[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm basically copy paste'd my ded thread on /v/, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160525_193028.jpg (992 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160525_193028.jpg
992 KB, 3264x2448
I'm basically copy paste'd my ded thread on /v/, but eh, why not.

Ask a guy who has watched the movie anything.

Before that though, I'll level with you that I know next to nothing about WoW; I only played the first trilogy (Frozen Throne included), and even that was eons ago.

And that the movie was okay. Like, BvS okay, but still enjoyable. The CG is genuinely great, but doesn't really mesh well when real actors/sets is also on the same scene. The plot and characterization are kinda eh, but nothing's that hard to understand long as you want to follow Movies Logicâ„¢ (i.e. some things are precisely there because plot demands it). There are lots of both cringey and winkwinkdoyougetit moments -- I spotted Orc's barrack and town hall and that orc from WoD's cover is also there as a cameo. Could be wrong though. Also a shoot where the camera's basically mimicking RTS's eagle view is kinda cool, but maybe lost to some people because it's essentially an establishing shot.

Also it maybe just me, but the attempt to met the diversity quota is so obvious it's amusing. I see a black and asian footman (or captain?), and another is a woman. And also asian elf, but I guess you already know that, but they neither add or alleviate anything from the movie, so it's fine. Amusing, still.
>>
bumpity
>>
>>70013001
on a scale of 1-10? how was it?
>>
>>70013727
5.5 to 6.

I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can, because personally I enjoyed it.
>>
Worst thing about it for you?
Garona's cheap Halloween costume bothers me, a shit tonne.

Best thing about it for you?
>>
>>70013001
How much screen time did Ner'Zhul(Orc with skull mask) get?
>>
>>70013773
>the dawn of vidykino they said.....
>i like it
>i give it a 6/10
So..it's a piece of shit ?
>>
I have no idea what warcraft is. How do you convince me to watch this flick?
>>
>>70013891
This orc isn't Ner'zhul and gets about 2 seconds of screentime, he just gets killed in the first 2 seconds you see him.
>>
>>70013907
Golden turd. It's fun, but it's still shitty. I haven't read all the critic's reviews, but some of them are on point.

>>70013884
>Worst
Callan's death scene. Cringey as fuck, Lothar's sadness didn't really conveyed.

>Best
Final fight scene. Imagine right-clicking a whole army to the center of enemy's base.

>>70013891
I don't even know he has name. But yeah, he's only got several seconds. >>70014032 But killed? I forgot, what scene is this?
>>
>>70013001

>Ask a guy who has watched the movie anything

Why do you post on /v/?

Aren't you ashamed?
>>
>>70014073
Hows the actual acting?
Most of the casting seems off to me, in a lot of ways.

Is there set-up for WC2? or 3/TFT for that matter? I want a Arthas movie god damnit.
>>
>>70014073
Agreed, Callan's scene should have been better, Lothar shows too much restraint and it seems weird regarding what Blackhand did.

>But killed? I forgot, what scene is this?
Right before this scene, actually.
>>
>>70014169
Warcraft's a game first, so.

>>70014192
>Acting
HAHAHA. It's fine, but not really memorable. Llane's line pretty much on the spot for a good, just king, but I always see him as Howard Stark it kinda ruins it. Personal opinion.

>Sequel setup
There's one really obvious where Durotan's son was found by someone in the royalty, probably referencing the cancelled Warcraft adventure game. The not so obvious ones are that because this movie is an origin movie for basically all the key characters, the plot can go anywhere.

>>>70014211
I swear I remember seeing him behind Durotan before his final duel. Well.
>>
>>70014336
Last question from me;
Any cameos?
>>
>>70014336
I agree on the acting, Llane is really a miscast, but Khadgar and Garona were surprisingly convincing.

>I swear I remember seeing him behind Durotan before his final duel. Well.
The Laughing skull clan is explicitly mentioned as part of the horde in the movie, so I guess they're the ones with skull masks and there are plenty of them.
>>
>>70014444
That guy from from WoD's cover, like I said in OP. Hellscream, if I remember correctly? He's almost in every orc scene after the half of the movie, doing orc things, but never actually speaks.
>>
>>70014560
Hellscream isn't any more of a cameo than any of the other named orcs. All of the clan leaders of the old horde were present in the original games.
>>
>>70014511
I really split on Khadgar, really. He really looks like he's too young to be in the war, he's still confused, doesn't know anything but basic magics. Basically, a noob, but he IS a noob, and every other characters acknowledge it, he himself included, what with self-deprecating words in the bonfire scene. So, he's actually a spot on :(?

>>70014594
Well, fuck me then. Will building count as cameo? Because I swear I spot an orc barrack and some farms and a town hall.
>>
>>70014810
Well, Khadgar is supposed to be an immature but intelligent nerd, and the actor does a wonderful job at that, at least that's what I thought. He's cringy at times, but it's part of the script, not caused by the actor (as opposed to Llane, who is cringy and un-charismatic because of the actor).
>>
>>70013001
How's the 3D?
>>
>>70014897
Yea, I can see your point, part of the script included. Maybe his lines are not too convincing because I feel like he's only as stupid or as smart as the plot needs him to be. I don't even think he gets a character development, either. A power up, sure, but not a development. Maybe because there are too many main characters, I'm not sure.

>>70014952
I didn't watch it in 3D. If you're talking about CG, see OP. It's amazing when there are no real set or actors.
>>
Is there nudity?
>>
>>70015077
Nah. There's fanservice in Garona. but it's pretty tame when it's not gory.
>>
File: garona_wc1manual_zps87131ad9.png (30 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
garona_wc1manual_zps87131ad9.png
30 KB, 454x340
>>70015107
She showing some fine half-orc thunder thighs?
>>
>>70013001
Better or worse than Force Awakens?
>>
>>70015750
Fuck yes.

I also have this weird boner for her upward teeth/tusk. Considering the humans are called little-teeth by the orcs, maybe it's the sub in me. Damn.
>>
>>70015825
Apple and oranges. But I liked Warcraft's CG more. Thinly veiled compliment for TFA's practical effect.
>>
The movie is horrible. Nothing for fantasy fans, its about killing Medivh.. as he hosts sargeras. Its just interesting for WoW fans, but not well done.
>>
>>70015921
>sargeras
So that's why I thought I've seen it before.
>>
Does the movie actually summarize WC1 accurately though? Are there any water elementals and shit, or did they waste all their CGI budget on griffons?
>>
>>70013001
Torrent when?
>>
>>70014073
This. The movie is not as bad as some critics say but it's not good either. Lot of cringy moments and some really bad acting. Some good moments though plus it's Warcraft. It was a 5 for me.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.