[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men: Apocalypse - Talkback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 12
File: XMenApocalypsePoster2.jpg (171 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
XMenApocalypsePoster2.jpg
171 KB, 800x1185
Just came back from watching X-Men: Apocalypse

I will never trust a review in my life. Ever again.

I enjoyed this MUCH more than Civil War and even BvS (which I enjoyed for the most part)

Ask away but beware, there will be spoilers
>>
>>69746795

It was pretty average, the 50% RT rating is reasonable

The first half had the exact same problems as BvS in that there was way too much shit to establish and the pacing really suffered from that.
>>
File: 1375609562575.jpg (55 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
1375609562575.jpg
55 KB, 515x515
>>69746795

yfw that Quicksilver house rescue scene
>>
>>69746795
What's Moira's role in this and how do they deal with her memory-wiping? I guess she rekindle her relationship with McAvoy?

How is QS's scene? Better than the DotFP one?
>>
>>69746850

No way, the pacing was totally fine. The only thing that could've taken a bit more was Apocalypse getting his team together

In comparison, Civil War was much faster paced.

I thought everything was established just fine and at a reasonable speed. The 50% score is nowhere near justified. If BvS deserves a 30% and X-Men a 50%, then Civil War should definitely be somewhere around 40-50%. Fuck that shit

There was too much CGI though, the 3D version was barely watchable due to the horrible fps
>>
>>69746921
Xavier gives her memories back.
>>
>>69746921
>What's Moira's role in this and how do they deal with her memory-wiping?

She's a CIA agent and doesn't remember a thing about all of it

> I guess she rekindle her relationship with McAvoy?
In the end Charles gives her back the memories

>How is QS's scene?
Pretty great, he saves all the kids from the Xavier Mansion while it's exploding.

> Better than the DotFP one?

Yeah.
>>
>>69746898

>the explosion happens you-know-who-dies
>first reaction: AWH FUCK
>cuts to the outside
>song starts playing
>quicksilver comes
>house rescue scenes starts
>reaction: goddamn, FUCK yeah

the jokes in this were better than in any other non X-Men capeshit movie
>>
>>69746795
>ywn lick Oliva Munns asshole and finger her pussy in the doorway
>>
>>69746795
Hello, Olivia Munn!
>>
>>69747007
>>69747023
Thank you, anon.

I didn't love DotFP, but still liked it (love FC). So if this is at least on the level of DoTFP, I'll be satisfied.
>>
how much screen time does Wolverine have?
>>
>>69746921

SPOILERS AHEAD

>she releases apocalypse
>she doesn't remember anything from the past due to Xavier deleting her memories from First Class
>they probably get together after the movie ends

>How is QS's scene? Better than the DotFP one?

I'd say it was at least as awesome as the DotFP scene. I totally loved every single moment he was in

also

> HIM KICKING THE SHIT OUT OF APOCALYPSE FOR THOSE FEW SECONDS
>>
>>69746795
>talkback
Oh lord not again

Is that creepythinfact!! guy gonna show up too?
>>
>>69747096

I'd say five minutes. Shit was off the charts and there was definitely some berserker action going on. The violence in this movie was off the charts, especially during the first scene and the Magneto scene in the polish forest
>>
>>69747118

don't know what you're talking about, explain
>>
Is Brian Singer seen diddling children in the background?
>>
What's the film about?

Write a summary
>>
>>69747096
About 30 seconds split up through a 3 minute scene, its basically an extended cameo
>>
File: 1397586555923.jpg (20 KB, 380x347) Image search: [Google]
1397586555923.jpg
20 KB, 380x347
>>69746795

>Jean, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Jubilee go to the mall
>see ROTJ at the cinema
>complain about it
>"well at least we know the third part in a trilogy is always the worst"

Bravo Singer
>>
that after credits scene was fucking nice

>Essex Corp

WE SINISTER NOW MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>69747278
>Apocalypse tries to apocalypse the world
>doesn't count on sansa being overpowered as fuck

6.5/10, best capeshit of the year so far
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-19-16-31-42.png (196 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-19-16-31-42.png
196 KB, 480x854
>>69746795
This so much.
Looks like tomatoes are rotten inside.
I barely believe in Marvel vs. 20CF conspiracy, but this rating is just unfair.
>>
>>69747338
Feel better now?

