[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it general consensus that Prisoner of Azkaban is the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 31
File: POA.jpg (215 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
POA.jpg
215 KB, 1920x800
Is it general consensus that Prisoner of Azkaban is the best in the series of movies? Please argue that another movie tops this one, please.
>>
>>69740905
Chamber of secrets.
>>
>>69740905
It is the best because it has the best story and characters. Haven't seen the last one though
>>
>comfiest
SS or Cos, before the movies became EDGY

>best adaptation
OotP, mostly because the book was such a shitshow
>>
>>69740905
All are shit, grow up faggot.
>>
>>69740905
its probably the shittiest in the serie
>>
I love 3 but I also love Yates'. And chamber of secrets.

3>7>6>5>2>1>8>4

>>69742716
Ootp is underrated
>>
>>69742755
Fuck off idiot. The board is infested with shit that is thousands and millions of orders worse than the hp series. The only bad film was goblet thats why normies like it.
>>
JUST
>>
>>69740905
The books get progressively worse after Prisioner of Azkaban. J.K.Rowlling selling out didn't help either, the 7th book was rushed because of the movies.
>>
File: raw-6.jpg (120 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
raw-6.jpg
120 KB, 1920x800
>>69742820
Congradulations, YOU have the worst taste on /tv/! Click here to claim your prize.
>>
>>69742716
that's my favorite of the books, fuck you
>>
>>69743030
>4
>better than 5, 6 and 7
>6 that low 7 that low
What are you thinking
>>
>>69743098
I liked the book too. Its still a good adaptation considering all they had to trim and the film still works very well. I wish they didn't cut 30 min though inculding the brain scene.
>>
File: junior.png (87 KB, 714x810) Image search: [Google]
junior.png
87 KB, 714x810
First HP makes me feel very sad that I can't even completely watch it. It just gives me feels, reminds me how I grew up with the cast, I just feel myself close to them somehow. I regret my life, I wish I could stay as a child with no troubles.
>>
>>69743174
>6 that low 7 that low
>What are you thinking

He's probably thinking he didn't like Twilight-esque tween trash in his HP flicks. That's what I thought, anyway.
>>
>>69743240
>twilight
Wow what a fucked up view. It bares no semblence to the shit that is twilight. What is a films worth if it doesn't have character drama and progression

7.1 is absolute high cinema
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGH9OlTVoQA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfuArv7A8Dc
http://www..youtube.com/watch?v=DFe0OR-Vaww
>>
>>69743235
I know that feel its probably why I watch the first and last the least amount. But I can watch the first and enjoy it, don't worry we will make it and we all went to Hogwarts.
>>
It's the best book. No use of a pure evil villain and the antagonist turns out to be good (Sirius). Snape even turns to be a 3-D character.
Lupin is great. Only weakness is the time turner.
>>
>>69743572
I start crying at where HP wears cloak of invisibility and goes to the mirror, sees himself with his parents
>>
>>69742921
>its shit but so are these other things
That's not a defense you fucking chud.
>>
File: 1420671751537.png (166 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1420671751537.png
166 KB, 400x400
The first movie is objectively the best. It had the most sets built and shot in actual interiors. Ghost and magic actually on screen. The only real glaring flaw was a few instances of cg like the first flight lesson and the troll.
>>
>>69740995
Azkababan and Goblin for Hire are best. I didnt watch the last one for years cause I didnt want it to be over.
>>
Daily reminder that the Azkaban movie is an incoherent mess without knowing the books and you all got tricked by seeing its grimdark style during your formative years
>>
File: why.png (941 KB, 770x792) Image search: [Google]
why.png
941 KB, 770x792
>>69740905

Malfoy gets a light scratch and they immediately sentence the hypogrif to death deeming it too dangerous
Yes you could argue it's because Lucius has a big influence, but even so it's fucking stupid compared to shit which happens on day to day basis to the students of hogwarts.
Pretty sure there were countless other worse injuries in the rest of the series that happened to students during class.
In chamber of secrets they made students duel each other and it was fine, don't get me started on the stupid quidditch shit, they break arms and legs all the time, they literally have a tree which tries to kill anyone who gets near it, and that fucking tree somehow is not deemed dangerous but it's instead part of hogwarts history.

The fucking guardian approval to visit that candyshop village, again you don't need the guardian approval for quidditch but you need it to visit a small village just outside hogwarts.

Why didn't Harry save Black immediately after he scared the dementors away, instead he waited for them to capture him, also nobody is fucking guarding the dangerous as fuck criminal nor the bars of the prison are somehow magically enchanted (although you could argue that was Dambldor's doing)
>>
>>69743593
The time turner isn't weak. In the books its supposed to be funny that head wizards would allow a nerd girl to use the most powerful contraption to take more classes. Its british humour.

The film abides by the novikov self consistency principle. In short buckbeak never dies bc of the time turners use there is no reality in which they dont go back in time. Harry produces a powerful patronus because he knows he had already done it in the past even though he hadn't yet in the present. They aalways saved buckbeak even before he went back in time bc that's how time travel worls there was no alternate reality. For the time turners brief use this is accurate
>>
if the only thing which can destroy horocruxes is a basilisk tooth and grfindors sword, why didn't harry explore into a million pieces when the basalisk bit him in chamber of secrets
>>
>>69740905
The bus scene in Azkaban is the best part of the whole series because it's the only thing that does something interesting that couldn't be done in a book. It has a lot of speed and rhythm and an intoxicating excitement.
>>
>>69743917
>stab horcrux with a basilisk fang
>it explores
>>
>>69743704
Its a fantasic series. Goblet is the only poorly made film. Youre an outlier. Ive seen thousands of films and ive seen lots of shit therefore hp is not shit at all.
>>
>>69740905
snape best character

7 weakest film by far
5 good for banter
4 lots of action
1 COMFY
2 SCARY
>>
File: 1445701906636.jpg (1 MB, 1596x2850) Image search: [Google]
1445701906636.jpg
1 MB, 1596x2850
Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>69743981
>snape best character
Dumbledore being all Machiavellian and shit and dangling harry's life out there just to test his theories and ideas was next level. Just a shame he ended up taking pipe up the ass.
>>
>>69743903
only problem with the time turner is the obvious one of why characters wouldn't use it in so many other ways

which is why you can never bring in time travel unless the whole story is about time travel or at least try to make it as hard to use as it is in Game of Thrones (and even then we'll see)

if you just take it as a one-off joke I guess it's okay
>>
>>69743720
No. Just no. Youre wrong on everything except the ghosts and that's not a reason why its a better film than the others. The films had so many sets in them that they couldn't film the latter ones without using real castle locations for the interior.

