[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other movies like Fear and Loathing and the Big Lebowski?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Any other movies like Fear and Loathing and the Big Lebowski?

Movies that are funny without coming off as being purposefully so. No feeling of QUE JOKE, the humor just stems from the characters and the situations they find themselves in.
>>
>>69827833
Inherent Vice
Fargo
The Nice Guys
>>
>>69827897
Thanks Anon.

Already seen Fargo and it's great. Will definitely check out the others.
>>
"Everybody Wants Some" is the best of that kind of movie I've seen in a while, OP
Absolutely nails the group of friends dynamic

>>69827897
I loooooove Inherent Vice, but it is decidedly not what OP is looking for. The jokes are all really consciously jokes - "I don't know how to drive doc" etc.
>>
Snatch
>>
>>69828215
>I loooooove Inherent Vice, but it is decidedly not what OP is looking for. The jokes are all really consciously jokes - "I don't know how to drive doc" etc.

The characters themselves making jokes is fine, if that is what you mean. The movie just shouldn't be presented as if you're supposed to laugh at them.

I haven't seen Vice though.
>>
>>69828215
I thought the subtle visual humor was pretty boss, and fits what OP's looking for.
>>
Not to the same extent as those films, but I got a similar vibe from Birdman. There are some obvious "this is a joke" moments, but often it's completely natural and flowing.
>>
Withnail and I
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Apartment
Wild Tales
The Hospital
Tales From The Golden Age
The Man Without A Past
>>
>>69827897
>The Nice Guys

Was this good, cause I liked the other two movies you mentioned
>>
>>69830878
It was pretty great, some iffy attempts at drama but it occupies the same kind of space as those other two.
>>
>>69830945
cool, haven't seen any other movies come out recently that looked good.
>>
Hail, Caesar!
>>
>>69827833
>the humor just stems from the characters and the situations they find themselves in.
A Fish called Wanda

Also, "Fawlty Towers" could be defined as:
> the situations they find themselves in.
>>
>>69831075
Literally just finished watching this 5 minutes ago, great recommendation. OP, watch Hail Caesar.
>>
The Favour, the Watch and the Very Big Fish
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.