[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else feel sorry for this guy? >wants to rid the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: Commodore Norrington.jpg (18 KB, 435x358) Image search: [Google]
Commodore Norrington.jpg
18 KB, 435x358
Did anyone else feel sorry for this guy?

>wants to rid the ocean of pirate scum
>has to deal with rambling idiot savant
>gets cucked by a filthy pirate blacksmith
>>
How did he end up anyway? I forget

Either way he did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>69849163
haven't watched any of the pirate films in decades are 2 & 3 as bad as I remember? never watched them after opening night
>>
>>69849219
He gets killed by Davy Jones.
>>
>>69849219
he got stabbed to death while saving the girl who cucked him, if i remember right.
>>
>>69849242
No, they're not that bad
>>
>>69849163
Best character to be sure. The fact that Liz ditched him for blacksmith boy and then alcohol brain damaged pirate just to betray them, just goes to show how pleb she was.
>>
Not really no. Nothing against him but no
>>
He seemed like a decent dude trying to uphold the law that got severely screwed over.
>>
>>69849163
I felt pretty bad for him in the second one. It was nice seeing him get away with the chest at the end.
>>
>>69849242
I enjoyed 2 the most.
>>
>>69849163
He was a good man. He deserved better
>>
>>69849242
1&2 are the only good movies.
3 is shit and 4 is mediocre.
>>
>>69849242
1 is great
2 is good, with flashes of great
3 is mediocre all over, with flashes of just plain bad.
>>
>>69849163
He is a well done character yo.
>>
>Comfy Sunday today
>Now have to choose between Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean

Bloody hell /tv/
>>
3>2>1
>>
File: 1371431544091.jpg (26 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1371431544091.jpg
26 KB, 251x201
Why was Dead Man's Chest so good /tv/?
>>
>>69849242
The third one is literally the only movie that has ever put me to sleep in a theater.
>>
>>69852296
Only because of based Davy Jones and his lads.
>>
1 is a 9/10
2 is an underrated but erratic 7.5/10
3 is also SLIGHTLY underrated a touch by this board but does have a ton of problems.. 5.5/10
4 is forgettable garbage tier. 4/10
>>
>>69849975
such is the life of a cuck
>>
>>69849163

He was a good guy at heart, it's just that everything went to shit for him in the worst possible way.
>>
>>69852296
Because it had a more interesting conflict than Curse of the Black Pearl. That one is way, way overrated for being a by the numbers Disney adventure movie.
>>
>>69849163
He was a street-smart fish out of water in a world he never knew.
>>
>Future bride snaked by a glorified shoe-shine
>Military career ruined by sea niggers
>Shamed and disgraced, left in Tortuga becoming the very thing that destroyed him
>Future redemption cut short again by Swann and shine's Father
>>
>>69853108
curse of the black pearl is a perfect movie
>>
>>69852296
What makes Dead Man's Chest better than At World's End?
>>
What are some other good pirate movies?
>>
>>69849288

nah he was stabbed by Bootstrap (once he'd gone into his 'part of the ship, part of the crew' frenzy) iirc

so he was killed by the dad of the guy who cucked him
>>
>>69849163
His character dev. was terrible. They made him out of character for 2 then just a disposable accessory in 3.
>>
>>69854268
Man, that's even worse. He had the worst luck.
>>
>>69854268
>so he was killed by the dad of the guy who cucked him while saving the girl who cucked him

Wow. Supreme ironing right there.
>>
File: image.png (915 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
915 KB, 1334x750
>>69849163

You are far, without doubt the worst OP I've ever seen post on /tv/
>>
>>69854114
Treasure island

Though it's not fantasy at all.
>>
>>69854268
Doesn't he actually get killed by Davy Jones after he declines his offer to join the Dutchman's crew, tho?
>>
>>69854397
No, he's already dying so Davy Jones goes to offer him to join the crew. Norrington stabs him before dying, but it does nothing.
>>
>>69854350
But you HAVE seen me.
>>
>>69854607
Underrated post.
>>
>>69854008

At Worlds End could have been much better if it was just about an all out war between the Pirate Lords and East India Trading company, but it was hindered by that shitty Calypso arc and underusing Chow Yun Fat and the pirate lords in general.

Too much pandering to wacky Jack Sparrow, would have been happy if he weren't in it and focused on Barbossa.
>>
>>69849163
thanks bro you just motivated me to watch the movies! next one comin out next year! cant wait
>>
>>69855938
>next one comin out next year!
It is? I wonder if it'll be even worse than On Stranger Tide.

On a related note, On Stranger Tides looked like cheap video shit at times despite having the same cinematographer Ridley Scott has used for all of his films since Prometheus, just goes to show how much the director matters.
>>
>>69854927
More like Barbrossa. One of the best PotC characters
>>
>>69854927
Meh, I really liked Jack Sparrow in the first movie. They made him way too goofy in the second and third.
>>
>>69856098
thats what wiki said

should be better than it then! you learn from your fuckups
>>
>>69849163
Davenport and Hollander were GOAT in these films.
>>
>>69857333
>goofy
Was he? Dead Man's Chest is pretty much Jack desperately trying to avoid certain death, getting lots of people killed in the process and seriously contemplating sending a hundred strangers into eternal slavery to save himself.
>>
>>69858054
Maybe goofy isn't the right word. In the first one he was quirky, but felt dangerous. In the other ones he feels more like comic relief than anything else.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.