[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>show friends first Godzilla >they think it's gon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299 KB, 1600x1200
>show friends first Godzilla
>they think it's gonna be action with maybe a few heavy moments
>this scene comes on
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-JEce2tYnYhbJmm/gojira_1954_godzilla_distroys_a_city_part_2/
>>
>>69760907
what did they do
>>
>>69761264
Basically act very surprised at the fact that the movie showed godzilla killing a mother and child. They've seen soldiers and some civilians but never this
>>
>>69761289
fuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>69761323
Pretty much, they've seen GMK and GxMG and were used to the movies going in more serious directions, but not this
>>
>>69761381
the only gojira i've seen is the first one, does it get any grimmer?
>>
>>69761415
No, many film feature a deeper meaning beyond the monsters, and serious moments and messages, but the original took it to 11, mostly due to when it came out. 1984 deals with Cold War and gets the closest but doesn't feature death this intense, and hedorah features a serious message and teenagers dying but it's... Wierd
>>
>>69761464
ah good call

what are some of the best ones then?

I've been meaning to check more out but sadly there's so many that I can't exactly find an inning you know what I'm saying?
>>
File: image.jpg (659 KB, 1738x1238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
659 KB, 1738x1238
>>69761491
Generally theses are imo the essentials of all the serious, fun, and mix of both

Godzilla 1954
Mothra vs Godzilla 1964
Monster Zero
Destroy al Monsters
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla 1984
Godzilla vs Biollante
GMK
Godzilla x Mechagodzilla 2002

You can find most on a place called KissAsian for free to stream, and metacafe, and most are on DVD and blu ray. There are more id say I like, but I feel this list is pretty much the "essential of all flavors list"
>>
>>69761574
Thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 836x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 836x640
>>69761620
No prob m8, enjoy the ride. It never ends

Just wait till you get to the Gamera Trilogy
>>
File: Gvskg01.jpg (990 KB, 2070x2936) Image search: [Google]
Gvskg01.jpg
990 KB, 2070x2936
>>69761491
I'm not the same guy but the 1st Godzilla is unique in the franchise, it's basically a horror film with this radioactive monster destroying Japan.

then the country took a liking to the beast and it became the hero. every other movie is just fan service, pretty much.

there are many Godzilla eras but the easiest to get into is the Heisei one with all the popular monsters. Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah is as good as any.

just keep in mind it's nothing like the original.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 600x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 600x760
>>69761696
>then the country took a liking to the beast
Is godzilla the literal biggest example of Stockholm syndrome?
>>
>>69760907
I was really hoping the 2014 movie was going to be more like the original. As it stands it's still the best one.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.