330
Just watched it, ask anything.
Most important things
>Movie is a solid 6/10
>It spends too much time on useless things and almost none on important ones, it's weird as fuck.
>Villains suck.
>The movie makes you think it's far better than it actually is because it has 5 extremely good scenes.
>>
>>70040622
>ask me anything

its been out on torrents for the last week faggot

and fuck your pretentious 6/10 score
>>
How the fuck do you manage to make apocalypse so... non threatening?
Also, fuck mystique, seriously fuck her,
at least when wolverine had all the focus
it was kinda justified because you know,
he is actually important in the comics
>>
The Singerverse is finally over. Thank god.
>>
Does JenLaw ruin the movie?
>>
>>70040855
Of course
>>
>>70040855

Mystique was shoe horned ever since the first one. Her character in general ruins the movies
>>
>>70041050
No, Mystique played a rather minor henchman role in the first three. It was good.

She was shoehorned when the producers decided to include JLaw and did not find a character for her to play.
>>
>>70040855
Yes, it does. She shoehorns herself wherever possible and uses her "human" look as much as possible (even though it doesn't make fucking sense considering both previous movies).
She was great in the original movies because she was just Magnetos right hand assassin kind of character, and actually looked threatening, not like potato face.
>>
>>70041102

I meant the first three in this trilogy
>>
So!

Mystique is the greatest mutant of all time now. Everybody knows her and love her and aspire to be her. Mutants collapse in awe when she (rarely) decide to turn blue.

Isn't it nice? Thank you, Singer
>>
>>70041230
Wait, isn't this the third one?
First Class
Days of Future past
Apocalypse
>>
>>70041102
>She was shoehorned when the producers decided to include JLaw and did not find a character for her to play

I don't think she was shoehorned in First Class, JLaw wasn't even a star yet. However they moved focus onto her since she's at the moment the biggest actress in Hollywood. I think the studio believes a lot of people saw DOFP because her.

Does Mystique/Magneto romance happen or does she get with Beast?
>>
>>70041356
X1-2 and Last Stand
>>
>>70041433
Magneto is the alpha, Beast is the beta.
It's still unsolved, but I haven't seen Apocalypse yet.
>>
>>70041470
>I meant the first three in this trilogy

He meant the first three in this trilogy, that means the "prequels"
>>
J-Law was cast in First Class when she was still a rising talent. Hunger Games had not come out yet. I can't remember which was shot first, First Class or Hunger Games. I think First Class but don't quote me on it, too lazy to check the facts now. Anyways, the point being that Hunger Games made her a star which obviously changed Fox's plans drastically. They now had a movie star in their hands for the sequels and obviously they were gonna bump her to have a bigger role.

When she shot First Class she was just the Oscar nominated, promising indie darling from Winter's Bone.
>>
>>70041484
>>70041433
She seems like she does have feelings for Magneto and Beast for her.

The weird thing is that they canonized that quicksilver is magnetos son thing, but didn't say anything about nightcrawler being mystiques son.
>>
>>70040622
What are these 5 extremely good scenes?

Because the quicksilver one sure isn't one of them
>>
>>70041592
What? That scene was good, are you trying to be edgy?
>>
Quicksilver is such a meme character.
Not to mention I can't fucking stand the actor.
>>
>>70041632
Not that guy but is it true that it's just essentially a rehash of the scene from DOFP? Sounds pretty uninspired to me. Not that that would make the scene worse but still
>>
>>70041592
Imo the music saved the quicksilver scene

What really ruined this movie for me was all the dialogue being forced as fuck. It had MoS syndrome where ever line sounds like its meant for a trailer.
>>
>>70040622
5 good scenes is WAY better than the average capeshit, or hollywood actioners in general
>>
>>70040622
Brian Singer literally raped children

Why are you giving people like him money?
>>
>>70041632
It's exactly like the first scene, but stretched out for too long and lacking any awe as this time nothing in it is new
>>
>>70041694
Well, it's a scene where Quicksilver uses his power. I mean, it's not like every time character uses power that he used in previous movie its a "rehash" right?
Its a similar scene in that he slows time (or speeds himself up, doesn't matter) and then does things while music plays and it's kind of funny. This is much larger in scale though.
>>
>>70041730
I can't even understand why he's even working still.
And why haven't the actors refused to act in it.
Are they really so vain they are willing to forgive child molestation for a fat paycheck?
>>
File: bravo Singer.webm (3 MB, 640x298) Image search: [Google]
bravo Singer.webm
3 MB, 640x298
>>
Was quicksilver wearing a Rush t shirt in ever scene?
>>
>>70041632

That scene was weird as hell dude.

