[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Fight Club’ Author Chuck Palahniuk Seeks Crowdfunding for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
>“Fight Club” novelist Chuck Palahniuk has launched a Kickstarter campaign to make a low-budget movie based on his 2002 novel “Lullaby.”
>Palahniuk will co-write the screenplay with director Andy Mingo. Josh Leake is producing and Palahniuk will exec produce.
>The 30-day campaign to raise $250,000 to fund production launched Tuesday and had raised $31,483 from 390 backers as of 7 p.m. PDT.
>“Lullaby” centers on an aging reporter whose family mysteriously died years earlier. Palahniuk wrote the novel during the trial of a man who was convicted of murdering his father.
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/fight-club-chuck-palahniuk-crowdfunding-lullaby-movie-1201777445/

Are movies dead now that studios only want to adapt books for children like capeshit?
>>
>Movies have always been a profit-driven enterprise where studios make safe bets to get a good return on their investment.

It's taken you your entire life to realize this.
>>
>>69850062
>Are movies dead now
yes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1J65KHX8E
>>
Palahniuk is a hack and a joke in the literary world, it honestly would not be that much better than capeshit
>>
>>69850304
based uwe
>>
Fight club was only good because of Fincher
>>
>>69850454
Both the movie and the book came out at the right time, like American Psycho and American Beauty, it was a welcome disturbance in the 90's ennui and resonated with the crisis of masculinity and the corporate alienation of the average desk monkey. Fight Club is a good book because it aimed right thematically. A bunch of angry losers set out to destroy western civilization, uniting behind a mad prophet: then it was project mayhem now it's isis.
>>
>>69850062
>>69850062

Did he finally get AIDs from all that gay sex hes been having?
>>
>>69850304
Uwe is the man
>>
>>69850062
Nigga you can't fool me, that's guy from Vsauce.
>>
>>69850062
>Are movies dead now that studios only want to adapt books for children like capeshit?
Because adapting books for edgy teenagers is that much better?
>>
>>69850062
But nobody likes Lullaby...
>>
>>69850062

For a second I thought that was vsauce.
>>
>>69850454

choke was preddy gud.
>>
>>69850062
>‘Lullaby’ Movie

Why not "Survivor" ? Who cares about "Lullaby"...
>>
>there will never be a movie adaptation of Rant in your lifetime, or possibly ever
Why even live?
>>
>>69852859
I've never read Survivor, but I thought Lullaby was pretty good, and I think it has potential to be a decent movie.
>>
Couldn't he just use his own money to make the movie?
>>
>>69852859
Survivor gets too meta about 3/4 or even 1/2 of the way through the story.

It'd be too hard to make that a good movie.

Havent read Lullaby. The one story about Brandy(?) And the tongue chick would make a good movie too.
>>
Invisible Monsters is probably the best adaptation he could make in this current societal climate
>>
>no Haunted adaptation

Shit is begging to be made.
>>
more like Cuck Palahniuk
>>
>>69854404
We almost made it through the the thread without this. Thanks again 4chin.
>>
>>69853044

But that would mean he'd have to rely on good writing for the project to be successful
>>
>>69850194
He's telling you, in case you don't know, kid..
>>
>>69852859
There was going to be a Survivor movie, with Marilyn Manson as the brother. But then 9/11 happened and the movie was canceled because it featured a plane crash.

>>69853005
>Rant

Wasn't he planning a trilogy for this. What happened?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.