[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alamo Drafthouse reveals plans for gender-neutral restrooms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11
>AUSTIN, Texas — The Alamo Drafthouse posted their design for gender-neutral restrooms on Facebook Tuesday.
>Alamo Drafthouse founder and CEO Tim League says the company has been working with an architect to create a design that meets city codes, is comfortable for all genders and gets the job done.
http://keyetv.com/news/local/alamo-drafthouse-responds-to-criticism-of-planned-gender-neutral-restrooms

DROPPED Where am I supposed to see movies and drink alcohol now?
>>
As long as you can still bring your falcon into the bathroom I don't really mind
>>
who gives a shit, all this garbage will be thrown out the window in 10 years when nobody uses them
>>
>Austin
Cuck-central of the south-central US
>>
>>70013914

Austin is liberal as fuck, always has been.

In 20 years we're going to look back on non gender neutral restrooms like we do "colored" and "white" restrooms.

Chill.
>>
>>70014070
Honestly, I don't see how getting extras bathrooms is at all a bad thing.
>>
>>70013914
>plans

Sounds like they're desperate for free publicity.
>>
>>70013914
>Alamo Drafthouse was my favorite spot in San Antonio for watching flicks and drinking beer

Looks like it's sober Regal Cinemas only from now on.
>>
>>70013914
jesus christ
god mother fucking dammit
>>
File: problem solved.jpg (19 KB, 480x332) Image search: [Google]
problem solved.jpg
19 KB, 480x332
>>70013914
Here's a cheaper solution.
>>
>>70013914
We got a place in Waco the Hippodrome that serves full alcohol in food, so if you are willing to drive an hour and a half come by
>>
>>70015026
>literally the same outcome
>>
File: it burns.jpg (108 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
it burns.jpg
108 KB, 900x506
>>70015134
>>
What a joke
>>
>>70015232
You keep your old bathrooms the way they are, and just build one room for fags.
>>
>>70013914
>their only gimmick is serving alcohol in the theater
Others will probably follow it
>>
>>70013914
>Austin Texas
no surprise
>>
What's the big fucking deal? It's unisex bathrooms. Each room is its own stall, can someone actually explain the problem? I feel like I'm on fucking crazy pills
>>
File: clock.jpg (46 KB, 354x236) Image search: [Google]
clock.jpg
46 KB, 354x236
>>70015270
Dude branch davidians are creepy as hell, the best thing that can happen is them burning to hell. My school had a doomsday clock of theirs
>pic related
>>
>>70015328
Western values are closely tied to public restrooms.
>>
Like a unisex bathroom or a family bathroom with the extra changing tables? These aren't new things even if liberals like to think they are, and conservatives like to complain.
Honestly, I don't mind a gender neutral bathroom. I doubt it gets used a lot and I prefer privacy even in public restrooms.
>>
>>70015328
i don't get it either 2bh. the bathroom is a utility room, it's not a social club. you walk in, poo in loo (unless you're indian) and then you leave.
>>
>>70015328
It's just that they're spending money in attempt to appeal to people with mental illness, and the people who champion mental illness as something to be celebrated.
>>
>>70015328
You ever seen a women's bathroom?

I don't want to share with those savages.
>>
>>70015328
Because instead of saying "hey guys, were redoing the bathrooms" they pandered to this sjw gender-neutral poly-bi non-binary bullshit that literally only confused faggots on YouTube are worrying about
>>
>>70015026
Hur hur git er dun
>>
>>70015467
Unless you're a woman, then yes, it's a social club. Most female bathrooms even have couches.
>>
>>70015328
I don't want my daughter filmed by horny niggers while she shits to later be defended by a jewish lawyer
>>
>>70015509
>I don't want to share with those savages.