Its down to preference sure but Colombus' are the weakest films even though chamber is pretty great. Its better than the first.
>>
>>69744020
>1984 better than brave new world

yes its bait
>>
Is this Prisoner of Azkaban is the best thing a meme

Because I don't know if any of you have watched it in the last 10 years but it has serious problems
>>
>>69743981
7 isn't the weakest you're really projecting terrible taste in cinema. 7 was perfect.
>>
5>2>1>7pt1>4>7pt2>6>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.fantastic beasts
>>
>>69743974
you spelt it wrong
explodes*

silly
silly
>>
>>69744181
it was terrible if you've read the books
>>
>>69744149
No it doesn't I think you're the one with problems I just watched it
>>
>>69744227
Jesus fucking christ no it wasn't. Of course I read the books. Films are supposed to be different for a reason they have completely different necessities and are made by different artists. That's the entire point of cinema. That films are have different styles. I love DH1
>>
>>69744261

>awkward dialogue
>poor pacing
>arguably the worst acting, can't be excused anymore as they're not 10
>massive plot holes
>>
>>69744281
Ootp is underrated as hell
>>
>>69740905
It is generally considered the best, though personally I prefer Chamber of Secrets.
>>
Half Blood Prince is the best.

Anybody who says otherwise needs to get Cuaron's dick out of their mouth.
>>
>>69744081
That's why the ministry regulates its use. You understand you have to be wearing it to use it and intend to therefore. And like I said you can't chsnge the past if it already happened, the point was Buckbeak never died. Its not like you could use it to prevent sirius' death if he died he died. Also they state that the time turners are destroyed at the ministry battle and stuck in a neverending loop of falling and smashing on the floor.

Time was a motif in poa with harrys parents and friends past and the moon, divination etc. Its fitting for the bool and film
>>
>>69744453
Lol I love 3 6 and 7. So no comment. Its hard to choose a favorite. Nice taste though
>>
>>69743981
I liked 7. I found 8 to be the worst, it's just one long battle. Like Hobbit 3
>>
>>69744578
>And like I said you can't chsnge the past if it already happened
But you can change the present.
>>
>>69743842
Lol, what are you talking about?

I take it you are younger than 20? Everyone read the books and THEN saw the films.
>>
>>69744354
>awkward dialogue
To me not much to complain about
>poorly paced
I like the pacing. It is different but it fits this entry bc its supposed to be weird.
> arguably worst acting
I dont think so. Emma was still very good. Gambon I liked a lot and lupin. Dan was the worsr but some scenes like the beginning when he aunt is trashing his parents he was really good. Rupert was fine
> plot holes
Nothing that effects the story that I could notice
>>
Half Blood Prince is the best to look at and most atmospheric. I'd get a still of Aragog's burial framed and put up on my wall if I could.
>>
>>69744791
Not by changing the past bc it would have alresdy happened. Time turners are closed loops and only able to use for 5-6 hours to prevent massive shit from happening. Plus you have to wear the time turner during the time you now need to go back in. It wiuld betoo convienent they would wear one all the time just in case.

You csnt chanfe the present by say going back in time and making sure voldemort wouldn't kill harrys parents you can't change that.
>>
>>69744909
You probably could print one out at a store that specializes in it. The stills can be found on moviescreencaps . Com or something. They have the entire film.

Also nice taste
>>
>>69744662
I felt the same about 8 but I liked it more the last time I saw it. Its just so adrenalized bc there's so much going on

7 is def better than 8 I agree its no contest.
>>
>>69740905

Books

4>7>2>1>3>6>5

Movies
3>2>1>5>6>4

Haven't watched 7 part two so can't really put in 7
>>
>>69744833

>Nothing that effects the story that I could notice

literally THE biggest complaint in the entire series, the fucking time travel fiasco
>>
File: 1435260613771.jpg (376 KB, 979x1268) Image search: [Google]
1435260613771.jpg
376 KB, 979x1268
>>69742921
Look at this fucking video game playing fetus

Get the fuck off of our art board you piece of imdb shit
>>
>>69745201

I bet Rowlinb figured she'd give Voldemort time travel powers too and then Harry would also go back and try stop him and then she figured it would become too Doctor Who and just scraped the idea
>>
>>69740905
IIRC it had the best art direction and served as a good transition into the later darker themes of the other books though the books were relatively "dark". It is also probably the best book in the series for many reasons listed in the thread.
>>
Phoenix is my favorite

>that dumbledore v Voldemort fight
>those visuals
>those fucking sound effects with the water

10 out of 10
>>
>>69745201
Can you read?? Big complaint from people who don't understand time travel or what it means for the film is ignorance

See >>69743903
Its annoying how i have to explain this in every thread.
>>
>>69745196
6 so low in book ?
It's only the best I mean
>>
>>69745291
Another fag who doesn't understand anything

>>69743903
>>69744578
Time is a motif in azkaban
>>
>>69745382

>Big complaint from people who don't understand time travel or what it means for the film is ignorance

explain how it isnt a plot hole lmao

>The time turner isn't weak. In the books its supposed to be funny that head wizards would allow a nerd girl to use the most powerful contraption to take more classes. Its british humour.