>>69747349
I didn't stay for it, what happened?
>>
>>69747349

can some comic book guy redpill me on Essex Corp
>>
>>69747428
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Sinister

Nathaniel Essex aka Mister Sinister
>>
>>69746795
Who defeats apocalypse and how?, who fights apocalypse in the coolest way?
>>
>>69747409

Some guy comes into Stryker's Lab and collects a blood sample of Wolverine / Weapon X, he puts the blood sample into a case and as the case closes you can see the logo "ESSEX CORP"
>>
>>69747278

>apocalypse and his horsemen want to transfer his body into oscar isaacs 3000 years before our time due to him wanting isaac's healing abilities
>haters trap him inside the pyramid and all hell breaks loose, destroying the pyramid
>present
>moira accidentally sets him free (sun shines onto the alien machinery)
>he searches for his team
>cyclops and nightcrawler are recruited for xavier's school
>apocalypse finds out about xavier's powers
>wants to transfer his body into xavier in order to "be everywhere" and "be everyone"
>x-men spoil his plan
>magneto betrays him
>launches attack (his powers are fucking batshit insane)
>cyclops joins in
>xavier battles apocalypse in a mind battle at the same time
>apocalypse wins
>xavier calls out for jean
>jean KILLS it and becomes phoenix
>kills apocalypse
>after credits scene: Essex Corp
>>
>>69747509

Phoenix kills him. I literally had tears in my eyes due to waiting for that shit since X-Men 2

It was literally stolen from a comic book page
>>
What did mah boi Archangel do? Archangel as one of the 4 horsemen was his best story, although I have low hopes of seeing it here.
>>
>>69747579
Does magneto fuck shit up or fight apocalypse at any point?
>>
>>69747667

god, he was a goddamn cunt. no sign of good in him

shitbag of a character and just pure evil. I feel like he was worse than apocalypse
>>
>>69747579
Also this xmen apocalypse where Is CABLE!!???
>>
>>69747705

oh ;_;

fuck you Singer
>>
>>69747721

And Hulk
>>
>>69747676

SPOILERS AHEAD

>he gets his powers heightened by Apocalypse so he can literally control the whole fucking planet
>starts to tear buildings on the whole planet apart
>mystique talks halfway sense into him but he doesn't stop
>later, he fucks apocalypse's shit up by firing all the garbage from kairo against apocalypse

scene was gorgeous to watch
>>
>>69747579
Same, you could tell it was coming as soon as she had that dream too, that whole final fight I was waiting for her to go full retard and nuke him
>>
>>69747667

>he fights in an east german cage fight club
>he manages to escape when mystique liberates nightcrawler
>later he's recruited by apocalypse and gets some new metal wings from him
>doesn't do anything until the end of the movie where he fights Beast and Nightcrawler
>when the X Men try to escape, he follows them and enters their plane, Jean puts the plane into a nosedive and Angel dies after Nightcrawler teleports everyone else to safety and he's left alone in the plane crashing on the ground

that's about it
>>
>>69747721

wasn't he from the future or another dimension? this has no time or dimension travel in it. no reason for cable to be in it

>>69747735

didn't like it at first but I thought the reasoning was quite fine. he was an alcoholic due to being imprisoned to fight against other mutants, treated like shit probably for most of his life. really gave him a good reason to join apocalypse IMO
>>
>>69747818

no survivors?
>>
>>69747863

yes
>>
>>69747818
How does olivia munn die?
>>
>>69747806

>Same, you could tell it was coming as soon as she had that dream too

I thought phoenix was going to be in the next movie, aliens and all that. suddenly when the scene happened, I started to lose my shit

when she caught on fire, it was the best thing ever
>>
>>69747881

she doesn't. looks back like a motherfucker as if she's going to be with sinister in the next movie. insufferable cunt
>>
>>69747881

she doesn't

Angel is the only of Apocalypse's four horsemen who dies

Storm later joins the X-Men

Magneto reconciles with Charles at the school, and then leaves
>>
>>69747881
She doesnt, she was on the plane with angel and unconscious during the final fight, she sneaks away after apocalypse dies
>>
>>69747881

