[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paul Walker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: paul-walker-picture-5.jpg (44 KB, 376x490) Image search: [Google]
paul-walker-picture-5.jpg
44 KB, 376x490
dont you think its ironic and hilarious he died in a speeding car that crashed and he made movies that glorify driving all too fast and dangerously ?
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 600x399
HI IM RYAN DUNN AND THIS IS SPEED DRUNK FLIP CAR
>>
>>69761321

He was a good driver
>>
I guess you could say thats what happens when you live life in the fast lane

:^)
>>
>>69761363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tks_6VzRjXk
>>
where's Straya at this hour? I'm waiting for the Steve Irwin memes............
>>
He died fast and furious. How fitting indeed.
>>
>>69761321
it would've been, if he'd been driving. He got alot of goodwill because he wasn't in the driver's seat
>>
>>69761321
Yeah it's really funny when some one dies through no fault of their own after leaving a fundraising event.
>>
>>69761863

I'd bet he had a big smile on his face when his friend went at 4 times the speed limit
>>
>>69761321
fast and furiously*
fixed that for ya bud
>>
>>69761961

if he was smart he'd tell his speeding friend to stop the car and walk to the next bus stop
>>
I guess he must have been in a rush hour 2
>>
>>69761990

>things that nobody has ever done in the history of humanity

"Pull over here speeding friend. I would rather take the bus than get a free ride directly to my residence"
>>
File: 123125.gif (2 MB, 336x230) Image search: [Google]
123125.gif
2 MB, 336x230
>>69761321
irony = the opposite of what you expect
does that really fit?
it's an amusing coincidence
>>
>>69762114

thats not the complete definition of the word
>>
>>69762136
i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicism, mockery, satire, sardonicism
"that note of irony in her voice"
a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
plural noun: ironies
"the irony is that I thought he could help me"
synonyms: paradox, incongruity, incongruousness
"the irony of the situation"
a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
noun: dramatic irony

ok
>>
Henry Watson Fowler, in The King's English, says "any definition of irony—though hundreds might be given, and very few of them would be accepted—must include this, that the surface meaning and the underlying meaning of what is said are not the same." Also, Eric Partridge, in Usage and Abusage, writes that "Irony consists in stating the contrary of what is meant."

The use of irony may require the concept of a double audience. Fowler's A Dictionary of Modern English Usage says:

Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear & shall not understand, & another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware both of that more & of the outsiders' incomprehension.
The term is sometimes used as a synonym for incongruous and applied to "every trivial oddity" in situations where there is no double audience.[4] An example of such usage is:
Sullivan, whose real interest was, ironically, serious music, which he composed with varying degrees of success, achieved fame for his comic opera scores rather than for his more earnest efforts.[5]

The American Heritage Dictionary's secondary meaning for irony: "incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs".[6] This sense, however, is not synonymous with "incongruous" but merely a definition of dramatic or situational irony. It is often included in definitions of irony not only that incongruity is present but also that the incongruity must reveal some aspect of human vanity or folly. Thus the majority of American Heritage Dictionary's usage panel found it unacceptable to use the word ironic to describe mere unfortunate coincidences or surprising disappointments that "suggest no particular lessons about human vanity or folly."[7]
A condition of affairs or events of a character opposite to what was, or might naturally be, expected; a contradictory outcome of events as if in mockery of the promise and fitness of things.
>>
>>69762312
lma fucking o you literally proved my point
words can mean more than one thing, you dipshit
>>
>>69761580
just getting home from school now

>>69761863
literally still your fault being a passive bystander while someone risks your life, anyone with a brain would say "lol slow down i dont want to die."
>>
>>69761475
for you
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.