[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were the 90's the golden age of television?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Were the 90's the golden age of television?
>>
Will there ever be a more of a stone cold babe than Kelly?
>>
No early 2000s before Lost went to shit
>>
>>69751244
Your mom for starters
>>
The 80's
>>
We almost had one in the earlier part of this decade but we all know what happened.
>>
yes, they were. anyone who says different is likely 20 years old or younger. even my parents/uncles agree with me on this, and they grew up watching 70's/80's tv. but watch all the underage faggots ITT try and say different
>>
>>69751244
Kelly from married with children
>>
>>69751325
>anyone who says different is likely 20 years old or younger

No, the people who say it's the golden age are likely 20 years or younger. Because LE 90s KID XD
>>
>>69751659
No, dude. Look at all the shows that were aired back then: Sopranos, Twin Peaks, X-files. The comedies were better, the cartoons were much better.
>>
>>69751200
everything is shitty nostalgia shades are real
>>
right now is tha golden age
>>
>>69751200
late 80's - mid 00's is the golden age
>>
>>69752407
we call that the 90s
>>
>>69752444
It encompasses the nineties, yes
>>
>>69751200
haha no
this is the golden age. it's never been so good.
(and piracy is the icing on the cake)
>>
>>69751200
Yes, a time when TV shows could be tongue-in-cheek, blend genres and be self-aware and get away with it. Nowadays there's a huge gap between drama and comedy, either shows are pure sitcoms or they are dramas where "this is serious business, guys."

90's television was like the wild west, now everyone plays it safe and networks just regurgitate the same kind of shit over and over again. Blech
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.