she just looks towards the characters during her 3th scene in the movie with 'I will be back as a villain' eyes
>>
>>69747891
She's so overpowered though they're going to have to pull some bullshit to make anyone look like a threat against her, I mean she single handedly demolished the most powerful mutant ever in about 30 seconds the first time she ever properly used her powers
>>
>>69747862
Well in DOFP when wolverine's conciousness sent back in time while his body is being telekinetically held together, that was cable's ability with jeans help in the comics, not wolverine
>>
>>69748047

that's the fucking point of the phoenix force though. she wasn't defeated she just slept
>>
File: magneto.jpg (102 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
magneto.jpg
102 KB, 1024x687
>>69747173
why didn't they link the mutant rescue scene from Wolverine Origins to this movie. Would have made more impact.
>>
>>69747030
capeshit fans are such fucking manchildren jesus christ

truly this fanbase is equally as autistic as weebs
>>
>>69746795
An utterly mediocre film and well deserving of the reviews it got. Also why the fuck didn't apocalypse just go outside fuck everyone's shit up and go back in and transfer his body to charles Xavier. Huge fucking plotholes in this mediocre flick
>>
>>69748682

because he lets his horsemen do the dirty work you moron. also, he is impatient and wants the powers NOW but I guess you didn't notice that since you're probably an MCU drone

this movie was better than most MCU flicks, get the fuck out. it didn't deserve the mediocre reviews
>>
never truly realized this before but why the fuck does Professor X speak with a british accent if he's American?
>>
I liked Civil War more but this was still pretty good. Except for the messed up timeline stuff with Wolverine, as always.
Quicksilver was top tier.
>>
>>69748825
Why doesn't Magneto speak with a German accent?
>>
>>69748891

there is no messed up timeline stuff, the events of DOFP have created a completely new timeline in which we are now
>>
>>69749213
Isn't he a Polish Jew? Wouldn't he have a slavic accent?
>>
>>69749387
>post credits scene from DoFP completely ignored
>passage of time between movies barely acknowledged

I liked this movie a lot but it was absolutely "turn your brain off" mindless fun. Singer didn't give a shit about following the details.
>>
>>69746795
Good thread. I was about to post something similar. Although I liked BvS more, we can agree that Marvel is fucking cancer.

Fassbender, McAvoy, and Isaac delivered top notch performances. This film ties both trilogies together rather well.
>>
>>69749598
>Fassbender, McAvoy
All I care about 2bh.
Do they have good homo scenes?
>>
>>69749551
>post credits scene from DoFP completely ignored

wasn't that just a young Apocalypse building the pyramids?
>>
>>69749551

What was the post credits?
>>
>>69749661
They only speak to each other in person at the very end of the movie.
>>
>>69749728
T-thanks JLaw.
>>
Crap movie was crap.
>>
>>69749387

How is the timeline going to resolve itself with Wolverine? The Wolverine in this film got knocked out for a few days the captured (by Mystique), had his adamantium applied, escaped and then in 30 years time is going to have his mind replaced by that of the Wolverine we saw from Xmen through to DOFP?

I've not seen Apocalypse, what's the deal with Mystique taking him in and then leading the Xmen?
>>
>that scene where Apocalypse sees Phoenix in all her glory and dies in awe at having witnessed a true god

Final verdict
BvS>X-Men A>>>>CW
>>
>>69749728

Blunder of the fucking century.
>>
File: 1.jpg (60 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
60 KB, 480x726
Watching it in a few days. Hyped.

How good is it out of 10?
>>
>>69749761
Yes, JLaw has a lot of (unnecessary) focus. And even becomes the X-men trainer at the end.
Gotta cash on that Hunger Games money.
>>
>>69749598

MCU executives and MCU mainstream fanboys are trash and cancer. comicbook readers most of the time know what faults a movie has and what is good

the best discussions I had though were x-men and man of steel/BvS ones
>>
>>69750109

I'd actually go as far as saying it's a solid 8, don't even give a shit about haters. too much cgi made the movie go down in its score for me

