[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STAR WARS EPISODE 8 TITLE LEAKED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8
https://vid.me/xHTz
The new Star Wars title will reportedly be "Fall of The Resistance", as shown in this video taken at some convention
>>
>>69780221
Why is the name of the movie considered a spoiler? They were going to reveal it at some point anyways.
>>
>>69780620
BECAUSE IT CONFIRMS THAT THE RESISTANCE FALLS MAN BRO MAN COME ON
>>
Every movie now is "rises" "falls" or "awakes"
>>
File: 1459440023535.jpg (24 KB, 1102x590) Image search: [Google]
1459440023535.jpg
24 KB, 1102x590
This title aligns with the expectation that Ep 8 will be an Empire Strikes Back remake. Not a good sign.
>>
>>69780699
Force Awakens already was like Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>69780221
>Fall of The Resistance
They will have issues with electricity then
>>
>>69780746
It has elements from all three in the OT but is most similar to A New Hope.
>>
>>69780699
also confirms that rey's resistance toward finn will fall to the allure of his BBC
>>
>>69780221
Fresh news, this is like the 5th thread I have seen about this fake leak.
>>
>>69780783
Good post
>>
well if that's real it's a really generic name
>>
>>69780699
Were you expecting something different? It's going to make shitloads of money without the need to take any risks. They would be fools not to milk the franchise dry when they have the current fanbase.
>>
>>69780221
Will there be two death stars this time?
>>
>>69780221
Does someone use the force to make the resistance fall?

Rape joke!
>>
>>69780695
>tfw every other movie uses "rises" so you have to use "ascending" and it flops so hard you have to become a woman
>>
File: tumblr_o16hocgZeF1v5a6q9o2_250.gif (948 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o16hocgZeF1v5a6q9o2_250.gif
948 KB, 250x250
>>69780879
The hope was that TFA was only a remake because it needed to be a course correction for the franchise and distance itself from the prequels, and that 8 and 9 could do something new/different
>>
>>69780898
No, but it will be twice the size
>>
>>69780879
>>69780898

Well, the new director Rian Johnson likes the PT, and said that he wants to "experiment" with the film and take Star Wars where it never went before.

While George would probably love that, it's hard to believe Disney will actually let Rian go with such an approach.
>>
>>69780221
Worst name ever. Even liked "The Knights Of Ren" more which was the last leak.

Normaly i would be concerned but TFA was so bad i'm not gonna watch another SW movie in theatres anyway.
>>
>>69780221
>Fall of The Resistance
Clickbait title.
Either the Resistance won't fall, or it will rebrand itself as the Newer Republic
>>
>>69780963
That is some shitty excuse to like TFA. It was bad and if anything a sign what these new films are gonna be like. Bravo Disney
>>
>>69780221
using same beat as original trilogy

i'm sorry but that is so lasy. worth a torrent at most
>>
>>69781034
>>69780963
>caring about PR statements
You're letting them play you.
>>
>>69780221
That sounds like the title of the second volume of a shitty young adult novel.
Not a good sign.
>>
>>69780699
Not bad criticism because I enjoyed the movie but: Ep7 is literally like A New Hope...dust planet, scavenger, ok yes random nigger clone got me there, HAN SOLO, lightsaber discovery, new deathstar, pretty much same destruction of it, old wise protagonist dies by sith, big bad guy fight, movie ends with jedi training and new discovery.

I definitely missed even more of the same, like I said I enjoyed the nostalgia, but they are really shaping this trilogy to be exactly the same as 4-6...fucking Empire Strikes Back (like you said) will be 8, and Jedi gonna return peace and light to the galaxy in 9, just like 6...hopefully they will add enough new stuff...
>>
>>69781183
I am not, I'm merely observing.
>>
>>69781396
Well, 99% of the statements and the "leaks" are all PR and marketing. It is likely that they already had a draft written down for all three movies before they even begun on the 7th one. They'll probably adjust that draft into a script with the response to the 7th one in mind, but they will not take any risks. The project is worth billions, they HAVE TO go safe.
>>
>>69780963
What a laughably weak excuse. It was a mere remake. For G-d's sake we're talking about the company that milked Pixar into sequels to Finding Nemo and Cars.
>>
>>69781638
>G-d's
>>
>>69780221

It's actually:

Star Wars: The Blackening Horde
>>
Star Wars should start doing Harry Potter style subtitles where it isn't necessarily vague, but cryptic until you know what the fuck it's talking about.
>Prisoner of Azkaban
>Half-Blood Prince
>>
If leak about Luke kicking ass turn out to be true, I will forgive everything about this movie.
>>
i wonder if rey will wear sexier clothes in episode 8
>>
>>69780221
>Star Fall of the Resistance Wars
Stop.
>>
File: 1463764894070.jpg (942 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1463764894070.jpg
942 KB, 1462x1462
>>69782129
>>
>>69782087
Not if it comes along with that dark Luke bullshit.
>>
>>69782121
I second this. I want to see more of her body...and I swear to fucking god if they romance her and ooga booga, I'm going to set fire to everything DISNEY I ever see...

>>69782087
We can hope, I'd really like to see him (and honestly Mark) back in action. Most likely though since I personally believe they are just literally gonna remake the first trilogy, nothing new besides niggers and no bounty hunters...(is the Fett family like all gone or some shit??), don't kill me SW fans, I haven't seen Ep6 in a while

It sucks that they are literally just remaking the movies though, Kylo is now Vader both mentally and physically...probably will even have a full on re-breather voice in 8...just swapped the son/father role...
>>
>>69782666
>tourist gets trips
FUCK OFF NORMIE REEE
>>
>>69782906
Jealous.
>>
>>69782121
To show what? The bitch is mediocre.
>>
It sorta fits with the theme of the second of the trilogy movie titles
>Attack of the Clones
>Empire Strikes Back
>Fall of the Resistance
>>
Star Fall of the Resistance Wars? wut?
>>
>>69782666
She's a Luke clone, she won't romance anybody.
>>
>>69781638
>G-d's
>>
>>69783300
>G-d's dub dubs
>>
It's a good title. Reads like a newspaper article like it's supposed to. You faggots will hate it no matter what. Your autisms are showing
>>
So, Basically:

Ep 7: A Renewed Hope
Ep.8: The Empire Strikes Again

What's Ep 9?
The Jedi Comes Home?
>>
>>69780221

Someone posted this few days ago. Nobody cared. Nobody cares now. It's not real name.
>>
>>69780695
>Rise of the Awakening Fall
>>
>>69783379
Jedi Home Alone 4?
>>
>>69783379
A Naked Jedi
>>
>>69783369
>implying everything isn't worth hating
>>
>>69783479
For you
>>
Star Wars: Rogue 2
"Yes, Ma'am"
>>
>>69783541
2 Rogue 2 Furious: A Star Wars Story: Part One
>>
Reminder that absolutely NONE of the TFA spoilers were real. None of these will be real either.
>>
File: tips-sombrero.gif (818 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
tips-sombrero.gif
818 KB, 500x359
>it's another """dark""" sequel that is a tragedy where the bad guys win in a devastating victory but there is a small glimmer of hope at the end, which they tie up in the third sequel with the underdog good guys somehow pulling off a victory, defeating evil forever

how predictable
>>
>>69782121
In a scene where it's raining she'll be wearing a white tunic.
>>
>>69780221
This is what disney has always done. They buy up companies. They do adaptations. All they do is copy. Now they're remaking all their animated movies. Fuck disney
>>
>>69783684
That's what the fans wanted, though. An Apology Trilogy.
>>
File: 1456627877463.png (632 KB, 956x720) Image search: [Google]
1456627877463.png
632 KB, 956x720
Enough is enough, I am filtering every "StarWars" thread.

I don't want to spend seconds of my life reading about this shit.
>>
>>69783737
Truly is there anything more pathetic than "fans" of a 40 year old toy commercial?
>>
>>69783737
That's not what I wanted. I wanted more prequel-esque stravaganza.
>>
>>69780699

I greatly hope not. I recently discovered a friend of mine had never seen a single Star Wars movie. So me and a couple of buddies Marathoned them with him over the weekend. He enjoyed all three of the original trilogy and said that he regretted never seen them before. We skipped over the prequels and showed him the force awakens. During the movie he was visibly disinterested and kept fidgeting and wanting to talk about stuff while we watched. At the end of the movie he said that he was bored because it was clearly the exact same as a new hope and he didn't really see a point to this new movie. It doesn't tell a new story so there's no sense of discovery, it just retells the same story that ANH had.
>>
>>69783825
Well, I'm sorry to hear that
>>
>>69783844

Continuing on from this, the friend who was new to Star Wars commented about how obviously Millennial the dialogue was in the force awakens. During the briefing scene in A New Hope right before the attack the Death Star the dialogue and character interactions gave her a real sense of urgency and dread. Whereas in the briefing scene in Awakens everyone used extremely simple and silly dialogue like "so what if it's big? We'll blow it up like last time" that was distinctly juvenile.