>Havok shot at a nuclear reactor or whatever inside the mansion.
>Quicksilver appears just in the nick of time and uses literal speed force
>Song doesn't make sense unlike the DOFP scene
>Saves everyone but Havok

It felt weird
>>
>>70041783

It was bullshit that apocalypse was able to stop him. I know he has all the powers or whatever, but there is no way he could react like that.
>>
>>70041846
what song?
>>
How well did they explain what Apocalypse's governing philosophy was?
>>
>>70041926

Time in a bottle was in dofp

They used sweet dreams
>>
>>70041783
Why is he getting hammered then all of a sudden he can catch Quicksilvers punch?

Bullshit
>>
>>70041983
that's...
what?
how does that work.
>>
>>70041964
He didn't like politics, laws and technology and thought that people should be ruled by the physically strongest.
>>
>>70041846
I swear to fuck I an having Deja vu
I've read this before
It's a pasta right?
>>
>>70042109
So literally 'herr derr' the villain?
>>
>>70041964
The same as ancient egypt
if you're strong enough to force people to do your work, you rule.
>>
>>70042156
The thought that 'weak' people ruled the world by means of politics, technology and rules triggered him to no end. I don't know, he was from a different time and saw this age as degenerate, it's good enough for a villain.
>>
So how did the FBI Agent knew about Apocalypse and how did he appear occasionally with his 4 horsemen if he spent the last 5000 years under a pyramid?
>>
>>70040796
>Also, fuck mystique, seriously fuck her,
She is barely in the movie m8.
>>
>>70042305
>She is barely in the movie m8.
????
She's literally the main character for no fucking reason
>>
>>70042352
>main character
Watch the fucking movie.
She is in 1 scene tops (nightcrawler vs archangel). Other time she is just standing in the background and doing nothing.
>>
>>70042383
Then why did >>70040867 confirm she ruins the movie?
>>
>>70042352
Also, even her misleading speach from the trailer - YOU ARE NOT KIDS ANYMORE, WE MUST FIGHT BLAH BLAH.
Happening not before apocalypse fight, but right before the credits in the training room.
>>
>>70041964

He could've literally destroyed the world when he cotnrolled all the nukes, but sent them into space for some reason.

I found this scene funny because this was Sebastian Shaw's method to destroying the planet because mutants can survive radiation or some dumb ass shit.

But instead he had Magneto lift up all the metal in the world.

God damn this movie was retarded
>>
File: 1412268668200.jpg (399 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1412268668200.jpg
399 KB, 1024x768
>>70042398

her mere presence ruins it.
>>
>>70042398
>Trusting /tv/
I remember some faggots talked about how psylock hijacked plane and just flew away before apoc fight.
/tv/ is dumb and can't understand basic things in movies.
>>
>>70042422
>But instead he had Magneto lift up all the metal in the world.
Why
>>
>>70041592
>Apocalypse lauching the nukes into space.
>Magneto getting buffed by Apocalypse
>Quicksilver scene is great, fuck you.
>Charles entering Apocalypse mind (If only that was the actual fight, Charles using the only thing Apocalypse doesn't have agains't him, even if he was defeated in the end and Jean came in to fight Apocalypse, it would've been so much better.
>Wolverine scene, it was a little shoehorned, but it was cool to see some action, it was also well worked for my surprise.
>>70042398
Because he didn't watch it.
What ruins the movie is how they don't explore important things like the phoenix force and make Apocalypse a fucking retard, getting subpar mutants like Psylocke and Angel to fight for him, and how everyone needs a redemption, except the guy that was forced to fight and join Apocalypse.
JLaw is, of course, way more important than she should be, but she almost isn't there anyway, her most important scenes are her getting nightcrawler and trying to fuck Apocalypse over with a fucking sword.
>>
>>70042422
>He could've literally destroyed the world when he cotnrolled all the nukes
m8, mutants not immune to radiation.

>because mutants can survive radiation or some dumb ass shit.
Another retarded /tv/ poster. Only few mutants would survive that, ONLY STRONG.
>>
>>70042456
So quirky and fun, just like us.
She's so down to earth, amazing.
>>
>magneto kills thousands and demolishes half a world
<"its ok erik, just rebuild my school and i guess were cool with it" - xavier
>jean grey has a phoenix on/off ability whenever she wants
>worst villains
>copypaste memesilver scene fro previous movie
>pointless moira and weapon x facility just to boot wolverine 3
>storm just watches as apocalypse destroys cairo and her friends prob died too
<"its ok im an xmen nao lol"
>devil may cry tier cringe dialogue
>IS THIS WHO I AM
>DONT STOP ME FROM KILLING THESE MEN
>WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU

bravo singer
>>
>>70042468

To destroy the world. Not joking he literally was lifting all the literal metal in the world.
>>
>>70042422
It would've killed almost everyone, what are you talking about? It would also make the land useless.
Also, it was about taking power away from men, and not destroying everything.
>>
>>70042483
>getting subpar mutants like Psylocke and Angel to fight for him
Well at least Psylock actual fighter and not aladdin like street thief.

