[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Overrated performances you know it's true
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: heath.png (381 KB, 620x419) Image search: [Google]
heath.png
381 KB, 620x419
ITT: Overrated performances

you know it's true
>>
>>69799193
agree
>>
File: Morgan 2.jpg (20 KB, 280x250) Image search: [Google]
Morgan 2.jpg
20 KB, 280x250
Everything he has ever done
>>
A FACIAL TICK, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

THE ACTOR'S REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
>>
File: a-clockwork-orange.jpg (38 KB, 568x426) Image search: [Google]
a-clockwork-orange.jpg
38 KB, 568x426
>>
>>69799686
Nah, this is one of the funniest performances ever.
>>
>>69799193
Couldn't disagree more.

The mark of a brilliant actor is when you literally have difficulty "finding" the actor in the character. That is, I actually had to struggle to imagine that that was Heath Ledger up there on the screen.

Compare that to someone like Jack Nicholson who's basically Jack with clown makeup on.
>>
>>69799875
If heath had died mid-filming, they wouldn't be able to find a replacement. It's that simple. It's an impossible performance to replicate
>>
Trying to find "overrated" things is the mark of a faggot contrarian

you're basically saying, this thing is popular and lots of people like it, and even non-mainstream audiences find the merit in it, its so universally liked I have to say its liked too much.
>>
>>69799193
most undeserving academy award ever besides Natalie Portman
>>
File: jake.jpg (484 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
jake.jpg
484 KB, 1200x800
>>69799193
>he stares at people's eyes and he doesn't blink, brilliant! bravo, gyllenhaal!
>>
>>69799193
nah these guys are right >>69799875>>69799968
>>69799649
agree, he just plays the same character every movie
>>69799686
he's pretty good, especially in the parts where alex is a little cunt
>>69800043
agree, I think the writing of the character was better. It shows how a true sociopath is and not the old hollywood cliche serial killer, but he just acts creepy. I think a better acting of a sociopath was bale's, as in he seems like a normal guy with other people if you dont pick up on the autism hints
>>
File: ..jpg (18 KB, 288x346) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
18 KB, 288x346
any of his '''''''performances''''''
>>
>>69799968
Leto seems to be aping it pretty well.
>>
File: grid-cell-13704-1416530871-8.jpg (80 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-13704-1416530871-8.jpg
80 KB, 625x625
What you get for a fake nose...
>>
Time for another thread full of contrarian bullshit.
>>
>go to idmb's 100 greatest performances of all time
>just got 100 overrated performances
the top 10 are L I T E R A L L Y:
daniel meme lewys
meme pacino
marlon meme
robert de meme
meme hanks
meme nicholson
meme ledger
meme streep
meme foster
THEY LITERALLY PUT JODIE FUCKING FOSTER IN SILENCE OF THE LAMBS IN 15TH PLACE HOLY SHIT
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.