[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we post our most enjoyable or memorable theater experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
It probably wasn't all that rare but the only problem I ever had at a movie theater was when my brother and I went to see The Last Samurai. During the showing when the ninja attack happens, right after the first few crossbow shots were fired, the film reel burned up. Everyone in the theater was so hyped that no one even left their seats while waiting for the replacement film reel. We enjoyed the small intermission and the rest of the movie was so great that when we left we completely forgot to ask for our money back or a voucher, we just walked out talking about how great the movie was.
>>
File: 1460585881310.jpg (473 KB, 1170x500) Image search: [Google]
1460585881310.jpg
473 KB, 1170x500
>>69802809
When I went to go see Godzilla 2014 I decided to pay a little extra to go see it in Imax with a friend of mine. During the countdown at the beginning of the movie, when it hit one, Godzilla roared and it shook the entire theater. His finishing move on Mama Muto made everyone in the theater go apeshit and my friend and I were hyped as fuck. Awesome crowd, and the movie was even better in Imax.
>>
File: soccer foul.gif (2 MB, 420x262) Image search: [Google]
soccer foul.gif
2 MB, 420x262
>>69802809
I saw the Last Samurai with my best friend in high school. Definitely the best bro tier movie.

Also Creed was fucking incredible to watch in theaters. In between rounds after Donny was losing some round he cuts the other guy and he goes to his corner and says,"He bleeds just like me!" Some lady in the theater cheered and it fucking hyped me up.

Civil War was great when I saw it opening day. I saw it again the following week in another theater and they didn't even respond to half of the jokes.
>>
>>69802809
>They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.
>>
>>69802809
some kind of dude making some random laugh during the second pirates of the Caribbean movie.
Like they would be talking in a scene nothing funny would be happening and he would just let out a very loud HA. Got my friend and I cracked up every time he did it. We were in hysterics by the end of it. Dude did it at least 10 times throughout the whole movie.
>>
File: reverse_burger.jpg (37 KB, 566x518) Image search: [Google]
reverse_burger.jpg
37 KB, 566x518
>>69805094
that sounds like a legitimate retard. I've had similar experiences at restaurants and grocery stores, and it is very amusing.. but naturally gets stale after a while
>>
File: jokes.jpg (127 KB, 460x454) Image search: [Google]
jokes.jpg
127 KB, 460x454
>>69802809
Took my younger brother to see Batman v Superman after I'd seen it the week before. Opening credits started and the sound is distorted as fuck.

>mfw no one reacted until after the Metropolis scene because they thought it was intentional
>>
>depression was pretty bad earlier this year
>didn't go out very much
>the new Star Wars was finishing up its run
>was late January/early February
>cool af family friend (who's in his late fifties) gets a free two person pass to see any movie
>he phones me up
>sure.jpg
>he's cool af, I have a dispensary membership so he suggests that we should see the film stoned
>the movie theatre in my town is near some swampy area
>half an hour before the film started, we drive behind the movie theatre, down some back road
>he rolls us a doob
>we walk around in the swamp while blazing
>we go park his van in the near-empty parking lot
>go see The Force Awakens while high af
>was comfy af
>afterwards he treats me to a huge late sushi lunch, lets me keep all the sushi we didn't finish, had leftovers for days
>we still hang out sometimes, like last weekend he came over and we watched a Grateful Dead concert movie
Cool guy, he really cheers me up when I need it.
>>
>>69802809
Maybe the origianl TMNT movie. Our local cinema had shut down a few years previous and there was a travelling movie guy who came to town a few times a year with a movie or two and a projector. He would set up in the local RSL function room and everyone would crowd in. Kids, parents, stoned high school kids, drunk 20-somethings, the list goes on. At the intermission one of the abos was sitting on the floor banging two coke bottles together and someone yelled out "hey anon, enough with your bloody teenage mutant ninja corroboree''. Oh how we all lauged.
>>
>>69805525
Your fried. Soubds based
>>
File: 25c.jpg (439 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
25c.jpg
439 KB, 2000x2000
>>69802809
when I went to watch Man of Steel.
First day - first show,the theater has issues in the print,so they delayed the show,coz they were downloading the said movie again.
>mfw I heard downloading
>>
>>69805769
>tfw never be born on the same continent and in a position to properly grow up alongside members of the human species closest to proper Enlightenment
>>
My best memory is of The Grudge. It was before I became numb to the genre and I was truly terrified. This horror led to my discovery that something is no longer scary if you fap to it. This, in turn, led to my eventual discovery of /d/.
>>
>>69807448
what did the downloading sound like?
>>
>>69805525
>depression

man the fuck up you little bitch
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.