>it's british humour

no words

that isn't even remotely close to a reasonable explanation

how did harry save himself in the first place you dumb fucks, it's a plot hole
>>
>>69745196
7.1 and 7.2 are two dif films they don't count as one 7
>>
>>69745431

I honestly don't remember 6 that much. I think most of it is lost to me because the whole "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE"
I remember I liked it much more than 5 though
So maybe I'd say 6>>>5
>>
>>69745382
Isn't it just more reasonable to assume you can only go back an hour or two with the time turner?
>>
>>69745522
Holy fuck you're literally retarded. Take a physics class with general relativity and get an education and then come back to me. It makes sense sorry you have none.

Its a closed loop. Harry saves himself because he went back in time. He always saved himself. He saw himself save himself before he went back in time. So in the present he saves himself and tohim does so brillaintly bc he had already done it.Buckbeak never died
>>
Chamber of Secrets is the best film
>>
>>69745770

there has to be a first time he saves himself but that can't happen
>>
>>69745541
kill yourself
>>
i liked the harry potter world stuff a lot more than the actual driving plot
i remember being very upset when prisoner of azkaban came out and they cut basically all of the quidditch and hogsmeade stuff which were my favorite parts
>>
>>69745605
Dumbledore tells hermione how many turns(hours) to use. They can be used for 5-6 hours max apparently
>>
File: 1414026409597.jpg (18 KB, 342x359) Image search: [Google]
1414026409597.jpg
18 KB, 342x359
>>69745770
>Take a physics class with general relativity and get an education and then come back to me.
bill nye the science guy over here
>>
>>69745819
That's what's confusing you. Look up the novikov self consistency principle. Of course this is all theoretical but no he saves himself only but bc of his point of view and role in time traveling it happens more than once.

He was time traveling simultaneously as they existed before he time traveled. It sounds weird but that's how it wouls go if you briefly went back in time
>>
>>69745993

you're talking shit i will knock you out you fucking nerd

bash the nerd
>>
>>69745934
Or read on the internet and dont complain about not getting something
>>
Some of you guys are so retarded. Can't watch
anything that aint 'deeper' than the mariana trench
without trash talking it. Learn to chill.
>>
>>69745819
He saves himself from our point of view at the end of the film. But even harry knows hehad already done it since he had been saved in his past and the now future present :p.
>>
File: 1382135389658.png (632 KB, 797x1127) Image search: [Google]
1382135389658.png
632 KB, 797x1127
>tfw fan fiction anon is gone

RIP in piece
>>
>>69740905
The order of the Phoenix is the worst movie by far.

They gutted the plot, literally only 1/4 scenes where in the movie.
>>
>>69746037
Lol wut

See>>69746161
The same applies to buckbeak. They don't prevent buckbeak from dying. He never dies bc theres no reality when they didn't go bsck in time
>>
>>69746276
Nothing important happened in the book, so excluding 3/4 of it in the movie was an improvement
>>
>harry saves himself in the original timeline so he always saves himself from then on

doesnt make sense

how can harry in the original timeline, the very first save himself without there being a timeline before the original where he saves himself
>>
>>69746401
>Harry having received Sirius's letters is omitted from the film, and therefore are not shown to be in Harry's possession at the Dursley home.

>The book also claims that Dudley had smoked cigarettes on street corners. As it would be illegal for Harry Melling to have smoked during the film's production, nor would it be healthy for this to have happened, this is omitted from the film and there is no reference to it.

>In the book, after Harry explains how Dudley was attacked by a Dementor, and Vernon asks what that is, Petunia blurts out the explanation, leading both Harry and Vernon to wonder how she knows this. This is nowhere in evidence in the film, and some plot points in Deathly Hallows may be confusing if filmed as a result.

This is only chapter 1 of the book
>>
>>69740905

7.1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 7.2 > 6

Any other order means you have shit taste and you did not read the books.
>>
>>69746276
Order of the Phoenix is my favorite. Going into the movie I had really low expectations because the previous two had deviated so much from the source material, plus the fifth book is the largest in the series, but I was surprised how much they were able to fit in it. I really though they were going to cut Dumbledore's Army, Grawp, Threstals, and even Luna Lovegood. Plus the scene where Sirius and Harry are talking about light and darkness is the best scene in the series imo.
>>
>>69746401
>Petunia also receives a howler from Albus Dumbledore telling her to "remember his last" which means his previous letter he sent her 14 years ago.

>Tonks' status as a Metamorphmagus is never even discussed in the film, though her hair does turn red when Mad-eye calls her by her first name. She starts changing her nose at the dinner table without any real explanation of her powers.

>>69746658

>Percy Weasley's standing with the Ministry of Magic is sudden and unexplained, and there is no mention of him disowning his family when he chose to support the Ministry. This creates a large plot hole in the film due to his disposition towards Harry being unexplained, making it confusing for the viewers who did not read the book.

>Dobby the house elf, along with original member of the Order of the Phoenix Mundungus Fletcher are not featured in the film. Neville seems to serve as a replacement character for Dobby.
>>
>>69746494
You're not making sense. There is not original and alternative timeline. Theres only one timeline. Closed loop.

>>69746536
All of that stuff doesn't matter and has no bearing. Stop thinking about the books when you watch the movies. The movies and ootp are their own. Ootp has everything it needs to work on its own
>>
>>69746766
Wow its fucking nothing.

Stop copypasting shit from the books. The film works and executes
>>
>>69746625
I really enjoy 6 and 5 but I still think thats a very nice ranking. Dh1 is misunderstood for some reason its a fantastic film and adaptation.
>>
>>69746775
>>69746826
>During the hearing in the book, Cornelius Fudge's line "Laws can be changed" is said after Dumbledore says that the Ministry does not have the power to expel Hogwarts students nor confiscate wands. In the film a similar line "Laws can be changed if necessary, Dumbledore" was used after Dumbledore mentions that magic may be used before Muggles in life-threatening situations, thus the film portrays him as a tyrant.