>>69749949

even though I really liked BvS (still waiting for the whole movie to come out to make a proper opinion on it), I'd say X-Men was my favourite out of the three

civil war was executed nicely, but it was far too generic and boring in its story to win me over. also, I hated spidey (one of my favourite comic characters)
>>
>>69750152
>the best discussions I had though were x-men and man of steel/BvS ones
That's because is nothing to discuss when it comes to Marvel flicks.
>>
>>69750109
>1.jpg
>>
>>69746795
Solid 7/10.
I liked it more than I expected.
Did you get some Last Stand vibes with Jean in the final battle? Or am I over thinking it?
>>
>>69746898
>>69746921

So it's another "quicksilver has one scene, then we ignore him for the rest of the movie because he breaks the plot", the movie?
>>
>>69747112
QS is pretty op. It's nice they addressed this.
Also the leg. Didn't expect it from this film at all.
>>
>>69750846

not really, Quicksilver attacks Apocalypse but eventually gets trapped by him
>>
File: 1327352405420.png (574 KB, 689x569) Image search: [Google]
1327352405420.png
574 KB, 689x569
>this movie
>having any redeeming qualities whatsoever

fuck off shill
>>
>>69746850
>>69746976
Rotten Tomatoes scores are objective measurements of how many critics liked or disliked a movie. They cant be "justifed" or unjustified, if you disagree you're literally just saying people shouldn't like or dislike it. The only reason RT scores are posted is because people here are so devoid of individual thought the only way they can discuss movies is if they have a number to fling at each other. Get fucked if you take this shit seriously, try actually reading the reviews themselves instead of just looking at the number, you fucks.
>>
>>69748509
Escape in Origins was in a different timeline.
If it were linked to escape in this timeline it wouldn't make sense and just mess everything up.
>>
>>69746795
I wish Apocalypse had a better final battle rather than a Phoenix insta-kill

Those rapey Xiaver/Apocalypse scenes though, I can't wait for the memes for those.
>>
>>69749830
This wasn't mentioned.
I guess it will be in the next Wolverine film.
>>
>It's long been known that "X-Men: Apocalypse" marks the third and final film in the contracts signed by four of the franchise's lead actors: Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult. There's been much discussion about whether or not the quartet will return for more mutant movies following "Apocalypse." Lawrence has alternated between certainty and uncertainty before, and a new interview with Entertainment Weekly adds a new wrinkle.
>“Fassbender and McAvoy and I were all talking,” said Lawrence. “Like, ‘Will you come back?’ ‘I dunno.’ ‘I’ll come back, if you come back.’ Fox should be terrified because the deal we made was like if one of us doesn’t come back, none of us are.” The finer details of this all-or-nothing contract stipulation aren't known for sure, and it's also possible that the affable Lawrence is kidding around.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/jennifer-lawrence-says-fox-should-be-terrified-her-x-men-contract
>>
>>69751209
How bad ass was the Phoenix transformation?
>>
>>69750109
You'll enjoy it, giving it a number is very Rotten Tomatoey so I won't do it. Great wrap up for the trilogy.
Quicksilver gets more screentime and it doesn't get old, he's one of the best.
>>
File: 1379719212527.jpg (32 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
1379719212527.jpg
32 KB, 500x387
>>69746795
>talkback
Ain't it reddit news is down the hall kiddo.
>>
Hate his style or not, Synger knows how to get the 80's groove rolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg
>>
>>69747579
>Phoenix kills him

Like the actress from the originals comes back or Salsa?
>>
>>69751501
kek she realized she is expendable and no one wants her so she is attaching herself to magneto and Wheels.
>>
>>69746795
>I will never trust a review in my life
basic stuff

/tv/ is okay for the banter, but you NEVER take a recommendation or a critic from here.
>>
File: Bow Down.jpg (19 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
Bow Down.jpg
19 KB, 300x279
>>69752572
>NEVER take a recommendation or a critic from here.
Bow down to the King, pleb.
>>
>>69752807

>gave BvS a positive review

ayy lmao
>>
Rarely do this, but caught a double feature with pals
Saw Jungle Book and Xmen

Fuck Rotten Tomatoes is all I will say
>>
>>69749511

he's from the part of Poland that used to be German before WW2

"Lehnsherr" is a German last name
>>
>>69747535
>Does this mean cable will be the son of a wolverine clone and Cyclops?
>>
>>69752840
He was on spot with that one, are you a Disney shill, a brainwashed Marvelette, or simply a plebbe?
>>
>>69752930
Thanks, I googled it though. Seems he was originally made a Polish Jew in the late 80's when his backstory was created but it later got changed to a German Jew. He was also a Gypsy technically for a bit at one point.

