[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does he wear the mask ? no seriously I don't know why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
Why does he wear the mask ? no seriously I don't know why
>>
Because he is a big guy.

For Reddit
>>
File: 16385_2_1.jpg (914 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
16385_2_1.jpg
914 KB, 1920x1200
>>69919862
to remind us all of Obsidians flawed masterpiece Fallout: New Vegas
>>
>>69919862
It has an air system in it and protects him and shit.

When he and that alien chick are in space he puts it on her to prevent her from dying in the vacuum, and he starts dying in the vacuum without it.
>>
>>69920005
>flawed
>>
>>69919862
it allows him to breathe in space

also it looks rad
>>
>>69920029
bugs, cut content
>>
>>69920029
dude they had a shoestring budget and a minuscule time frame with regard to the amount of content they produced of course it was flawed
if anything it's a testament to their ability that it turned out so well
>>
>>69919862
Can't breathe in outer space, because there is no oxygen you dumb ass.

kys fat virgin retard
>>
How the fuck does a mask help him stay alive in space when he's not even wearing a spacesuit/gloves/etc.?

If it's because he's half=alien, how come he does that shit BEFORE he's aware he's not fully human?
>>
>>69920456
Because it's a combination of alien technology and comic book science.
That's the same as asking how Pym Particles or the Speed Force works, they just do.
>>
>>69920547
Yeah, but it's never mentione din the movie. I've never read any Starlord so I was really taken aback when he did that shit without any explanation.
>>
File: Review_HanSoloMynockHunt_still.jpg (22 KB, 450x326) Image search: [Google]
Review_HanSoloMynockHunt_still.jpg
22 KB, 450x326
>>69920390
Because it's science fiction fantasy, not science fact.

Han Solo walked around in the vacuum of space wearing pic related in Empire. So what?
>>
He wants to be a cool guy, he calls himself starlord and fancies himself as some suave cool merc but he's a bumbling manchild
>>
>>69920583
It wasn't the vacuum of space. Pay attention when you watch movies ffs.
>>
>>69919862
Because it would be extremely painful to take off
>>
>>69920547
But both the Speed Force and Pym Particles are mentioned and explained within the movies/tv series they are a part of.

Try again.
>>
>>69920583
you must be retarded

like there is no other explanation.
>>
>>69920706
>But both the Speed Force and Pym Particles are mentioned and explained
No they're not. Not really.
>>
>>69920000
>>
>>69920651
It is the vacuum of space because it was in an asteroid field where there would be no atmosphere.
>>
>>69920832
Yes. They are.
>>
>>69920903
You are an idiot.
>>
>>69920998
Can you explain in real science how Pym Particles work according to the movie? Not that Anon but really curious to know.
>>
>>69920029
Very flawed thanks to meddling from top Jews demanding it be released "on time and budget" causing content to be cut out.

Absolute madmen at Obsidian pulled 90% of it off too!
>>
>>69920048
It also magicallly keeps him from instantly freezing to death in the cold of space
>>
>>69920998
>>69921057
Hyped for scientific breakthru
>>
>>69921057
>Can you explain in real science how Pym Particles work according to the movie?

Obviously not. The concept isn't compatible with actual physics.
>>
File: 31_4.jpg (126 KB, 820x818) Image search: [Google]
31_4.jpg
126 KB, 820x818
>>69920903
>>
>>69921074
You baiting bruh?
>>
why do you people really care about this shit! He wants to look like a bad ass bro's!
>>
>>69921057
It's Marvel. They literally do expect you to turn your brain off.
>>
>>69921057
You're just moving the goalpost. I'm not biting.
>>
>>69920251
>if anything it's a testament to their ability
Obsidian makes nothing but trash. South Park and Alpha Protocol are both awful games.
>>
>>69921057
>Can you explain in real science how Pym Particles work according to the movie?

No because the entire concept relies on adding or subtracting mass by taking/storing it to/from a subspace. Pym Particles allow this transfer to happen and make the "normal" molecules amenable to it (i.e. they maintain cohesion).

It's effectively the same thing as Star Trek TNG just saying that transporters work because they have "Heisenberg Compensators" to solve the Uncertainty question.
>>
File: star_lord.jpg (137 KB, 994x804) Image search: [Google]
star_lord.jpg
137 KB, 994x804
Come on who wants to see that face under there
>>
>>69921124
Well, I think that's the thing: you can't be too worried about his mask being not 100% scientifically accurate when these movies aren't trying to be scientifically accurate and they're just science fantasy films.
>>
>>69921183
As far as I could ever tell Pimms Popsicles and Sperdo Fürz are the explanation rather than further explained themselves. At least to account for how they work.
>>
>>69921057
They are explained within the movies/series, just like I said. It's science-FICTION my autisitc friendo. It doesn't have to be a realistic explanation to be an adeuate explanation. It just has to EXPLAIN some of the fictional rules of that universe version of science.
>>
he should wear a helmet
>>
>>69921292
Exactly: it's science fiction, so worrying that it wouldn't work exactly like that scientifically is a silly thing to do.
>>
>>69921276
But his mask isn't expalined at all, and they even don't mention what it can or can,t do. they just show him in space without a space suit with his mask on.