I used to work in a nightclub. The women's bathroom was a nightmare for us. Not only did they just piss and shit all over the floor because of drunk hovering, they also never washed their damn hands. 3 years I worked there, we only had to refill the soap dispenser once.
>>
>>70015635
They are single stall rooms. Like most bathrooms at home, with a locked door.
>>
File: 1462075340184.jpg (206 KB, 1220x918) Image search: [Google]
1462075340184.jpg
206 KB, 1220x918
>>70013914

Tim League should concern himself with making the food better than changing the bathrooms for a bunch of mentally ill people who think they are the opposite sex than what they really are.
>>
>>70015328
>What's the big fucking deal? It's unisex bathrooms.
Where pedos can get kids, rapist can get women, voyeurist, etc.... Feminist and trannies are the lesser of the problems, you moron.
>>
>>70015555
But they're still adding a new bathroom. They aren't replacing an existing one. I don't care for their reason, it could be the coloreds bathroom for all I care, as long as there is a new one. It's a business, they want to appeal to college kids in Austin.
>>
>>70015601
>Most female bathrooms even have couches.
How would you know this?

You've been sneaking into the ladies' restroom, haven't you?
>>
>>70013914
As long as they aren't replacing existing ones it's fine by me.
>>
>>70015684
That makes no fucking sense. Nobody is sharing the room. If anything there is MORE security because youre not sharing the locked room with anybody. Your argument is such a knee jerk fear mongering bullshit scenario
>>
You can't do this shit in areas where they serve alcohol. This will backfire horribly and very quickly. A few drunk guys will kill this idea the first week it happens.
>>
>>70015773
>You can't do this shit in areas where they serve alcohol
The fucking beer bottles can cut through throats and you're worried about the bathroom?
>>
>>70015831
Not him but think about it:
At the moment, when a creepy guy won't leave a girl alone, she either retreats to her friends or the bathroom
Now said creepy guy can follow her to the toilets
This isn't good
>>
>>70015773
This just imagine Chad and Thad drunk trying to watch grills pee
>>
>>70013914
>AUSTIN
there's your problem
>>
File: 1441806295137.gif (58 KB, 132x140) Image search: [Google]
1441806295137.gif
58 KB, 132x140
>>70013914
>>
How is a gender neutral bathroom suppose to work?

If you put in a urinal, will you offend someone? Are they going the chink styled bathroom and make them squat?
>>
>>70015297

Is that not normal in America? Here in the Netherlands I can booze in every single cinema there is.
>>
>>70014134
>liburals actually think this way
>>
Oh, so I have another option for where I can take a huge shit? What's more American than that? Why does anyone give a fuck?
>>
So they're building a family bathroom and riding off the coattails of the recent controversy for free publicity?
>>
>>70015278

I remember reading somewhere that trans people don't want the three bathroom option because it makes them easier targets to get assaulted (i.e. someone catches you coming out of a gender neutral bathroom). However, wouldn't some non passable folk face the same issue even without a 3rd bathroom option?
>>
>>70017501
No it's not normal, but the way the Drafthouse is set up is different then your theater I think. Don't you guys have to go to the lobby to get a beer/concessions? The Drafthouse is set up with rows of seats removed and either a small table or a long bar where servers drop off your food/drink. You flag them down by placing an order card on the edge of the table.
>>
>>70017501

The fuck? No it's not normal, there's no way I want some guy coming in with his falcon and getting drunk, the two do not mix.
>>
Are they tearing down the showers for the new addition?
>>
>>70017768
They had to hire more bird wranglers at my theater because some idiot kept giving beer to his falcon.

Have you ever seen a drunk bird of prey? Not a pretty sight
>>
>Austin
Makes sense.
>>
>>70013914
Didn't "gender-neutral" bathrooms used to be called "unisex" and didn't we already have them fucking everywhere?
>>
>>70017756

I see, yeah you have to buy it in the lobby here.
So it's like a cafe with a big screen?
>>
File: ow 2.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ow 2.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
This stupid shit will never fly, I live there. Everyone will be drunk and ruin it for the faggots that asked for it. I couldn't care less, this LGBT shit is just a god damn fad.
>>
>>70013914
>tfw live in Dallas and go to the local Alamo Drafthouse for all the latest kino
>this bathroom shit
>>
>>70017909
Shhh shhhhhhhh

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>70015899
Why would a girl retreat to the gender neutral bathroom? Especially if she's with friends?
This seems more like a problem for bars and shit. The Alamo Drafthouse is a stickler for security since they'll kick your ass out for using a phone during the movie. You aren't going to get drunk enough to chase a girl to the bathroom without getting thrown out first.
>>
>>70017869
I saw this once. Some fucking kids thought it would be hilarious to shove a straw down a falcon's throat and mainline Captain Morgan into it. It started shrieking and flailing about. It couldn't even circle properly, it kept just doing barrel rolls in the shape of a triforce.