>In the book, there is a scene during the party at 12 Grimmauld Place where we see Mrs Weasley attempting to excise a Boggart from one of the dressers upstairs. Therefore, it is not revealed that Mrs. Weasley's worst fear is that her family (and Harry) will die.

These are not slight changes, these are major ommissions. the Order movie should have been 2 seperate movies the Order part 1 and the Order part 2
>>
>>69746536
>what are fake cigarettes
>>
>>69740905
Better plot than the first two and more world building, but comfier and less dark than the later movies. I'd place it as tied with the first movie for best. The first movie had the more childish plot, but captured the wonderment, magic, and excitement better than any of the other movies. It's the one that makes you fall in love with the whole franchise, really.

Can we also all agree the second movie was the worst?
>>
>>69746766
Those are just pointless details which aren't really necessary in order to tell the whole story. The movies are and adaptation from the books, of course they're not going to include every single minor detail that is in the books.
>>
>>69746954
I don't disagree they should have done it. But it might not have made two good movies. I wish they didn't cut the brain scene or the other stuff they filmed from thefinal cut
But the film gets everything across from the book it needed to. Themeatically its very well done and satisfying. The possession scene was brilliant and very emotional
>>
>>69746878
Could not stand 6. Movie tries to be funny and lovey dovey shit even though Voldemort just returned. Also they kind of butchered Dumbledore's death scene. Dumbledore was calm as the sea during the whole encounter, even when the Death Eaters joined Draco. And did Draco even expelliarmus Dumbledore in the movie? Also why the fuck could they not add Harry getting petrificus totalus'd by Dumbledore. There's a reason why Harry did not do anything to help Dumbledore during the encounter, even if it meant his death.

5 was alright. It's hard filtering important stuff of 1k+ pages into those 2 hours but they did an alright job. But they did skip a lot of shit which happened in the Ministerium and they really should have added the St. Mungo scene between Neville and his parents.
>>
I think we can all agree
>>
i am GLAD that much of the middle parts of order of the phoenix were glossed over in the film, i think the 5th book dragged on too long

however i really think they missed some opportunities for brilliant cinema in the department of mysteries. they only showed like two rooms of the most fascinating setting in all of the harry potter universe

anyway rankings:

Books:

4>1=2=3>6=7>5

Movies:

3>1=2>8=7=6>5>4
>>
File: Dolores_Jane_Umbridge.jpg (369 KB, 864x1153) Image search: [Google]
Dolores_Jane_Umbridge.jpg
369 KB, 864x1153
>>69746658
Plus they absolutely nailed Umbridge. Imagine how much of a shitshow it would have been if they hadn't.
>>
>>69747202
>not killing tax evaders
Get your priorities in order
>>
>>69747084
Some people in fact a lot think 2 is the best. I like it a lot. It was the worst recieved critically. But I think the worst are 1 or 4 depending on your taste. I'd say 4
>>
>>69747103

>Ron, and Hermione, Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson, Ernie Macmillan, Hannah Abbott, Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil do not become prefects.

>When Harry, Ron, and Hermione first see a Thestral, Neville is with them. Neville shows no sign of being able to see the Thestral even though he can see Thestrals in the books.

Also, in the novel, Umbridge asks the students whether they all have a copy of the textbook they need (Defensive Magical Theory), they don't reply 'yes' or 'no', to which Umbridge wants them to reply "Yes, Professor Umbridge" or "No, Professor Umbridge", to which she tries again and the students answer "Yes, Professor Umbridge". This is omitted from the film, as it is different: The textbooks are located as a pile on the class's front desk and Umbridge levitates them to every student at each desk.

>Harry is seen in only one detention. The rest of his detentions are omitted.

>The Quidditch season is removed entirely from the film

>Sirius visiting the trio through the fire in the Gryffindor Common Room, when Umbridge's hand comes through was also cut from the film.
>>
>>69747182
You know what, I originally placed 2 as worst movie, but I think you're right, six butchered and left out too many really important things from the book. I guess I just found 2 so boring that I still managed to enjoy 6 more despite it's glaring flaws.

What about the books, btw? I think I liked Goblet of Fire the least. Hard for me to pick a favorite book. Maybe Half Blood Prince.
>>
>>69747127
>Parvati Patil is a Gryffindor, and Padma Patil is a Ravenclaw, but in the film the two twins are from Gryffindor.

>In the film, Neville Longbottom discovers the Room of Requirement accidentally when walking past. In the novel, Dobby tells Harry where it is.

>During the D.A. meetings, members used Levicorpus fully, although it was only introduced in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
LOL they introduced Levicorpus before Harry even recovered tom riddles diary! what were they thinking? Where they on drugs?
>>
can we all agree that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the best book in the series

not without flaws, the friend-to-friend teen drama is without a doubt the part of the books i like the least and goblet of fire has quite a bit of ron drama and hermione drama

but other than that, the goblet of fire is incredible. i think the foreshadowing and mystery is so well done. the creepy behavior of mr crouch, the poor house elf winky
>>
>>69747374
Harry Potter and the Detention Simulator Film
>>
>>69747182
Imo hbp did a great job. I love the tone and the humor mixed with the dreariness. I thiught so at first abiut his death but on rewatches I like it. The point was harry see s snape beforehand and thinks he's going ti help. After dumbledore dies harry slams into somethinf behind him as he leaves bc he is in shock and his spatial awareness is shit. It was a nice subtle touch. I like hbp more everytime I watch it
>>
>>69747302
Agreed, she was fantastic. Order of the Pheonix wasn't my favorite of the books or the movies, but it was one of the better books, and the movie portrayed it pretty well.
>>
>>69747453
Sorry I meant Snakes Diary
>>
>>69747325
The special effects were awful for starters.
>>
>>69746766
>>69746954
>>69747374
If they had included everything you are saying this would've been a fucking 10 hour long film, and even then I'm sure people like you would still be complaining details that the movies missed
>>
File: 1461399903786-2-1.jpg (635 KB, 1951x2850) Image search: [Google]
1461399903786-2-1.jpg
635 KB, 1951x2850
>>69747202
No ill marry emma and fuck her
>>
>>69747374
>The Quidditch season is removed entirely from the film
Quidditch served no purpose after book/movie 2
>>
>>69746954
>>69746766
>>69747374

