[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now I understand why people don't get the time travel in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: rusty.jpg (28 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rusty.jpg
28 KB, 640x360
Now I understand why people don't get the time travel in Game of Thrones. It's because they're laboring under the delusion that choice exists and that anything we do can really affect the future anyways. Consciousness and free will are biological constructs, they're what happen when a mechanism becomes advanced enough to process huge quantities of information but loses the ability to understand its own choices. A more advanced being that could analyze every bit of our brain and how it would react to stimuli would know what we are going to do, and if they told us that they knew what we would do, they would be able to predict how we would react.

So when you complain that Bran could go back and change something, that implies that you falsely believe that humans can change anything. Time travel like what Bran is doing is the exact same paradox we are all in: every time we try to be unpredictable and change something, we are still being perfectly predictable and end up changing nothing. You think that if you flip a coin it could come up heads or tails when that result was determined billions of years ago. You think that if you take a coin you have a choice to place it heads or tails up, but even that was determined billions of years ago. My entire post was determined billions of years ago, and so was your inability to understand time travel.

Time is a flat circle, and everything you've ever done or will do is set in stone. You are only a machine that has grown too complex for its own comprehension but is still equally mechanical in function.
>>
File: heavy shit.webm (864 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
heavy shit.webm
864 KB, 1280x720
SHIEET
>>
>>69976676
Was he shooting at God?
>>
>huge intellect
>drinks american piss

he aint so smart
>>
>>69976557
Oh we get the time travel, we just think time travel is a fucking lame excuse to do anything in a fictional work not inherently about time traveling
>>
>>69977186
I'd like to believe that, but I've seen a surprising number of people arguing that it doesn't make any sense, or that it creates plot holes. If you want to argue that it's pointless and a shitty plot device, that I can get behind.
>>
Please read up on the double slit experiment or that meme-tier paradox of schrodingers cat before you run your mouth about predestination
>>
>>69977301
>thinks the intro examples to quantum mechanics are rebuttals to determination

Just stop.
>>
>>69977301
For one thing, the question of whether the apparently impossible to determine quantum states is still up for debate over whether it's caused by hidden variables or truly random. Even if it is truly random though, this at best proves existence is semi-random on a quantum scale and likely to be essentially entirely predictable on the scale of every day events and we still have no choice in the matter. Either way you have no ability to consciously change anything.
>>
You sound panicked
>>
>>69977068
He's obviously trying to kill himself
>>
>>69977301
Link anon ?
>>
>>69976557
Congratulations, you just did a huge text that can be filled in a word.

Destiny.
>>
>>69976557
Quit worrying about dumb people that don't get dumb shows and live your dumb fucking life.
>>
>Implying I won't break these cuffs
>>
>>69977301
Link to either?
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 315x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 315x348
>>69976557
Shitposting is a flat circle. If you have been here long enough you have seen it all.

But this shitpost... This shitpost is special. Look at how he researched the themes. Look at how he tied the series togther.

This shitposter has shitposted before. And he will shitpost again.
>>
>>69977068
>huge intellect
>caring about the taste of cheap gnat's piss
>>
>>69977301
The existence of parallel universes doesn't mean a universe isn't deterministic.
>>
File: true agent.png (419 KB, 837x387) Image search: [Google]
true agent.png
419 KB, 837x387
>>69979916
Everything we’ve ever done or will do we’re gonna do over and over again. And that little guy is gonna be in that plane again...and again...and again...forever.
>>
>>69980138
Actually the belief in parallel universes forces the idea of determinism.

Calvin was wrong. And the pop media science rags are wrong. We can obviously make up our own minds about things. people just want to be assured that they are failures because it was already chosen but there is no god.

If you truly believe thee is no free will then how can you deny a diety?

Those who deny free will are as vad as the calvinists while at the same time being as vad as athiests.
>>
>>69980405
>We can obviously make up our own minds about things.
Yeah, Neo thought he was living an actual life when it was all just a dream. You can't prove that.
>>
>>69980405
Giving up on the illusion of free will is a bit drastic. It doesn't matter in real life because we can't grasp the implications of a deterministic world, because we're not omniscient.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.