Also, i think magneto killed millions of people and they just cool at the end, this is true stupid moment.
>>
File: 1464247854743.jpg (222 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1464247854743.jpg
222 KB, 1000x563
Why does capeshit annoy me so much?
>>
>>70042490

Sebastian Shaw wanted to nuke the planet because he said mutants were immune to radiation.

I know it's retarded but it was in the first film
>>
>>70042468
To take away every single mark made by men from the world, since he sees men as weak, he wanted to destroy everything the weak made and make something better out of it.
He literally says it on the movie.
Don't trust retards like >>70042533
>>
>>70042577
Nah, he was just retarded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9_Hv5oRhHs

Mutants not immune to radiation and nuke blasts. Even Apoc was scared of nukes.
>>
>>70042576
Because you're a weak man, and seeing people more powerful than you makes you uncomfortable and angry in a way you can't quite come to terms with.
>>
Magneto literally murders millions of people and isn't punished. Him and Xavier are all buddy buddy and joke around at the end.
>>
>>70041802
At the end he's wearing a plaster-cast on his broken leg, with "I love Rush" written on it. Blink and you'll miss it.
>>
>Hate nazis
>Become a bodyguard for a literally Hitler with god powers
>>
>>70042642

>Children of the atom

Jesus Christ that is so obscure yet it is so forced
>>
I admit Bryan Singer did an ok job for most of these movies but he don't know jackshit about the X-men.
>>
>>70042811
Yep, it is magneto character.
Nazi camp fucked up his mind for good.
>>
>>70042621

>The death toll would be...
>... The whole god damn world

Literally an hour and 39 minutes into the cam rip. What Magneto was doing would've killed everyone. Jesus Christ, you are a stupid shit.
>>
>>70042383
YOU watch the movie, the whole "she's a hero!" thing, "we're are x men", the whole talk with magneto, she was literally the main character.
>>
>>70042937

And also it was every literal atom of metal in the world he was lifting. In the ocean lining and in the soil.

This movie is fucking retarded
>>
>>70041846
>Saves everyone but Havok

you fucking retard Havok was rekt before he got there, watch it again.
>>
>>70040622
The tone of the movie was handled poorly. Comic relief while funny doesn't completely work because it happens close to a more dramatic scene. Barely any build up to the climax fight, which is garbage. Not much character development. Didn't mind the new cast. I liked Sophie Turner but her American accent is balls. Cyclops dude is better than future Cyclops.
>>
>>70043262

So what you're saving is he saved everyone but Havok?

kill yourself
>>
Funny how Apocalypses followers 5000 years ago had better powers than his modern ones
>>
>>70040622
>have En Sabah Nur as your main antagonist
>fucking Apocalypse, an immortal badass who regularly wipes the floor with the Xmen
>instead of finding the most powerful mutants for his Horsemen he recruits fucking psylocke and angel
>Jean Grey uses the Phoenix Force to kill just Apocalypse even though it would actually totally destroy everyone and everything around her
>all to inevitably set up Dark Phoenix for the next movie

Isaac, McAvoy and Fassbender are wasted on capeshit
>>
When I saw this movie the thing I kept thinking is that Fassbender is way too good to be in this shit
>>
Post Credits scene also hints at Mr Sinister as next villain
>clean up crew cleaning Wolverine fucking everything
>Guy in business suit walking throughout with briefcase
>Enters Wolverine's holding chamber, gets vial with Weapon X marked on it
>Puts it in briefcase with other brightly coloured vials
>Final shot says Essex across the briefcase, end stinger
Can confirm, Ausfag and saw it on release date
>>
>>70044324
He, James and Isaac are the best things in this movie no doubt.
They star in the 3 best scenes of the movie, and it's so sad to see them in movies as bad as this one.
>>70043719
I got so hyped when i saw Charles entering Apocalypse mind, and fighting him there.
Shit, i know that Apocalypse is too big of a threat to be fighted like that, but wouldn't be so much better if they atacked him phisically while Charles destroyed him mentally?
Why use the Phoenix? I mean, it wouldn't be bad if they actually explored that for more than 5 minutes of movie, but holly shit, we only saw evidence of power on Jean in a 5 minute scene.
>>70043652
No surprise.
Fucking angel...
>>
File: archangel.jpg (102 KB, 893x582) Image search: [Google]
archangel.jpg
102 KB, 893x582
>>70043719
>instead of finding the most powerful mutants for his Horsemen he recruits fucking psylocke and angel

for better or worse it's based on the comics, where angel has a long history with apocalypse
>>
>>70044324
Just wait until you see ass creed.