>top speed autism
>>
>>69745249
>that pic

Call me dumb but I'd genuinely rather watch harry potter
>>
>>69747467
Yea that's probably why its the worst film. So much potential
>>
>>69747600
Its bait. Potter is great there's nothing wrong with wanting to watch it
>>
>>69740905
No because they start pushing wannabe normie attitude. Instead of robes they wear normal clothes through all movie. It was shit and really disappointing. 1/10
>>
>>69744020
copy lasagna
>>
>>69747377
What six butchered it adds on its own. Theres lots to like about how Yates did it. It did not do a disservice to the book its directed with confidence
>>
>>69747202
Wouldn't recommend it, fammy
>>
>>69747540
>>69747591
>All scenes regarding St. Mungo's are omitted.the re-appearance of Gilderoy Lockhart and appearance of Neville's parents are also omitted.

>Harry's date with Cho Chang in Hogsmeade is omitted.

>Rita Skeeter was also omitted from the film.

>In the film, Harry does not see Snape's father, Tobias yelling at Snape's mother, Eileen Prince, while a young Severus Snape is seen crying in the corner.

>The Centaur Firenze is ommitted

>In the novel, Dumbledore's Army is discovered because Marietta Edgecombe, a member and a friend of Cho Chang, tattled to Umbridge. In the film, Cho is duped into revealing the truth via Veritaserum as the existence of Marietta was removed entirely.
>>
>>69740905
Best movie? Yeah. It's probably the one that was adapted the best.

Best book? Nah. It's pretty boring compared to the others IMO.

Also introduces the biggest plothole in the series: time-turners
>>
>>69740905

Books

3=6>1>7>4>2>5

Movies

3>5>1>2>4>7.2>6>7.1

Movies really fucked up. The way information was omitted and the way they decided to focus on Harry instead of on the important stuff still pisses me off.

Don't get me wrong... i understand that why they did it that way. I understand it's a business, i understand there is star positioning, i understand the need of keeping the cast on contract and all that but it really fucked up the story. That's all i am saying. Some really important stuff is never explained on the movies like Voldemort's past, Dumbledore and Grindewald... even James, Lily and Snape are only marginally explained and shown.

One good thing about the movies was the original cast though... original Dumbledore was great and Alan Rickman was spot on.
>>
>>69747670
Literally a fucking nerd. They wear their clothes in school a ton in 3 4 5 and 6. You're autistic if it bothers you. The cover of azkaban book has harry in jeans and adidas.

The costumes looked great. Half bloods and muggleborns would wear normal clothe ajd the weasleys wore them in the first two movies.

Wah wah wah that's you
>>
>>69747875
Its not a plothole. Read the thread
>>
>>69747905
how do you actually place 7.2 above 7.1

>no talk between dumbledore and harry about the deathly hallows

>barely any mention of grindelwald

>you don't learn shit about dumbledore's past and his time as a teenager

>don't even mention dumbledore's big plan or how the elder wand's real posession went over to harry

no, instead we get harry and voldemort flying for 5 minutes and instead of using spells they punch each other.
>>
>>69747905
Shit taste stop acting high and mighty. If you dont like 7.1 you're a pleb. We've established its patrician
>>
>>69747929
It's not consistent. A ton of the chapter drawings always show them wearing robes. Like the Department of Mystery chapters. In the movie, they went in normal clothes though.
>>
>>69747832
her and ginny used to be so hot...
>>
File: 1408288193349.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1408288193349.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>69740905
>general consensus
>>
>>69740905
I liked the first one the best,there are many things about PoA that annoy me.

Like how everything is gray, that talking shrunken head, how it's slapsticky a lot of the time, those gray washed out colors, their retarded outfits, and how they don't explain anything at the end of the movie
>>
>>69748023
You're autistic or a nitpicking bitch. Zero problem with it
>>
>>69747905
Agreed. But on the other hand the movies leave a lot for movie fans to get excited about if they read the books. Some of the backstory stuff that got left out really did bug me, though, because it was really important world building and important to fleshing out the villain.

The worst thing about the movies is Voldemort. He was only scary in the first movie. After that he was just this cartoony looking looser and his cruelty and brutality was really watered down in the movies 'because they are kid's movies'. I'm sick of visual media having to shelter children because some sanctimommy might have a fit if her little angel cries for five seconds or god forbid has a bad dream. Movie Voldemort was utter trash outshined by his deatheaters.
>>
>>69745249
made me tip it
>>
Why is the fourth movie so hated? I know it was awkwardly written at parts but the tournament sequences were fun, and it balanced light and grimdark pretty well.
>>
File: 1460658365884.jpg (99 KB, 1280x480) Image search: [Google]
1460658365884.jpg
99 KB, 1280x480
>>69748196
> everything is gray
Either your eyes or your tv is fucked up
>>
For more mistakes the Order movie made, look here:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Order_of_the_Phoenix_(film)#Differences_between_book_and_film
>>
>>69747929
You don't sound like you've read the books. Wizards have a tendency to use muggle clothing incorrectly, and in school the kids wore their uniforms a lot, especially during class. Yes, we all know about the shitty looking cover art.

Wizards in their own society don't dress the same as muggles at all. They have their own styles of dress with a bit of muggle cloths mixed in here and there. The movies really got increasingly bad about just putting everyone in normal muggle clothing.
>>
>>69748254
The direction was subpar compared to before and after. It seemed too much like a gladiator contest than a tournament. They butchered the third task even though I admit I likehow it looked on film
>>
>>69747999

I know but consider the following...

