[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup bros? what does /tv/ thinks of this movie. Cult classic never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
sup bros? what does /tv/ thinks of this movie. Cult classic never discussed here?
cmon guys I think its pretty nice
>>
It's fucking great, and the ending is sublime.
>>
>>69811907
Classic nukecore
>>
>>69811907

Best gay chopper pilot ever
>>
File: Channing.jpg (89 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Channing.jpg
89 KB, 620x400
>>69811995
This
>>
Has too many good things in idea (Great short story imo)

>Story
Before Miracle Mile was made, its production had been legendary in Hollywood for ten years.[3] In 1983, it had been chosen by American Film magazine as one of the ten best unmade screenplays.[3] Steve De Jarnatt wrote it just out of the American Film Institute for Warner Brothers with the hope of directing it as well. The studio wanted to make it on a bigger scale and did not want to entrust the project with a first-time director like De Jarnatt.[3]
Miracle Mile spent three years in production limbo until De Jarnatt optioned it himself, buying the script for $25,000.[3] He rewrote it and the studio offered him $400,000 to buy it back. He turned them down.[3] When he shopped it around to other studios, they balked at the mix of romance and nuclear war and the film's downbeat ending. This is what drew Anthony Edwards to the script as he remembers, "It scared the hell out of me. It really made me angry too...I just couldn't believe that somebody had written this."[3] John Daly of Hemdale Films gave De Jarnatt $3.7 million to make the film.

But the writer wanted to direct it himself, and he's very bad in those terms.

With a proper director AND with the respect of the original story that the writer gave it, would have been a fucking classic, not just an underground cult film as it is.
>>
>>69811907
Really liked it. Anthony Edwards is perfect in the lead. The real miracle of this movie was how they kept the tense pacing throughout the movie, it never lets up.
>>
>>69812161

>for some reason drank an energy drink before watching this
>chest feels like it's about to burst every 5 minutes

Best experience ever
>>
>>69812289
Glad you made it out alive, fàm.
>>
The director of Miracle Mile also did Cherry 2000
>>
File: It's happening.jpg (210 KB, 720x512) Image search: [Google]
It's happening.jpg
210 KB, 720x512
It's tense. It's weird. It's not afraid to do its own thing. I like it.
>>
>>69812327

Was touch and go for real at some points, like with the cops at the gas station
>>
>>69811907

The same director made Cherry 2000; its one of my favourite sci fi flicks about a man hiring a bounty hunter to go through a wasteland to find a replacement for his sex doll.
>>
>>69811907
>that call in the phonebooth
>That one's going all the way to Tijuana
>EMP helicopter scene
Wish this was still on YT.
>>
File: Pamela Gidley - Cherry 2000.webm (3 MB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Pamela Gidley - Cherry 2000.webm
3 MB, 640x352
>>69812356
I love that movie
Pamela Gidley is stunning
>>
>>69812370

>those two chicks in the elevator with an arsenal of weapons

The escalation was perfect too, as night turns to day shit just got more and more real
>>
>>69812351
Great scene. One of my favorites along with the cafe and chopper scene.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.