If a complete newbie to Star Wars can pick the shit up they better get their act together.
>>
>>69783995
show her the prequels
>>
>>69783995
Now you can drop your pleb act, stop pretending the prequels are bad and show your friend the prequels.
>>
>>69781350
>>69780699
Ep. 7 is a mashup of elements from all the previous Star Wars movies, including the prequels. There's a LOT of stuff from the prequels in there.

Listen to the soundtrack: basically no new music, just mashups of stuff from the original trilogy and prequels, and some wonky blurps to tie it together. The whole show's like that.

Rey is basically baby Anakin: a hypercompetent slave child. Not technically a child, not technically a slave, but close enough on both counts (and we get flashbacks of her being sold as a child). She's a mechanical genius. She wears a silly oversized helmet. Jumps into a starship for the first time ever (never having been a pilot, like Anakin and unlike Luke, who made multiple references to being a skilled atmospheric pilot of an armed craft, in which he abused the local wildlife for sport) and wins a big space fight basically by accident when she didn't know what she was doing, then does it again in a lightsaber fight. She's "the chosen one" in a number of ways.

She's way more baby Anakin than Luke.
>>
>>69784139
The prequels were bad, just not as bad as The Force Awakens.
>>
>>69782666
>I swear to fucking god if they romance her and ooga booga
This but I still hope she has a romance subplot. The girl has been by herself for too long. It's a bit cruel to leave her like that.
>>
>>69783995
Your friend made good points.

One of the worst lines in TFA is spoken by Hux after Poe has desestabilized the termal oscillator or whatever. He runs to the chamber containing Snoke's hologram* and says "the collapse of the planet has begun". That line lacks any sense of urgency and panic, which makes no sense in the context in which it was made. It gives the impression either they knew the planet will colapse, or that the character just read the script before speaking with Snoke. He should have said "the planet is collapsing!" instead.

* Why did they build a chamber only for a hologram to use with Snoke? Vader had a private hologram channel with the Emperor onboard the Executor, yet they didn't put it on a separate room, they put it on Vader's room, along with his LCD panel and his meditation/medical capsule.
>>
return of the jedi
attack of the clones
revenge of the sith
fall of the resistance
(fill in blank) of the (fill in blank)
>>
>>69784139
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1277125593323.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1277125593323.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
>>69780221
I tank you, sensible anon for using spoiler image, and I blame myself for opening it, now I have to deal with the consequences of having seen that skewed unaligned title.
>>
>>69784694
that's the sort that makes for a good Jedi though
>>
>>69784139
Do you really love people moving towards windows or sitting in couches everytime?
>>
>>69784579
It's so funny that this place is so full of pretentious contrarian hipsters that they will defend the prequels and pretend that thinking TFA is worse is in any way a rational opinion

TFA, at the very least, is a competently made, well-shot flick with likable characters and a sharp script. The prequels are fundamentally broken films on every level with juvenile camerawork and a script that alternates between robotic, emotionless dialogue and hilariously hammy melodrama.
>>
>>69785002
Does she even want to be a Jedi? Besides GL now allows Jedis to marry just because one kid ask him to.
>>
>>69783995
>everyone used extremely simple and silly dialogue like "so what if it's big? We'll blow it up like last time" that was distinctly juvenile.
It had such a going-through-the-motions feel.

Like that moment when Han Solo didn't even need to bother looking at a stormtrooper to shoot him. It's not really a funny moment. It's not consistent with what Han Solo could do when he wasn't a tired old man. It's just the people making the movie showing off how much they didn't give a shit.

Han Solo's character is that he's a huge fucking liar. He's pretty good at a few things, but most of what he tries doesn't work out that well. Now he's exactly as good as he originally bluffed to be: he's so magic he knows he doesn't need to look where he's shooting, and the Millennium Falcon is also a magic ship that can do hyperspace things that go against how everybody else knows hyperspace works.