> 7.1 is about Harry, Ron and Hermione camping without learning anything from Dumbledore's past either

> Ron delusions about Harry nailing Hermione because producers wanted the Twilight audience

They took two movies and explained nothing despise the "are you sure you knew Dumbledore?" at the beginning... but despise that and despise ruining the ending at least 7.2 had some more variation to it and Rickman delivered on Snape's death so that at the very least puts it above 7.1 for me.

They ruined the 6th one too... the book was all about Voldemort, it was great to get more insight on everything and the mood was as dark as HP gets... and the movie was pretty much a comedy about teenagers love triangles and potions. Fuck.
>>
>>69748370
Dude shut the fuck up about the books. Film is film. Of course ive read them.

The films are differently inherently. You shouldn't compare them. They either exist as their own or as a conpliment to the books they have bo purpose being torn aparet and conpared.
>>
>>69748424
> the book
> the book

Shut the fuck up the films work perfectly on their own
>>
1 is the best and also the only good one. spielberg should have just put this whole series into 1 movie
>>
>>69748564
Rowling wanted gilliam to direct the first and the studio declined

Speilberg would have been a bad choice. Only liking the first is horrible taste
>>
>>69748214
>Agreed. But on the other hand the movies leave a lot for movie fans to get excited about if they read the books. Some of the backstory stuff that got left out really did bug me, though, because it was really important world building and important to fleshing out the villain.

Yes, i suppose that if someone watches the movies before reading the books that person would be pleasantly surprised by the content but for me there are things that are extra content and stuff that was a must include...

Like say... they never explain on the third movie about the animagus and it was important because knowing so explained WHY Harry thought it was his father the one who saved them, WHY was his patronus a stag, HOW wormtail got away with betrayal, WHO created the marauder's map and for what...

Not to mention all the stuff about Voldemort and Dumbledore. They took all the core elements from those books and that resulted on the worse movies.
>>
File: 1387145079776.jpg (26 KB, 337x425) Image search: [Google]
1387145079776.jpg
26 KB, 337x425
>>69740905
Azkaban is pure kino

>It's gonna be a BUMPY RIDE
>>
File: 1460659126757.jpg (93 KB, 1280x480) Image search: [Google]
1460659126757.jpg
93 KB, 1280x480
>>69748780
RARE EMMA
A
R
E
>>
>>69748516

No, that's the problem. They leave information out and there are parts that just don't make sense without what's left out.

The last 3 movies are specially bad and dysfunctional because of what's left out.
>>
File: 1387144874758.jpg (306 KB, 1384x2100) Image search: [Google]
1387144874758.jpg
306 KB, 1384x2100
>>69748864
>>
>>69748875
No they aren't they have a different centric
Narrative. If you've read the books you should have no issue at all. They are directed extremely well

Look I know its jarring but 6 and 7.1 are perfect films
>>
>>69748684
of course she would (politics). gilliam is awful, and u kno his don quixote film will be shit.

spielberg couldve made a decent film & itd fasure have some better acting. 1 & 2 are the only fun ones
>>
How will the new book be handled, I wonder? Will the old cast come back for the film adaptation?
>>
>>69749106
no amount of money could bring radcliffe or watson back
>>
I judge the movies by how fuckable Emma Watson is in them, so 3 or 4 is my favorite.
>>
>>69749004
The acting was great in the latter ones except 4. 3 5 6 and 7.1 are better than 1 and 2 no question, and i love 2. better acted, directed and shot.

The first two are like kids films and fun bc thats how they were supposed to be. The others are intentionally different bc of the story
>>
File: 1462681073543.jpg (843 KB, 2100x1401) Image search: [Google]
1462681073543.jpg
843 KB, 2100x1401
>>69749233
She's an absolute smokeshow when she's 18 in hbp and 19 in dh1. Not saying she isn't in 3 4 but she looks great in the others too
>>
>>69749233
If that's the metric we're going by, then Sorcerer's Stone is obviously the best.
>>
File: 1462681135814.jpg (162 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1462681135814.jpg
162 KB, 1920x800
>>
File: 1462681197373.jpg (73 KB, 1312x547) Image search: [Google]
1462681197373.jpg
73 KB, 1312x547
>>
File: 1462681259305.jpg (154 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1462681259305.jpg
154 KB, 1920x800
>>
File: disgusted man.png (87 KB, 268x325) Image search: [Google]
disgusted man.png
87 KB, 268x325
>>69745249
>frank
>inherent vice
>>
>>69749322
She was still pretty qt when I saw her in Noah, haven't seen her since.
>>
>>69749352
She looks eerily the same now as she did then tobequitehonest its like witchcraft

>>69748975
>>
File: 1463124538839.jpg (706 KB, 1200x1784) Image search: [Google]
1463124538839.jpg
706 KB, 1200x1784
>>69749541
Look how similar she looks
>>
>>69749246
the acting wasnt great in any, especially not the main 3 characters. 1 had the best direction and t bh the best script, it was more unique & more like classic hollywood (thanks columbus).

yea the first 2 were p good kids films, the later ones were p bad young adult films.
>>
>>69749533
She still is..
>>69749541
>>69749595
And go watch Colonia she's great in it and hot
>>
>>69745249
I would rather watch milk go bad than watch Incoherent Plot again.
>>
>>69749631
They were critically praised for their acting in Yates' you're wrong. Just stop.
>>
>>69749729
the wine lodge?
>>
>>69749631
Dumbass emma killed it. The same screenwriter did them all except ootp. Really really lmao at you thinking 1 had the best direction and script. That's hilarious. You know nothing of film if you think Columbus was the best director.
>>
File: Image.png (505 B, 59x23) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
505 B, 59x23
>>69749650
Is Colonia intended as a movie for ants, or is it so bad that nobody bothered ripping it?
>>
>>69749796
emma watson has overracted in everything she's been in u palooka. and columbus was the only filmmaker with mojo to approach the series
>>
>>69749818
Its gotten takedown bc its still in theaters vod and such and not on bluray. It was actually good. Its a german french made film that didn't get much distribution. Based bruhl and watson are great
>>
>>69749893
You sound like an ignorant fool. Emma has great comedic timing she was hilarioua in the bling ring and has a good ameridan accent. She can cry like a champ and has good dramatic chops. She was very good inhalf blood prince and deathly hallows was amazing. You don't know anything.