Also holy fuck, 4chan was down for ages.
>>
The only thing about this movie that stood out for me was the soundtrack.
Also, why the fuck did Magneto move to a fucking commie dictatorship were everyone snitched on each other the whole time if he wanted to keep his identity secret?
>>
>>70044483
That's not a hit for the film, it's a miss for the comics.
I don't know angel, i don't know if he's a good character or something, but i know for sure that he isn't a powerfull enough mutant to be a horseman.
>>
>>70041876
It's because Apocalypse is basically "that kid" at the playground who has all powers, like you said.
>>
>>70044705
No idea.
I personally loved some scenes but yeah, overall it's just not a good movie.
Watch the best scenes on youtube but don't watch the movie is the go to answer about this one i think.
>>
So wait, why was Apocalypse blue and what was his actual powers?

From my understanding he had just collected tons of powers trough the ages by swapping bodies with mutants
>>
>>70040622
>Just watched it, ask anything.
The movie's already out loser
>attempt at 4chan fame as the one anon who saw this movie before everyone
>fail at that too
Why are you a living failure? Why do you always fail at everything?
>>
>>70045151
No explaining on his powers
We can say that he's bullshitus maximus infinitus, and that's that.
No idea why he's blue, wasn't he gray in the comics?
>>
>>70042519

there was no point for magnetos wife and child get killed, he was always fukken pissed at humanity and why was he hiding in the first place, wasnt he ready to start the brotherhood at the end of the last movie?
>>
>>70042456
Why would someone use their toothbrush on their junk. And why would you allow someone else to take that pic?
>>
File: 1442342058012.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1442342058012.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>>70047025
>toothbrush
>>
>>70047139
What is that then? I dont think Lawrence was testing if she got pregnant from a bukkake
>>
>>70047223
It's a razor to have her gross pubic hair
>>
>>70047025

sometimes i use my electric toothbrush on my wife's junk
>>
>>70045722
No. Actually he was doing the opposite.
At the end of DoFP he was given a second chance to start a new life.
He went and tried it, and they fucked him over again.
>>
>>70045151
I think his power is matter shaping and the suit allows him to swap bodies
>>
The nukes would come straight back to earth

Apocalypse is retarded
>>
>>70048516
Those weren't nukes, were they?
They were regular missiles so he meant to blast off the main cities. But yeah, he was kinda dumb.
>>
>>70048516
They would have got destroyed crashing down on Earth, and nukes don't explode if they are not correctly detonated
>>
>>70041997
Because Apocalypse adapted. That's what he does.
>>
It's not offensively bad, but the 3rd act in particular is just really weak.

Magneto has the same internal struggle every damn movie (granted they added the family this time), they just lazily rehashed the quicksilver scene from DOFP, Sophie Turner was really really bad as Jean. Most of the main cast just felt like they were phoning it in.

The Wolverine scene was great though, really brutal, made me hype for his R rated movie.

They could have done so much more with Apocalypse
>>
>>70048181
They didn't, really. One person accidentally killed his wife/daughter and that caused him to resolve to kill all humans.

Note, that they weren't violent. One/more reported him after finding he was a mutant (and Magneto), the police got his daughter so they could arrest him in more or less equal grounds (a forest with no metal), his daughter got scared, scaring one of them that accidentally release an arrow on his wife and kid. That means all humans must die.

Charles is blind as fuck when it comes to Magneto, and the movies must let him rest. Every movie is the same shit.
>>
>>70048978
>Sophie Turner was really really bad as Jean.

I thought she'd be horrendous as Jean, since she's a weak character, but she worked fine; better than Famke that never felt as Jean. The accent thing doesn't bother me, because I never cared for it, but she needs pronunciation/phonetic coach, I noticed in this movie her problem in acting is with her voice. She needs to learn to project it better.
>>
>>70049354
That's why I didn't like her, the accent was taking me out of the film every time she was on screen
>>
File: no more brian singer.jpg (41 KB, 575x288) Image search: [Google]
no more brian singer.jpg
41 KB, 575x288
>>
>>70041783
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.