The Falcon was a surprisingly fast and well-armed ship, but Solo was obviously lying in the original trilogy about how good it was. It couldn't simply outrun TIE Fighters or a Star Destroyer and had frequent mechanical failures due to being cobbled together by amateurs, like the 1950s hot-rods Lucas loved.

Another completely magic thing was Han Solo finding the Falcon just after it launched. That makes no sense. It's a galaxy-size coincidence. This isn't like Obi-Wan booking a trip to the Alderaan system, because that's Princess Leia's homeworld, and the Death Star being there after blowing it up, because it was Princess Leia's homeworld. This was just Han Solo showing up because the writers wanted Han Solo to show up.

It's lazy trash writing.
>>
File: 1418938294157.jpg (139 KB, 542x542) Image search: [Google]
1418938294157.jpg
139 KB, 542x542
>>69783844
>We skipped over the prequels
Do you hate fun or something?
>>
>>69785590
>Han Solo's character is that he's a huge fucking liar. He's pretty good at a few things, but most of what he tries doesn't work out that well. Now he's exactly as good as he originally bluffed to be: he's so magic he knows he doesn't need to look where he's shooting, and the Millennium Falcon is also a magic ship that can do hyperspace things that go against how everybody else knows hyperspace works.

He was running a shitty junker freighter, had gotten his entire crew killed and was in debt yet again. I think that's pretty consistent with his characterization in the original trilogy. And if you're really complaining about "how hyperspace works", you're being fucking autistic. This is Star Wars, not Star Trek

>The Falcon was a surprisingly fast and well-armed ship, but Solo was obviously lying in the original trilogy about how good it was. It couldn't simply outrun TIE Fighters or a Star Destroyer and had frequent mechanical failures due to being cobbled together by amateurs, like the 1950s hot-rods Lucas loved.

Did you forget the BYPASSED DA COMPRESSA bit? Falcon was still a piece of shit.

>Another completely magic thing was Han Solo finding the Falcon just after it launched. That makes no sense. It's a galaxy-size coincidence.

Han and Chewie were tracking the Falcon but didn't pick it up because it hadn't flown for years. Once Rey and Finn left Jakku they picked up the signal and homed in on it.
>>
>>69785192
>TFA, at the very least, is a competently made, well-shot flick with likable characters and a sharp script.
Troll harder, faggot.

See:
>>69785590
>>69783995
>>69783844

Likable characters? Rey's baby Anakin with tits: her character is "now THIS is pod racing!" Finn's Friend-Zone Jar Jar: completely out of place, generally incompetent, mostly used for comic relief, and not having any clear reason to be in the movie (imagine that BB-8 just told Rey about the Resistance and the map, that Han and Chewie just went to Death Star 3 without him because obviously they've got to try something -- Finn serves no purpose in the story). Poe, Phasma, and CGI girl Yoda were non-entities. Han, Luke, and Leia were Just Glad To Be Working. Kylo Ren is an inept and unthreatening millennial tantrum man-child who has to say explicitly that's he's conflicted, wants to talk about his feelings, and displays widely inconsistent levels of competence to get through things on the plot checklist.
>>
>>69786198
autism
>>
>>69785850
> if you're really complaining about "how hyperspace works", you're being fucking autistic. This is Star Wars, not Star Trek
He does two things with hyperspace that everybody knows won't work. And they work. That's writing him as a magic man.

>Did you forget the BYPASSED DA COMPRESSA bit?
Are you seriously bringing that up in defense of TFA? That was terrible.

First of all, it was just removing a new stupid thing that the new owner had added. Secondly, it didn't inconvenience them. Third, it showcased Rey's ridiculous supercompetence, where she's bothered by things for all of about three seconds before she's an expert.

>Han and Chewie were tracking the Falcon but didn't pick it up because it hadn't flown for years. Once Rey and Finn left Jakku they picked up the signal and homed in on it.
IN ALL THE GALAXY. Don't try and justify this shit.

Never mind how stupid it is that the Millennium Falcon just happened to be there for them to steal.