And those who only like Columbus' have shit kid taste
>>
>>69749893
She doesn't overact. You think that because you only watch the first two and she was directed to act out like that. Even 2 she improved over 1. Besides goblet which everyone wss directed badly she was quite good.
>>
>>69749818
I snagged a 1080p copy weeks ago. Theyve been deleting torrents.
>>
>>69750053
watch yr mouth

emma watson went from being annoying to boring as she got older imo, still probably better than radcliffe and grint thou

columbus is generally a p bad director but he does get it right sometimes - his problem is the same as gilliams, theyre probably the only two directors in hollywood who dont prioritize what the actors are doing on screen
>>
>>69750136
jus never really thought of her as much of an actress, she was like ingrid bergman, just barely able to get through a scene
>>
>>69750343
I didn't find her boring. She was the refreshing one.
>>
>>69749595
DELETE THIS!!
>>
>>69750588
she's p cute most of the time but im sleep
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGH9OlTVoQA
>>69750582
Idk what you're talking about she always impressed me. She can hold her own just fine she's a good actress. It was apparent when she was young and thoughout the series later on

>>
>>69750754
That might be a personal problem.
>>
>>69750881
she & every british actress can't get these subtle emotional scenes right (except carey mulligan)

whateva i dont even care if u think emma's a good actor but philosophers stone is tha best harry potter
>>
>>69750582
Except they called her one take watson bc she would nail it.
>>
>>69750944
unlikely im basically the perfect image of mankind
>>
>>69750993
She can get subtle emotions right....she does them very well. Rewatch the movies. Carry mulligan is ugh
>>
>>69751022
yea and the beatles wrote their songs in days but they're still bad
>>
>>69751092
Please go to bed
>>
>>69751062
im not gonna rewatch the films, im a grown ass man. & carey mulligan fine af bruh bruh
>>
>>69750993
You can't into film 1 is one if the worst
>>
>>69751142
git gud lmao
>>
>>69751184
nah 1 is the only good one and desu i admire it; a very well put-together piece of schwarmerei
>>
>>69751167
I know bro you despise good filmmaking. Go watch drive again.
>>
>>69751300
drive was p good, she was good in shame too
>>
>>69746235
Good, he was annoying
>>
File: 1462863979690.jpg (595 KB, 1200x696) Image search: [Google]
1462863979690.jpg
595 KB, 1200x696
>>
File: 1462013610232-1.jpg (729 KB, 1200x696) Image search: [Google]
1462013610232-1.jpg
729 KB, 1200x696
>>
File: raw-5.jpg (971 KB, 1200x696) Image search: [Google]
raw-5.jpg
971 KB, 1200x696
>>
>>69743235
kill yourself pathetic cuck
>>
>>69748975
That Emma is so rare its considered kino in 37 states and illegal in 10 countries.
>>
>>69748981

Not by a long shot. Let's play a game and pretend there is no source material for those movies then and that they had to invent everything since we can't evaluate the movies as adaptations.

What are those movies about? Let's begin with the sixth movie. Despise the title the movie is not about the half blood prince which is hardly relevant but more about Harry getting the potion from Slughorn right?
If you break it up, on the movie the only relevant porpoise of the book is giving Harry the edge to win de felix felixis at the begining of the movie that he will then end up using to finally discover what was on that memory. He will then go to Dumbledore and the horrorcrux plot will be revealed without explaining absolutely nothing about the relevance of the objects selected nor why was this so important for Volvemort to become the greatest wizard of all time and conquer death.
I call that a flaw right there so away goes perfection.
Let's focus on Ron and Rumilda's love instead and fill the movie with unnecessary scenes that add NOTHING to the plot. So, there is another error right there so assuming everything else about the movie was perfect, which is not, it's already an 8/10 (also not)

Now lets talk about 7.1... what's that movie about? It's about fullfilling Dumbledore's plan, finding the horrorcruxes and destroying them.
Except it isn't because they only find one and then they are captured.
The party does so without ever questioning Dumbledore even though the movie actually addresses the subject of actually knowing nothing about him at the beginning of itself.
Additionally the deathly hallows never constitute an object the party is interested in, they go, visit Luna's father, ask about it, have that really lovely animation about them and then? back to hunting horrorcruxes while on the run... till capture, till they escape.

So basically the movie adds no information, no change of paradigm, no character growth, nothing. far from perfect.
>>
>>69752782
Nope 7.1 is about the struggles of coping with being isolated and on the run while magic provides little consolation because society has erode. Its very much about harry ron and hermione. And in the end dobby too bc he's a friend.

All you said was rambling. Theres intent in the direction of the films and they were executed very well.
>>
>>69752782
HBP is about hogwarts as much as the characters ita dark and forboding nature goes along with what's to come. No its not a happy ending. The castle is very much a main character. Things get darker and the characters are swallowed by the halls of the castle in times of stress. Nothing is certain
>>
https://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/proof-that-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-had-the-mo
>inb4 buzzfeed
This article isn't bad
>>
>>69745249
>No Pompeii
0/10
>>
>>69742716
>Book 5
>shitshow

This fucker.
>>
>>69752956

Never said there was no intent but a character's nature, even on inner conflicts, is revealed by their actions and externalization.

Maybe the movie is meant to be that, which is a weird choice on a blockbuster saga with already established characters and whatnot since it really has nothing to do with anything and alienation produce no change on the context.

