[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching pic related >its actually not bad >pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: 556204bed4034.jpg (202 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
556204bed4034.jpg
202 KB, 640x480
>watching pic related
>its actually not bad
>pretty funny and well written
>good characters

I'm not sure how I should feel.
>>
You didn't know Golden Girls is good?
>>
Betty White is G.O.A.T.
>>
thank you for being a friend
>>
>>69995924

Shockingly enough, there are a few shows aimed at women that are actually somewhat decent.
>>
>>69996097
The original Powerpuff Girls seemed like it was aimed at little girls but I loved it. MLP however...
>>
>>69996042
>Betty white will be alive to see the last star in the universe die

she is indestructible
>>
>>69996313
>tfw you will never live to see Betty White and Stan Lee fight for the chance to go toe-to-toe with death himself
>>
>>69995924
I seriously thought everyone loves Golden Girls
>>
>>69995924
all men secretly love golden girls. Honestly old women in general are pretty great. They know how shit is. It's young women that can be fucking stupid
>>
I watched through this series last year and it does get pretty emotional at times. It's also great watching these old broads hop on dick like there's no tomorrow
>>
>>69995924
It has four great comedic actresses and a great production team. What's not to love?
>>
>>69995988

I'd never really watched multiple episodes back-to-back. Most of what I'd seen of it was when I was in middle/high school when my mom would watch reruns. I never really paid enough attention to it to actually appreciate it. I'd always known what the basic personalities of the four women were, but it wasn't until recently that I started to appreciate them and the show's writing.

It's a very good sitcom
>>
Oh and I think Dorothy is my favorite of the four. I enjoy her sarcasm and how genuine and stronk of a character she is.
>>
Just found out that Betty White is the only living Golden Girl left and that just ruined my night.
>>
I watch the Golden Girls every night and have for probably the last 10 years of my life. I laugh at the jokes every episode still! I just want in my lifetime to create comedy content that is timeless.
>>
Arrested Development exists because of The Golden Girls.
>>
Have you heard about the "lost" Golden Girls episode? It was called "Dead Rose" and was going to be aired in the 3rd series but was dropped and replaced with "The Housekeeper". According to the rumours, Dorothy comes home with a bag and Sophia asks "What's in the bag?" to which she replies "You're an old bag" and the audience laughs. Every time Rose appears in the episode the back lighting becomes dimmer and dimmer and Rose begins to speak slower and slower, her facial features melting and twisting in the darkness. Eventually, the scene switches to the 3 Golden Girls standing around Rose's grave in the graveyard, mourning. Apparently Blanche tells a joke at this part but it's too quiet to hear and you can't read her lips. Later, they're sitting at the table eating a cheesecake and they begin crying and screaming about Rose being dead. Their crying turns into horrible wailing and eventually a bloodcurdling scream as the background colours begin to warp and change until everything is red and the audience laughter gets louder and louder until it is like rushing through a tunnel at high speed. The episode ends here with static playing for the last 5 minutes. The original was destroyed but a copy was made before its destruction, but no-one knows who has it.
>>
>>69996839
and she's the oldest. Sophia was second youngest
>>
Golden girls and Frasier were top tier comfy "watching tv with mom and grandma" shows.
>>
Golden Girls is one of the few sitcoms that actually stayed funny over time.
Top notch writing compared to shit like Cheers
>>
File: Uh Ohh.png (103 KB, 244x356) Image search: [Google]
Uh Ohh.png
103 KB, 244x356
>mfw Maude posting never took off
>>
Bea Arthur > Betty White > Rue McClanahan
>>
File: will smith1.jpg (57 KB, 632x560) Image search: [Google]
will smith1.jpg
57 KB, 632x560
>>69997019

>mfw I found out that Bea Arthur was a year older than Estelle Getty irl
>>
File: 514654654.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
514654654.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>69997252
not too late
>>
>>69996313
>she is indestructible
Betty White and Stan Lee are wagering their souls against one another

There can only be one
>>
>>69997403
Isn't that the same actress from the show that Good Times spun off from?
>>
File: Hot Mama.png (144 KB, 308x446) Image search: [Google]
Hot Mama.png
144 KB, 308x446
>>69997403
>>
File: CLA_Hallmark_640x455.gif (16 KB, 640x455) Image search: [Google]
CLA_Hallmark_640x455.gif
16 KB, 640x455
who /hallmark/ here?

Golden girls, followed by Frasier, then Cheers almost every night. so damn comfy.
>>
File: 1383970197102.jpg (70 KB, 322x337) Image search: [Google]
1383970197102.jpg
70 KB, 322x337
>>69997572
Fuck yes, my nigga
>>
>>69997572
>you will never eat rita's ass
why live?
>>
File: 1396059455873.jpg (19 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1396059455873.jpg
19 KB, 259x194
>>69997572
>tfw no more back to back Golden Girls episodes on Lifetime at 6pm pacific time back in the early 2000's
>>
This was the only thing my grandma watched that I really fucking enjoyed. Dorothy is GOAT.
>>
>>69997572

And Fresh Prince would be on Nick at Nite. I'd switch between them during commercials.
>>
>>69997714
Nick at Nite has started playing Fresh Prince again, it's on right now actually on east coast
>>
>>69997714
>>69997756
frasiers on hallmark right now if anyone wants to watch it with me:

http://www.shadow-net.me/channels/Hallmark-Channel.html
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.