[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost in Translation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
Thoughts on this film? I think it's probably Scarlett Johannson's best role. Also, Bill Murray was great. Well shot too, Sofia Coppola did a great job. Overall, I thought it was a great picture, gave it an 8/10 on IMDB, but curious to hear /tv/'s thoughts.
>>
>>70020554
I thought it was boring and the theme of being alienated and alone didn't resonate with me.

3/10.
>>
It was written by her father he even did a Suntory whiskey commercial over there.
>>
>>70020554
>Sofia Coppola did a great

Tits or gtfo
>>
It's good, but there is nothing remarkable about it (except perhaps the first shot)
>>
Beautifully shot. Ultimate comfy flick.
>>
File: Sofia_Coppola_Cannes_2013.jpg (90 KB, 477x690) Image search: [Google]
Sofia_Coppola_Cannes_2013.jpg
90 KB, 477x690
>>70020598
she is decently attractive
>>
I love it more every time I see it
>>
>>70020620
it is a very good... shot.
and ass.
It's a very good ass.
>>
>>70020620
it is THE pinnacle of /comfycore/.
it was comfy before comfy was a genre.
some would say Spike Jonze's 'Her' is true /comfycore/ but LiT not only came before but also did it better.
>>
>>70020554
The husband is lazily written, but other than that it's pretty good. Nothing spectacular but not in any way noticeably bad. 6.5/10
>>
>>70020708
it's such a re-watchable film
>>
>>70020776
I think the thinly sketched husband fits the narrative, he's distant and aloof from Charlotte's problems in their marriage. From her perspective all he does is come home late and go out with suspect women
>>
>>70020776
I wouldn't necessarily say lazy, but I wouldn't argue if you gave me an example. He had some depth, he loved his wife and everything but he was very committed to his work and his personality made him seem more withdrawn.
>>
Probably my favourite film desu
>>
>>70020887
It's in my top twenty
>>
File: somewhere-poster.jpg (433 KB, 1038x1600) Image search: [Google]
somewhere-poster.jpg
433 KB, 1038x1600
>>70020554
great film. Likely Sophia Coppola's best. Somewhere is pretty good too.
>>
>>70020936
Never seen Somewhere, haven't much explored S. Coppola's other works, which I kick myself for every day, I really should dive into her catalog soon
>>
>>70020808
This. Ive watched a half dozen times.
>>
When you think of this film, what song from the ost comes to mind first?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyU24rr0doo

I know most people will say MBV, but this one capture the melancholy under the shiny exterior more, and nails the whole film in one line

>I guess I couldn't live without the things that made my life what it is
>>
>>70020936

A lot of people didn't like Somewhere, but I enjoyed it too.
>>
>>70020554

Trash cinematography
>>
>>70020681
>decently attractive

She's god-tier wifing material, senpai, the utterly patrician choice.

Which is why even after banging Karen O and god knows whatever other god-tier pussoi he could find, Spike Jonze was still so hung up on Sofia that he made Her to try and say "I'm sorry", publicly, almost 15 years after the fact, in an act of awkward desperation that would make /r9k/ proud
>>
>>70020554
A c list actor who still manages to land publicity spots which gives him lots of money and a aimless philosophy major hot girl are feeling lonely despite having lots of friends and being om vacation. Really relatable, sure.

For years I have heard of this movie, my ex girlfriend from 2008 used to talk a lot about and I only saw it this year. It's funny because I saw a lot from my ex in this Scarllet's character, but I hated the damn movie. It's slow, pointless and just a comfy movie for hipsters who have no worries in life other than finding themselves and someone who they can be happy with for two/three years before repeating the cycle.
>>
>>70020708
I cry in the end every time
>>
>>70021559
>JUST LIKE HONEY
>>
Pointless waste of time. Bill clearly did it to fuck scarjo and I don't blame him one bit.
>>
File: 1456155852589.jpg (21 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
1456155852589.jpg
21 KB, 324x324
>>70021673
Oh man here we go again
>>
>>70021123
i like the one by Air, when the girl goes to the temple
>>
>>70020554
>Scarlett Johannsons best role
You mean her only good role? This is the only time in her entire career she was a good actress.

Also one of my favorite movies even though i know it's not fantastic.
>>
>>70021853
makes my insides go a bit funny to be honest with you mate

:'(
>>
CLOSE MY EYES
>>
>>70022098
I know
>>
>>70020554
it's pretty shit imho senpai
>>
What did he say at the end?
>>
>>70022542
(benis)
>>
>>70021492
>pretty people with friends must be happy
The problem is with your mentality, not the film
>>
We need to spend two weeks in Tokyo, oh noezzz, I'm so miserable, what do, aaaaa....
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.