[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the lack of female characters and romance subplots improve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: movie_poster.jpg (370 KB, 1325x2000) Image search: [Google]
movie_poster.jpg
370 KB, 1325x2000
Does the lack of female characters and romance subplots improve the quality of a film?
Could movies with little to no women still be made nowadays?
>>
The Revenant had no Women I can remember.
>>
>>69986837
12 Angry Men has no women.
>>
>>69986837
It's not about the lack of female characters. It's their relevance to the plot.
>>
>>69986837
Apocalypse Redux has that long restored section with the French plantation and the woman smoking opium. Pretty hot scene, desu.
>>
I'm fine with a romantic subplot if it's well executed and the character does more than be introduced, be near the hero in a few scenes, and then kiss him at the end after they've won.

The vast majority of action movies and comedies would be improved without their ham-fisted romantic subplots.
>>
A love story doesn't belong in most movies. I always hated putting on a movie and trying to guess which B-actress would be the movie's boring love interest sub-plot.
>>
Glengarry Glen Ross has no bitches and it's great.
>>
I'll have to dig it up, but, I remember some female critic ripping TWBB because of the lack of women in the film.
>>
>>69986837
Ironically, the best versions of this film were Private's Apocalypse X, and Cannibal Women in the Avacado Jungle of Death.
>>
>>69987366
The only scene with a female character and it's considered the worst part of the Redux version.
Also, checked
>>
>>69986837
No. It means they managed to convince the studio executives to let them make the movie they want without interference. Movies aren't better because they don't have love stories, they're better because the studios didn't shoehorn things in for mass appeal.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.