Luckily I was on shooter duty.
>>
File: ritz-interior2.jpg (2 MB, 5223x3000) Image search: [Google]
ritz-interior2.jpg
2 MB, 5223x3000
>>70017966
pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>70017966
>>70018391
And just to brag about how cool a theater they are they do a lot of special events. For premiers sometimes they have the cast come by to talk about the film and do a Q&A session with the crowd. They do quote-a-longs for old movies everyone loves, often times will have a menu inspired by what they're showing, like italian food for goodfellas, or middle earth themed food for lord of the rings. They have something like Mystery Science Theater 3000 but with the guys there live in the theater with you. They find old rare horror movies or exploitation movies that they show for discounted prices, the people who host those give an intro about the history of the film before the showing begins. They do a lot of really fun stuff like that.
>>
>>70013914
>drink people
>completely enclosed restrooms

Can't wait for the semen splattered, feces smeared walls.
>>
>>70013914
Just make every bathroom a one-seater
>more privacy (bathrooms arent a social thing. women can just text)
>easy to find the person who shit on the seat and didnt clean it
>trannies cant complain
>moms can change babies in privacy
>>
>>70014154

Because it triggers /pol/fags even though it literally doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>70019464
>triggers /pol/fags
>>>/r/politics
>>
File: CNY8zg6WoAAFFEy.jpg large.jpg (112 KB, 826x1024) Image search: [Google]
CNY8zg6WoAAFFEy.jpg large.jpg
112 KB, 826x1024
>>70013914
Women are disgusting. My sister leaves her disgusting brown and bloody tampon in the trash in full view for everyone to see
>>
>>70018391
>no roll of paper towels
DROPPED
>>
>Austin

I'm not surprised, thank god I live in Houston.
>>
>>70015635
Why would your imaginary daughter be using a gender neutral restroom
>>
>>70013914
>the company has been working with an architect to create a design that meets city codes, is comfortable for all genders and gets the job done.

Do you really need an architect and checking with city codes to build two or three single bathrooms with a locking door? It's not a pub, you're not going to have a line out the street with people needing a piss, so just throw out the stupid giant-room-with-shitty-open-stalls idea.
>>
File: basic-portable-toilet.jpg (8 KB, 214x344) Image search: [Google]
basic-portable-toilet.jpg
8 KB, 214x344
Just put one of pic related outside, problem solved, no need to spend thousands of dollars to accommodate .001% of the population.

Austin Porta Potty Rentals
2 reviews · Portable Toilet Supplier
8127 Mesa Dr #206
(512) 501-2697
Open until 8:00 PM
>>
>>70019464

SJW's are the ones gettitng triggered over the fact that they weren't already there.

Keep crying, trannies.
>>
>>70015026

Fucking kek
>>
>>70015328

>What's the big fucking deal?

Pandering to mental illness and celebrating it.
>>
>>70017909
I remember Ally McBeal having one and it being talked about as this great thing and I couldn't understand it at all. Not because of the unisex bit, but because it had stalls.

Just build regular split bathrooms with solid walls, man. They work everywhere except nightclubs, and there exists no bathroom configuration that DOES work properly in a nightclub.
>>
>>70016018

This. But Liberal media-outlets will sweep it under the rug.
>>
>>70013914
Alright whatever
Toilets are for shit anyway
>>
>>70017909

YEAH, BUT MUH PROGRESS
>>
>>70014134
please, have sex, I'm begging you
>>
File: My Sides Fallout Macro.jpg (9 KB, 189x292) Image search: [Google]
My Sides Fallout Macro.jpg
9 KB, 189x292
>There are people that LEGITIMATELY believe that men only being allowed to use the Men's Restroom and women only being allowed to use the Women's Restroom is "discrimination" on par with Jim Crow laws
>These people are allowed to vote
>These people are allowed to breed
>>
>>70015747
>If anything there is MORE security
Fucking lol
>>
>>70017869
This is why I bring my anvil, to scare the falcons away.
>>
>>70013914
if you want people to use whatever bathroom they want just say "hey anyone can use either bathroom nobody is special"
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.