[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lbg/ Letterboxd General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: 1463319516059.png (999 KB, 1114x773) Image search: [Google]
1463319516059.png
999 KB, 1114x773
Date. Discuss. Watch.
>>
File: just fuck my shit up.png (23 KB, 231x262) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up.png
23 KB, 231x262
What's the point of reviews and ratings?
>>
>>69911763
To scream at people
>>
>>69911763
>reviews
To blog about your life.
>ratings
Literally only autistic people rate because they're obsessed with numbers and lack emotional depth so feel the need to quanitfy everything.
>>
File: ayylmao.png (578 KB, 643x590) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
578 KB, 643x590
gotta watch Almost Famous for a movie club, do I go with regular cut or directors?
>>
File: patricians_choice.jpg (138 KB, 684x410) Image search: [Google]
patricians_choice.jpg
138 KB, 684x410
>>69911615
r8
>>
I fall asleep to AVGN vids
>>
File: cFJKKIb.jpg (118 KB, 687x720) Image search: [Google]
cFJKKIb.jpg
118 KB, 687x720
>>
File: 1434598702186.jpg (17 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1434598702186.jpg
17 KB, 400x387
>>69913748
do you just go around wrecking threads? Is that all you can do?

i know people like you; it's as if they are determined to undermine & undo the progress and happiness of any situation, group, business, or function that involves multiple people. You just take anything that's good and butt in & interject your inane, foolish, boring, repetitive, annoying drivel over and over and over and over until you have annoyed everyone and ruined the "flow" of good things and good feelings. You pride yourself on draggin others down to your level, and seem to feel no shame whatsoever. Worse than a troll, you can;t even come up with any original bait - you just spread stupid garbage around like a drunken garbage man, weaving in and out of traffic with your garbage truck open, dropping smelly trash in the street and causing accidents and generally turning any decent situation into a foul, frustrating mess. you should be ashamed of yourself - but you probably aren't; or, you have sunk so low in your life that you only feel good when you cause other people discomfort. Perhaps you need a friend who you can confide in, so they can punch your sorry ass right in the dick and tell you to stop being a complete and utter butt-clenching shithead
>>
>>69914013
nice copypasta faggot. a great way to derail the thread, you meme spouting frog posting loser. your pathetic. i know people like you. their autism prevents then from being able to comprehend a social situation enough to understand the flow of the conversation. let alone what it means to bump the thread with an image. an image that is guaranteed to garner many replies, thus further bump the thread in question. instead you attempt to draw in the (you)s on a childish anonymous forum. i'd honestly kill you where you stand if given half a chance this day. the day of reckoning is upon you but how will you decide where you stand? i fucking hate you (you) stupid lesbian put the fucking cat down you sad freak in your dressing gown.
>>
>>69914450
hah triggert
>>
I'm glad my good friend myrmician enjoyed Only Angels Have Wings so much.

Tonight I'm going to see Mirror in theaters, then I'm thinking about digging into Terence Davies' filmography a bit. What is the general consensus on Wild at Heart? A friend of mine is loaning me his copy of it today as well.
>>
>>69914566
ill pull the trigger to you skull.

and by trigger i mean my penis.

and by your skull i mean your throat

fucking queer
>>
>>69914841
I h8 queers
>>
File: cinematic_IQ.jpg (597 KB, 1860x1396) Image search: [Google]
cinematic_IQ.jpg
597 KB, 1860x1396
>>69914013
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and souless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest-common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conveiced product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangers for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.
>>
>>69913340
But After Earth was genuinely boring, and Matrix 3 just stopped caring about previously established stuff about their universe.
>>
>>69914826
You're allowed to like it if that's the answer you wanted.
>>
>>69915946
I haven't seen it yet but just wanted to gauge other people's opinions on it and perhaps instigate discussion about films
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.