[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly, horribly, horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Logans-Run.jpg (70 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
Logans-Run.jpg
70 KB, 700x350
What went so horribly, horribly, horribly wrong?
>>
I like that movie
>>
>>69991220
that's a great movie, cretin
>>
>>69991220
fuck you I love that movie.
>>
>>69991229
>>69991263
>>69991302
I loved it too when I first saw it. Just watched it again and it literally shit. All the acting is sub TV level, the dialog is atrocious, the pacing and direction is bad, everything about it is awful except the premise is cool.

If you haven't watched it in years and love it, don't ever watch it again or you will regret it.
>>
File: u4fvl2ypacrpykw4bzqt.jpg (514 KB, 2835x1399) Image search: [Google]
u4fvl2ypacrpykw4bzqt.jpg
514 KB, 2835x1399
>>69991478
The concept sketches and production design were pretty good, the poster is the best thing about the whole movie.
>>
>>69991220
society. and that kid who drowned in that fountain they filmed that scene in. RIP.

Ahh.. the Ice Cave scene. Boobs! A big deal for us wee lads back then.

Great film.
>>
>>69991220
Nothing, you generation z fucking shits.
>>
>>69991478
I have it on blu-ray and watch it at least once a year, have never regretted it once. It's a fun, interesting and pulpy adventure and I eat that shit up. Yes it's cheesy but that's part of the appeal for me
>>
>>69991220

The worst thing about it is that the girl had cottage cheese thighs. I couldn't jerk off to that and it was very upsetting.
>>
>>69991804
I'm not generation Z laddy. I saw it in the theater when it was released. Loved it as a kid, not only due to the nudity.

But upon rewatching it on bluray last weekend, discovered it's really a shit movie, Michael York acts like a huge sissy fag, and almost everything about the movie is mediocre. Bad camerawork, editing, direction, acting, sound effects.

In good hands, it could be a great sci fi tale.
>>
>>69991220
It's extremely cheesy and a ton of the effects have aged horribly but I enjoy it. I'm a sucker for 70s-80s sci-fi. Anyway, I feel like this is one of the few old movies that could benefit from a remake. Nicolas Winding Refn was going to do one with Ryan Gosling as the star but sadly it fell through.
>>
>>69992069
Then don't pretend like you don't understand camp, asshole.
>>
>>69992069
The camerawork was fine.
>>
>>69992069

Really? Same age as you, I think. Sure production values weren't what they are today, but I think it holds up pretty well. I agree about much of the acting being so-so though.

Perhaps it's just nostalgia for me? I felt the same way re-watching Westworld, which I also loved as a kid.
>>
>>69992378
Westworld held up much better I think. Perhaps because the story and the characters are more interesting.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.