[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on 10 Cloverfield Lane? I watched it last night and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 10Cloverfield7.0.0.jpg (55 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
10Cloverfield7.0.0.jpg
55 KB, 1280x854
Thoughts on 10 Cloverfield Lane?
I watched it last night and thought it was a pretty good movie
I give it 7/10

What did you think about it?
>>
i dunno havent seen it yet
>>
>>69725039
I thought there were too many shills.
Also, I'm not buying the DVD.
>>
>>69725039
I liked it but you can tell the ending wasn't the original ending. It felt wayyyy to out of place. What killed that woman and the cows outside of the bunker?
>>
>>69725039
They went full retard in the last 10 mins, otherwise quite good.
>>
>>69728496
did you watch the movie?
>>
>>69725039

Ending ruined it a little
>>
File: 699345345.jpg (19 KB, 286x283) Image search: [Google]
699345345.jpg
19 KB, 286x283
>mfw last 10 minutes
I was ready to give it a 8.5/10 if nailed the ending. now my opinion is a 6.5 at best.

le stronk woman blowing up alien spaceships was just retarded.
>>
>>69725039
>Thoughts on 10 Cloverfield Lane?

I really felt like it could have used some MEW strangling people with her delicious thighs
>>
>>69729711
One thing that really bothered me was that quip when she was getting sucked into the alien's mouth. She said "Oh, come on" or something to that effect. It felt like something out of a light-hearted superhero movie. A real shame, as I pretty much loved everything prior to that point.
>>
>>69725039

>MEW was barefoot for the entire movie
>all those feet shots

pretty based director 2bh
>>
>autistic doomsday prepper ready for anything in his bunker made to allow him to survive alone
>room containing a vital appliance that requires direct maintenance is only accessible via vents, meaning he can't get to it
Why? And what happened to the previous girl when she was in there to get blood on the floor of he can't get in?
>>
>>69729711

you could tell the entire defeating aliens ending was done in re-shoots after the movie got a money influx from Bad Robot productions. Should have ended with her killing the small alien and then driving out to Houston.
>>
>>69730104

The door was jammed, that's why they had to go through the vents.
>>
>>69725039
shit ending.

5/10 maybe 6? watch the invitation or the gift instead
>>
6/10 was hoping it'd be connected to cloverfield.
>>
>>69725039
>ventilation shafts can fit a person

WHEN WILL THIS STUPID TROPE DIE
>>
>>69725039

Would have been better if they didn't add all the stupid Cloverfield shit.

Also there was a chance for a great gross out gag (when she's escaping through the air vent) and they didn't go for it.
>>
>>69730104

lol.

I was actually wondering that too, then my girlfriend reminded me they literally just explained to the audience that the access door was jammed because of the suction.

So, yeah. You're a retard and so am I.
>>
>>69730941

Calm down
>>
>>69725039
Pretty shit.
>>
>>69725039
https://www.reddit.com/r/10cloverfieldlane/comments/4hyb4z/my_10_cloverfield_lane_metaphor_xpost_rmovies/
>>
>>69729711
oh no a WOMAN???
>>
>>69725039
People think the ending ruined it, I think the ending made it. It kept you guessing right up until the end, when she fights the alien with grossly implausible effectiveness. Everything could have been believed up until that moment. Then, even though they had been listening to radio silence, she turns on the car radio, and immediately starts hearing about a war with aliens.

See, what they're being attacked with is a chemical or bioweapon which affects mental function, causing hallucinations and paranoia. Presumably spread by some ordinary Earthly enemy.

The behavior of the woman at the door, who has been out and exposed, is insane and violent. She has a rash on her face, suggesting an infection.

When does she start "finding" evidence that her host is a psycho killer? When she goes to fix the ventilation system, bringing her (and the other inhabitants of the shelter) in contact with unfiltered air. Up to that point, it seems they all suffered some minor exposure, but were dealing with it, but things rapidly took a turn for the worse after that breakdown.

When does she start "seeing" aliens? Almost immediately after she takes her improvised gas mask off and breathes the unfiltered air freely. All because of a small tear: instead of minimizing exposure, she just gives up on protecting herself at all.

They make it out like there's some moral about not hiding from the world, and facing your fears, but the true moral of the story is to do a good job on your air filtration system when you build a fallout shelter.
>>
>>69725039
>the knives
>the GUN
>Santa Claus

Fuck me this movie was tense as all shit.
>>
>>69730941
They actually did say she was the only one among them small enough to fit in the shaft
>>
Just watched it. Hadn't laughed that much in a while. I'd pair it with 'The Host' for a double feature.
>>
>>69731275
GET OFF MY PLANE
>>
Watched it the other night, 8/10 overall desu, last 20 minutes were great.
>>
>>69733649
HO
LEE
SHIT
>>
>>69733649
>When does she start "seeing" aliens? Almost immediately after she takes her improvised gas mask off and breathes the unfiltered air freely. All because of a small tear: instead of minimizing exposure, she just gives up on protecting herself at all.
what? she duct tapes the small tear immediately
>>
>>69733712

She can fit on my shaft. If you know what I mean.
>>
Good things about this movie:

>Howard
>atmosphere
>tension
>ambiguity (up until the point where there is none)
>Emmet-MEW-Howard's strange trio dynamic (especially those comfy scenes when things are seemingly alright for them)

Bad things about this movie:

>the ending
>loss of ambiguity
>implications that Howard is a serial killer (he was scary enough with any of that and it just ruined the ambiguity)
>people trying to salvage the ending and act like it's not total, stupid shit that fucks with the tone of the movie (like >>69733649
>>
>>69725039
great first half went to shit after the air filtration shit
>>
>>69733959

I thought it was ok until it went full retard with the aliens.
>>
>>69733992
nah there was no need to add that shit about him killing the little girl defeats the purpose of having a seemingly crazy man in the right all along
>>
>>69733712
It's not really a plot point that makes sense, though.

Howard was a practical guy, and a big fat guy, who expected to be alone in the shelter. He knows mechanical systems need maintenance and repair. He would have planned for a way to access the ventilation system himself.

He would certainly have had protective gear.
>>
>>69734152
>the purpose of having a seemingly crazy man in the right all along
That was just one of the possibilities it was supposed to have been ambiguous between.

Seemingly crazy man is: actually crazy and believes it all, but they're just delusions. (end by getting back to the civilization)
Seemingly crazy man is: lying for crazy reasons. (Saw/Tusk/Human Centipede/Misery kind of movie)
Seemingly crazy man is: odd in his manner, but correct and reasonable under the extreme circumstances. (end about finding the strength to accept the truth and go on living)
Seemingly crazy man is: not seriously crazy but hypervigilant and honestly mistaken. (sweet ending about letting his daughter go and learning to deal with life)
Seemingly crazy man is: a psycho killer whose craziest theory happens to be correct anyway. (burn him in his hole and fight the aliens ending)

The purpose is to keep you guessing, especially between the first three, more obvious possibilities. Note that, through the movie, several times they have a "reveal" which seemingly rules out or confirms a possibility, but later they show you something else that turns it around:
- she wakes up chained to the wall (but he gives her the key as soon as she's lucid)
- it's revealed that his truck ran her off the road (but then he admits it and gives a reasonable explanation)
- the pigs (but he could have killed them, or the crazy woman outside)
- the crazy woman who wants in (but she could be one of his victims somehow)

They could have turned the evidence of him killing the little girl around, too.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.