[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans eat so much while watching a film at the cinema?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: corn.jpg (7 KB, 174x250) Image search: [Google]
corn.jpg
7 KB, 174x250
Why do Americans eat so much while watching a film at the cinema?

Why do they willingly pay 3 to 5 times what the food costs at the theater concession stands?
>>
my theater used to sell popcorn by the trashbag

i liked to leave the theater with my stomach visibly distended from popcorn & brown cornwater
>>
>can't go for two hours without eating
Fucking fatties.
>>
>>70024021
The concession stand is the only way the theater can make money. We're just doing our part to help them stay open.
>>
They need something to distract from their shitty films with abundant CGI and special effects.
>>
80% of americans don't eat anything from the concession booth. I understand maybe getting a drink or even a popcorn but it takes a special type of clientele to order food from the concession

you see people doing it in tv and film because it's marketing for their industry
>>
>>70024217
>ticket price doubles in three years
>$20 to see a 3D movie in some places now
>a theater ticket now costs almost as much as a Blu-ray release of the movie which you can watch over and over again
>we have to buy overpriced food to help them stay open

Looks like we got a real good goy here.
>>
>>70024021
>waaah why do americans have so much disposable income
it's an unfortunate side effect of not having massive taxes you euro cunt
>>
>>70024021

Eating in a cinema is degenerate anyway.

Nothing worse than having your viewing experience tainted because some greedy shits cant go 2 hours without shoving food in their fat mouths
>>
>>70024379
Doesn't a lion's share of the movie ticket profit go to the studio and not the theater?
>>
>>70024573
I like to spend my money on nice things, not overpaying for garbage fast food.
>>
>>70024379
Goddamn that is ridiculous. Shit I live in Florida in a tourist are and even here tickets aren't that much. I can go see a matinee for 7.50, regular for 9.50, 3D for 12.50, IMAX 3D for 15 flat, 16.50 for DBOX, and 18 for a 3D DBOX movie.
>>
>>70024691
Like Korans!!!???
>>
>>70024021

Got heart attack just by looking at that. Fucking Amerifats
>>
>>70024021
>being so poor you can't purchase authentic theater snacks
lol what a cuck you are yuropoor
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.