The original trilogy didn't run on wacky coincidences, but I think the TFA writers thought it did. Leia was headed to Tatooine for Obi-Wan, who was there keeping an eye on Luke, his apprentice's son. R2-D2 knew what he was doing. Then they headed to Alderaan, where Darth Vader was because he knew what he was doing.

TFA was written by people who didn't understand Star Wars at all.
>>
>>69785850
>Hyperspace in star wars is magic instant travel
>>
>>69781075
see you in december for rogue one
>>
>>69786941
The BR-rip torrents won't be up at least until March.
>>
>>69786596
Okey, I'm not the other anon. But, Star Wars has always relied on coincidences. In SW, C3PO and R2 landed om Tatooine at mere kilometers of distance of Obi-Wan's house. Obi-Wan appears when Luke is knocked out by the Sand People before they could steal his properties (don't try to use the Jedi argument, please), Alderaan is destroyed mere minutes before the Falcon arrives to the system, etc. In ESB, the probe droid lands close to Echo Base, Han finds Luke in the middle of nowhere, Luke isn't chased or intercepted by Stardestroyers before he could do the jump to lightspeed, the Falcon can reach Bespin in sub-light speed, etc. And let's not speak about RotJ.

The difference is that those shortcuts are relatively innocent and easily overlooked, and nowhere as notorious and terrible as Han and Chewbacca finding the Falcon after Rey and Finn stole it (also, doesn't Han say to Chewbacca they should have double checked Jakku when they were very close to the planet? It doesn't make sense).

>shut up, PT/TFA fan
I only like SW77 and ESB.
>>
>>69787109
>In SW, C3PO and R2 landed om Tatooine at mere kilometers of distance of Obi-Wan's house.
Why do you think that's coincidental? R2 was carrying a message to Obi-Wan.

>Obi-Wan appears when Luke is knocked out by the Sand People before they could steal his properties (don't try to use the Jedi argument, please)
Luke was headed to meet Obi-Wan, who was there to watch over Luke, who very likely knew there had been a battle in the space just above Tatooine involving Leia and Vader, and yes, was a Jedi who probably sensed Luke was coming to see him.

>Alderaan is destroyed mere minutes before the Falcon arrives to the system
First of all, it's not "mere minutes" in the plot timeline, just in the movie itself. There's no reason it couldn't have been hours or days. Secondly, there are common causes: Leia is captured by Vader and sends to Obi-Wan for help mere minutes apart. They're both headed to Alderaan, from this simultaneous trigger event, for the reason of Alderaan's royal family's involvement in the Rebellion.

>In ESB, the probe droid lands close to Echo Base
They were sending those probes everywhere.

>Han finds Luke in the middle of nowhere
They were there together, he went out looking for him when he didn't come back on time.

>Luke isn't chased or intercepted by Stardestroyers before he could do the jump to lightspeed,
Some were, some weren't. He was in a fast and maneuverable starfighter, one of many present. There was some chance involved, but it could hardly be called a coincidence.

>the Falcon can reach Bespin in sub-light speed, etc.
They didn't say anything about needing to travel by sub-light speed. They had more time to fix things after their space garbage trick. They just couldn't make the jump before that.

Han was an experienced, connected smuggler. He had many places he might run to. Bespin was not the ideal option, just one that happened to be within range.

I guess TFA was written for stupid people.
>>
>>69788027
>R2 was carrying a message to Obi-Wan.
Just to be clear on why R2-D2's intentions mattered: R2-D2's primary function is as a navigation computer (secondary function is maintenance), he controlled the launch of the escape pod, and he almost certainly knew of a place where he could contact Obi-Wan.
>>
>>69780221
So it's just going to be an Empire clone
>>
>>69786941
Looking forward to the return of Darth Vader and his lightsaber duel with Rey's mom and Luke's wife>>69780620
Felicity Jones who hides Rey in Jakku before Vader kills her.
>>
>>69788665
It's not Darth Vader, it's the Emperor, who used his Force Lightning Teleport power to escape Death Star 2 before its destruction.
>>
>>69788665
iRebel is not related to Rey. Pablo confirmed it.
>>
>>69788665
Okay, so it takes place before ANH and won't have any Jedis. Darth Vader not duelling anyone. It's going to push a Disney princess feminist agenda to the cringiest of heights. A bunch of Buck Rogers-style laser raygun battles ensue. Could Rogue One be worse than Ghostbusters (2016)?
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.