[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished this series. Originally I had downloaded Seasons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: michael-c-hall-dexter-showtime.jpg (251 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
michael-c-hall-dexter-showtime.jpg
251 KB, 900x506
I just finished this series.

Originally I had downloaded Seasons 1-7 on DVD and just stopped at the last episode of Season 7.

I thought the ending was perfect.

But then my gf told me that there was one more season.

So I watched it.

Man, I've never been so depressed.

The fact that Deb dies and Dex goes off to live somewhere else to not even see his son, that's fucking sad.

I think about this every few hours. But the show was based on a kind of scientific reality. You CAN'T have a happy ending for Dexter. It's just not possible. He's a serial killer. Just like Deb said, bad shit will find him where ever he goes. Because he attracts it like a magnet.

What did you think of the end?
>>
I think they threw away the potential of 8 seasons of character development and it came out of fucking no where.

He had so many chances of 'redemption' and got taught so many lessons that could actually send him on a decent path, but no, time to sail into a hurricane.

Should have ended they way they planned originally, him being executed after getting exposed and caught.

The way they ended it will never not put a bad taste in my mouth.

Also they fucked up killing Doakes off so early, and Hannah coming back felt dumb as fuck.
>>
>>69850067
OP,read the novels,100x better than the series
>>
>>69850347
They're based on NOVELS?

Do they end the same way? With Deb dying?
>>
i was really annoyed that they dropped the incest angle as fast as they did. was the final arc that had potential and it didnt develop at all. fuck this sow past season 4
>>
>>69850384

It almost feels like the TV series never catches up with the novel at the end of season 1.
Just read part 1 of the novel,you'll see what I meant.

If you really want spoilers, read the title of the last novel,you'll figure out what happens.
>>
>>69850502
Oh yeah, I was going to mention that.

By the end of Season 7 I was so hoping that Dexter would end up with Debra.

The way her psychiatrist proposed it and the way Debra said she was in love with him.

And then she fucking killed LaGuerta for him. They totally should have ended up together.

Makes me sad that that didn't end up happening.
>>
>>69850384
Loosely based, after the first season.

The first season corresponds pretty well to the first book (aside from one major change that I won't spoil). After that, the show kind of goes off on its own direction

>>69850067
The ending sucked, for sure. Dexter suddenly deciding to abandon his son was completely out of character and threw away everything that had been building since Rita's death at the end of season 4.

They should have just let him move to Argentina and start over (maybe because the police were closing in on him). It wouldn't be a "happy ending" for him since he would have still lost Deb, and everything would be ruined for him back in Miami if the police were to finally suspect him of the murders. It just would have made sense for him to want to be with his son and the first woman who actually accepted him for who he is.
>>
>>69850709
>They should have just let him move to Argentina and start over.

Did you get anything from the fucking show after all those deaths?

Think about this.

>Harrison
Dead because of Dexter. Killed himself because he created a monster.

>Rita
Dead because of Dexter. Brought Trinity into his life.

>Evelyn (Dexter's psychiatrist / godmother)
Dead because of Dexter.

>Deborah
Dead because of Dexter. He didn't want to kill his last killer and gave him to Deb, and he killed her.

He even said at the end that he's too dangerous for his family. He needed to protect his son and Hannah from himself. That's why he decided to live somewhere on the west coast and be a lumberjack.
>>
>>69850823
Not to mention:

>Doakes
Dead because of Dexter.

>LaGuerta
Dead because of Dexter.
>>
>>69850067
The ending was awesome. When dex goes home after killing his most dangerous foes to find his wife murdered and his baby son in a...
What's this you say? Another season you say?
Let's have a...
Oh no...
Oohhh nooo...
OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
WHYY?!!!
WHYYYYYYYY??!!!!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.