[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential 2 season core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 81NJ1JXKZ9L._SL1500_.jpg (211 KB, 1076x1500) Image search: [Google]
81NJ1JXKZ9L._SL1500_.jpg
211 KB, 1076x1500
Essential 2 season core?
>>
This board is so shit
>>
>>69779483

Jesus Season 2 was immaculate. One of the best seasons of tv I've had the pleasure to see. Then we get this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K17cMYRj5g

Where did they go wrong?
>>
Why are all the women in this show so damn ugly except Hannah McKay?

Laguerta made me want to throw up every time she was on screen.
>>
Seasons 1 and 4, right?
>>
>>69779930
I think the first four, people don't like Season 3 but I liked it for what it was. Seasons 1 and 4 in particular are GOAT
>>
>>69779539
Realism. Go into any work place and half the people will be butt ugly, most of the rest ok looking, and just a couple hotties.
>>
>>69779483
I loved the first two seasons so much I bought one of the books only to find that the second book is even lamer than season three.

Honestly the writers took a great character from a poorly written book and fleshed out the side characters and improved the plot for two seasons. After that it seamed like they lost their sense of direction. In the book Dexter's boring ass marriage starts even sooner than on the show.

As for how badly the last couple seasons go, I think Dexter was one of the shows laid low by that writer's strike that was going on during it's run. I'm not one hundred percent sure that they lost important writers and with them lost the character's narrative, but it certainly would make sense of just how suddenly the show went from having ups and downs to being utter shit.
>>
File: 1462981469858.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462981469858.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>That series finale

I hadn't laughed that hard in a long ass time.
>>
Doakes died too early

Special Agent Lundy could be better explored
>>
>>69780593
He dies even sooner in the book, without any character development or depth. In the books the only character that ever matters is Dexter and all other characters are just scenery. The books are trash.

That said, I do wish Doakes lasted longer. What they did with him was great, but they should have said 'fuck the books' entirely and kept him around a lot longer. They should have had Dexter's brother survive season one as well, and have these characters' stories drawn out a bit more, the show condensed all the best stuff to the first seasons, and while I apreciate other characters getting fleshed out in subsequent seasons, they all paled in comparison and should have been filler padding out a much longer version of the main plots that were used for the first two seasons. Let them be sub plots, and let main plots span several seasons and over-lap.
>>
>>69780593

> tfw no robo-Doakes
>>
>>69779527
>Where did they go wrong?
They stretched out an idea that should go 3, maybe 4 max, seasons into 8.
>>
At least they didn't bring the primordial evil infecting all truly bad people thing into the show. That book was retarded, and the author seemed to know since he hardly brought it up again in the rest of them.
>>
>Female writers ruined Dexter and now Arrow
>>
>>69782879
arrow was NEVER good

NEVER

it was a guilty pleasure because i love super heroes, but the story/acting is crap
>>
>it's an autists argue over which dexter seasons were watchable thread
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.