That's comic continuity for you though.
>>
>>69747818
You forgot.
>apoc, psylocke and storm show up to get him.
>Metallica - four horsemen blaring
>>
>>69746898
>>69747030
>>69750846

i thought quicksilver died in the last xmen movie?
>>
The thing about the Quicksilver scene is that I felt it went on for way too long. After about the halfway point I started to think "alright, we get it, you're fast and you're moving stuff around to set things up so that when time starts moving normally again it'll all work out." Then it just kept going and going.
>>
>>69747676
>of a character and just pure evil.

MAGNETIC TEMPTEST
>>
>>69749676

Some goons from Essex corp collects Wolverines blood sample from the Arklay Base where they broke out from mid movie.
>>
>>69749661
>>69749728

You forgot when Charles on Cerebro tried talking Erik from joining the 4 horsemen earlier. Still not homo.
>>
any cam?
>>
>>69749830

I think they messed up on the ending of DoFP. In Apocalypse she made no contact with Wolverine through out and mid movie when Jean, Scott and Kurt were breaking everyone out from the Arklay base, they just let loose Weapon X Wolverine.
>>
>>69746795
FOX CONTROL DAMAGE
>>
>>69748825
Why does a paraplegic need combat boots and knee pads?
>>
>>69750846

He has more screen time and development here. He saves everyone in the school except for Havok before it explodes. He's still at odds with admitting to Erik he's his son in the third act. And he takes a stab at Apoc but gets his leg trapped and broken.
>>
>>69753607

GRABBITY SQUEEZE
>>
>>69753910
That sucks. The homo chemistry was strong in First Class.
>>
>>69746795
Deadpool cameo?
>>
Does Quicksilver finally become a villian in this movie like he's suppose to be?
>>
>>69754463

No.
>>
>>69749830
>The Wolverine in this film got knocked out for a few days the captured (by Mystique), had his adamantium applied, escaped and then in 30 years time is going to have his mind replaced by that of the Wolverine we saw from Xmen through to DOFP?

pretty much what you said. he escapes from stryker in the movie. he will develop his own personality, will have his own adventures but "original" wolverine's mind will return to his body, (possibly) replacing them anyway.

its interesting though. he'll be the only person that knows the original timeline and their supposed conversation at the end of dofp could be very nice.

>I've not seen Apocalypse, what's the deal with Mystique taking him in and then leading the Xmen?

we dont know. film treats it like it was stryker who took logan from the river at the end of dofp, not mystique. mystique never recalls wolverine and they do not make contact. jean restores some part of him though, and comments that "they erased his memories", referencing weapon x program.
>>
>>69754458
nope, none. film entirely takes place in the '80s.
>>
>>69751501
She just needs to fuck off. Go find another blockbuster franchise to go to for the easy paycheck. You can still do your stupid David O. Russell movies every other year instead of actually trying to branch out.
>>
File: Snyderfag Delusion.png (404 KB, 1898x405) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfag Delusion.png
404 KB, 1898x405
>>69750109
It was pretty bad, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it 1.jpgfag
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-19+at+09.21.08).jpg (83 KB, 628x350) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-19+at+09.21.08).jpg
83 KB, 628x350
>>
If I'm correct here's how the timeline works: First Class happens in both the original and revised timeline. The ending you see in DoFP is the revised timeline 2023, and the new movies are working their way to that ending/continuing on from it.

This means that anything post First Class is up for debate now. However, does Wolverine Origins even count as original timeline canon? It could fit around DoFP somehow, but Stryker is old in Origins, plus Wade Wilson is alive in the 70's so it doesn't make sense to include it as canon prior to DoFP anyways.
>>
>>69750109
It was ok, 7/10 at most. The real miracle is to still make a good movie with a vilain as cheesy as apocalypse
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.