To me it doesn't work in context and i don't think the cast had the proficiency to pull it of but i can respect that perspective about it (even though it has little to nothing to do with HP so i really can't share that opinion)

>>69753059

Now who is rambling? The movie was a romantic comedy and suddenly it becomes ominous.
>>
>>69754919
That wasn't rambling it was two lines of text. Yea there's a duality of comedy and drama. Like you know the arts it melds seemlessly. Its comfy af.

Nothing wrong with the film.
>>
>>69754919
The cast pulled it off. Its very touching. DH1allowed the characters to breath and shine without hogwarts and all the bustle. How you wouldnt want a film like DH1 in a series idk it sets up the finale and brings you right with the characters. Not HP? Idk what you mean by that it made me more invested in the story than the books ever did. Yates directs to the emotions of the scenes and is very much character driven. The acting was great from dan and emma especially. It was the film that embodied everything theyve been through and everything they were still risking to do and overcome. How is it not HP. It nailed the corrupt ministry and society during dark times as well as the trials the characters have to face on their own.

Harry and hermiones dance is meloncholy and happy. He sees his friend is depressed and tries to cheer her up bc she's always been there for him and he wants to be there for her. But he cant cheer her up he's the reason him and his friends are in danger. He can only cheer her up for a minute before reality sets back in, they are not safe and shes willing to die for him and his cause. Harry is distraught. He wants it to end sothey can live happily
>>
>>69753059
Yeah that greyscale was so ominious and spooky. The other guy is right, it was a romantic comedy/ twilight shitfest. I expected so much better since hbp is probably the best book in the series, but they cut and added so much shit to it. Also the way they handled dumbledores death was cringeworthy.
>>
>>69755861
You have shit taste and less analytical skils than buzzfeed. Fuck off. I dont care what you think frankly, lots of people appreciate HBP and did so ITT. The climax was great you're triggered by different things. Comparing it to twilight is grounds for killing yourself. Its okay if you dont like it but sprouting that ignorant bs is fucking despicable.
>>
>>69755861
Critics and audiences disagree. If you dont like delbonnel leave tv
>>
>>69756087
it was right in the middle of that twilight craze so they needed to add a dramedy subplot . why do you think they recasted lavender brown?
>>
>>69756544
Whyd they recast the nigger for actress? HP was pandering to the twilight auidience and advertized it as such?
Kys im not wasting anymore of my time on your stupidity.
>>
>>69755114

But it's not supposed to. A mix of contradictions on the second plot point of a saga is a terrible idea. It fails to set the correct tone.

>>69755817

First it was the absence of society and the solitude and isolation and now it nails society behavior during dark times? I don't think it nailed either.

Also what it made you feel is completely personal, it resonated with you or whatever. I respect that... but it's not inherent to the actions depicted on the movie.

Also don't bring the books up. We are pretending there is no source here so we can't evaluate them as adaptations.
>>
>>69756789
Back to buzzfeed with you
>>
>>69756818
> its not supposed to
Okay mr director
> it fails to set the correct tone
For you. I love the tone. I bask in the tone. The tone was glorious. I kid you not I appreciate it more everytime I watch it and gain something from it
>>
>>69757125
Says the faggot who is reminded of twilight when watching unfiltered kino.
>>
>>69755861

>I expected so much better since hbp is probably the best book in the series

Right? i mean the book was practically a mystery. And discovering who the half blood prince was paramount... to discover it was Snape and not Voldemort made the whole "i am the half blood prince" thing more meaningful and dramatic. Not to mention it really played with hating Snape vs trusting Dumbledore without giving any definitive answer.
The little romance there was it was really subtle and Pyrrhic because Harry finally seems like he is getting Ginny but they can't be together.

And then the movie was a romantic comedy about Harry getting the memory from Slughorn.

Sigh...
>>
>>69756087

> Actually liking the movies more than the books
> Calling anyone taste shit after admitting so

jajajaaj i just can't take you seriously now.
>>
File: 1463365970294.webm (655 KB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463365970294.webm
655 KB, 640x266
>>69747202
>hate fuck emma

no no no anon your doing it all wrong.

>marry emma (h8 fuk, love fuk, sweet fuk all you want)
>hatefuk chochang for betraying the order
>haveweird kinky sex with luna because luna
>>
2>the rest
in any and all senses
>>
>>69757408
I don't think youve seen romantic comedies. It was entirely realistic and enforced the fact and theme that wizards are in fact homo sapiens. The cave was a sex scene ill give you that becsuse it was hot cold sweaty dirty loving mess of brilliant filmmaking.
>>
>>69743842
This, they did a shit job of portraying the book, which was the best of the series along with 6. I think Goblet of Fire was the best movie, only patricians know this
>>
>>69757506
Think i give a fuck you cant analyse film? Think again.
>>
>>69757738
Wow. Just wow. I didn't think it was possible. You actually think goblet is a good film let alone the best one. Kill this board now it is done. Weve unironically stepped to new lows.
>>
>>69757648
>>69757774

you either have the shittiest most pretentious taste i've ever seen or are an exceptionally dedicated troll.

Over analyzing and making HP as if it's a movie about the human condition has to be the dumbest thing i've ever seen.
It's fucking HP matte... not fucking Black swan... now that's a film with an inner conflict properly acted and directed.

This is HP, when the director says "the curtains where blue" she doesn't mean "the curtains reflected on the inner melancholy of Harry"... he means the curtains where fucking blue.
>>
>>69757868
Fuck you, the scenes from the tournament were awesome, and the interplay between jealous ron and harry was interesting. If 4 isn't the best I'd say 6 is a close second.
>>
>>69744020
>atlas shrugged
maybe if you're a high school college libertarian, I guess. one of the worst books I've ever read.
>>
>>69748424
7.2's Pensieve scene is 10/10 GOAT-tier cinema. I still think it's Alan Rickman's finest performance. Which is sad in a way, because the man could have been and should have been in way more movies.
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.