Personally, I figured that it probably was some forcefield like the belts in the ST cartoon around his body that protected him, or something.
>>
>>69921400
That's not the point. The point is that, in GotG, they don't even try to explain anything, they don't even mention the events. Starlord just took a walk in space without a suit on, no prob. Let's go to the next quip/action scene!
>>
>>69921401
Do they have to explain how everything works in a movie, especially when the explanation they give will be bullshit (like "it reverse the polarity of the neutron flow")? I don't think so.

Movie tells you enough about the mask and what it does. That's all you really need.
>>
>>69921473
It doesn't tell ANYTHING about the mask, that's my point!
>>
>>69921153
if it happened in dc flicks you would be all over it so fuk off

>le turn ur brein off hehe
>>
>>69921533
Yeah, the movie tells you about the mask by showing you what it does.
>>
>>69919862
Fun fact, that mask would actually allow you to survive the vacuum of space for roughly 3 minutes before the blood in your veins boils because of the lack of pressure.
>>
>>69921633
No. We don't know if the mask is the reason he can go in space with his skin showing and he's fine.

In fact, it's implied that it's because he's half-alien.
>>
>>69921948
Nah. The damage that these 3 minutes would do would kill you anyway later on.
>>
He's Starlaw, man
Legendary outlock
>>
>>69921224
>I've never played KOTOR 2
>>
>>69922135
Well, you're supposed to get back to safety as soon as you can. But what's shown in GotG isn't too far fetched.
>>
>>69922237
It is far fetched, but very much in line with the science-fiction pulp feel of the movie.
>>
>>69922096
>No. We don't know if the mask is the reason he can go in space with his skin showing and he's fine.

Yes, we do, because when he takes it off in space, he nearly dies.
>>
I liked how in the line up scene it says he has a translator implanted into his neck.
>>
>>69921224
>Alpha Protocol
>bad
You are no son of mine
>>
>>69922369
I like how the movies that use a universal translator have the mouths synced up with the English dialogue
>>
>>69920019
did you know that if you jump out into the vacuum of space you pretty much instantly shit yourself?
>>
File: PymParticles.jpg (294 KB, 584x915) Image search: [Google]
PymParticles.jpg
294 KB, 584x915
>>69921057
In the movie, they makes thing stronger when they change size (both when growing and shrinking).

In the original Marvel Universe, they let you change size, mass, and strength independently of one another.
>>
>>69922685
>In the movie, they makes thing stronger when they change size (both when growing and shrinking).
But how? How does it accomplish that using real world science?
>>
>>69922651
Joke's on space, I'm already shitting myself.
>>
>>69922623
would be cool if you would hear all dialog with a computer-generated sterile voice with the original just audible in the background
>>
>>69921224

Please go back to /v/
>>
>>69922754
>But how? How does it accomplish that using real world science?
It doesn't. It accomplishes it using made up science.
>>
>>69921057
It's science dood, I ain't gotta explain shit.
Science doesn't need to be proven to be real.
>>
>>69923638
As does Starlord's mask, so what's the problem again?

>>69923976
Exactly.
>>
>>69921057
The explanation is that they somehow manage to break the Square-Cube Law.
>>
>>69920456
>the ending of the movie
>"your dad is a very powerful and ancient alien, thats probably why you survived in the vacumm of space for so long"
They say it in the fucking movie
>>
>>69924494
Uhm dude only bacterias and microorganisms survive the vacuum of space. Being ancient n shieeet doesn't mean anything to physics.
>>
You'd probably be fine (albiet stunned and have your eyes possibly ripped out of your head) if you made short unprotected jaunts through the vacuum of space. With some fancy sci-fi mask like that you'd probably just be uncomfortable. That and he probably thinks it looks badass.
>>
>>69925828
NASA already confirmed it, a person can survive less than a minute in space, naked. And no, your eyes won't pop out. They had a paper about it. Just google it. It was an interesting read.
>>
>>69919862
It allows him to masturbate in space.
>>
>>69919879
>Reddit
nah, that's a Tumblr tier flick
>>
>>69927072
>your eyes won't pop out
the pressure will definitely push them out of their sockets UNLESS you wear a mask
the thing is, the difference in pressure between our atmosphere and the vacuum of space isn't that much of a deal for our skin
>>
>>69927862
They tested it with glib facsimiles. It won't. The whole explosive decompression was pure supposition. You won't even shit yourself as some anon outside pointed out. The thing that will kill you is your lungs deflating if you didn't pinch your nose. That's all you have to do to survive less than a minute in space. Just cover your holes. Eyeballs are apparently airtight already.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.