[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No seriously lets discuss how stupid this is. In a genre defying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: FIREFLAMEKUSHMEME.jpg (62 KB, 658x485) Image search: [Google]
FIREFLAMEKUSHMEME.jpg
62 KB, 658x485
No seriously lets discuss how stupid this is.

In a genre defying story, the cryptic antagonists that mutilate bodies and put arrange their body parts in occult symbols, turn out to just be fucking ring wraiths, minus the sentience.
White Walkers are not intimidating knowing they are mindless fucking pawns that don't even want to be white walkers. Holy shit it's boring.

Also it's literally Lex Luthor tier motivations from Batman vs Superman.

>Lex Luthor
>afraid of strong threatening force, so creates bigger threatening force with no way of controlling it

>children of the forest
>afraid of strong threatening force, so creates bigger threatening force with no way of controlling it
>>
Is this meme legit senpai?
>>
That whole ep was pretty fucking piss poor. That part and the Hodor origin was like some tumblr fanfic.
>>
>>69959096
I'm MUCH less offended by the concept of the Hodor origin, I think the execution of it in the show though was embarassing for sure.
>>
It was meh but it was rushed as fuck. We've had 3 episodes with Blood raven and Leaf but no lead-up at all in conversation or in all those visions.
I also feel like it would be better if I hadn't heard it a million times before. Couldn't stop thinking about Mass Effect during it.
>>
>>69959048

>ring wraiths

Really, you saying GRRM robbed all his tropes from Tolkien? Well well.
>>
>>69959241
What tropes? The majority of the story didn't have tolkein type fantasy tropes, that's exactly what set it apart. Can you please name some tolkein esque tropes that were present before this?
>>
>>69959316

>References to the "First Men" in an apocalypic struggle with evil
>Artifacts of power made by a lost civilization

Two I can readily think of just now
>>
>>69959802
The First Men are just the neolithic originals to the Andals indo-europeans
>>
File: 1259824831015.jpg (13 KB, 225x251) Image search: [Google]
1259824831015.jpg
13 KB, 225x251
>>69959917

My apologies, references to the First Men is not a JRR trope.

Oh wait.
>>
>>69959972
Im confused as to what in tolkien you think the first men are equivalent to?
>>
>>69959048
White Walkers are supposed to be the atomic bomb. How is that stupid or boring? We still don't know their motivations or goals.
>>
>>69959048
It's Mass Effect 3 all over again, but only worse because this shit is spilled somehow even earlier and even more casually
>>
>>69959048
dat guy is probably the best actor of the show.
>>
>>69959048
Yeah but they had to blame evil white male colonialists somehow
>>
File: 1463535347513.jpg (397 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
1463535347513.jpg
397 KB, 650x823
>>69959048
>Watching the show after it went off book

Senpai you should know better
>>
>>69959048
We still know fuck all about them anon just know they were made by cotf, please control your autism.
>>
>>69959048

>No seriously lets discuss how stupid this is

Its not. Its the same theme that has been consistently displayed throughout the series. Violence begets violence. Humans invaded and these forest people created a weapon to stop them. The weapon backfired causing even more shit.

All these people are causing their own problems through their actions. Apparently its not a trait unique to humans.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.