[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Black Death.jpg (274 KB, 840x1244) Image search: [Google]
Black Death.jpg
274 KB, 840x1244
this movie is never discussed and i found it really good for its settings. also its not good vs bad guys, which is always fresh air in movie industry.
can you reccomend me similiar movies aside from Valhalla Rising? i mean dark brutal times of the past
>>
bump you cunts
i wont let this thread die
>>
>>69724438
>>69724628

Well if you into shitty movies try the season of the witch.

now fuck off cunt and let the thread die.
>>
>>69724782
never
>>
>>69724438
What's this movie about?
>>
>>69725152
group merceneries is hired by pope to discover what happened in lost village on the swamps. its black dwath times so everybody thinks its witchcraft. young clerk run away from infested monastery to guide their way there..
>>
>>69725152
the black death
>>
>>69724438
I like it. Gave me the old Hammer horror vibe for some reason, even though it was much more brutal.
>>
>>69725152
Sean Bean holy crusader is sent by the church to kill a necromancer who's little village is spreading the bubonic plague.
>>
File: season_of_the_witch_xlg.jpg (201 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
season_of_the_witch_xlg.jpg
201 KB, 1012x1500
>>69724438
step back
>>
>>69724438
good movie is good i approve
>>
File: 1461932370516.jpg (252 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461932370516.jpg
252 KB, 500x500
>Milan and Venice also sustained low mortality rates relative to the rest of Europe by employing similar practices to those in Poland, although these were derived from and applied under rather different circumstances and from a different perspective.

>Both the Milanese and the Venetians, because of their extensive trade links and greater proximity to the Asian epicentre, had advance warning of the plague. Also their habits of hygiene and medical knowledge were some of the most developed in Europe, and they understood that the disease could be passed from human to human as well as being inflicted by means of other vectors. Consequently, in Milan in particular, infected households were isolated and rigorously quarantined, and, as Milan was a walled city, the burghers simply locked the gates and used armed force to deny entry to the city. Food and trade goods were brought to the gates, left outside for the Milanese to collect without contact with the traders, and then they in turn left payment for the traders to collect once the townsfolk had retreated back inside.

>Caveat: Whilst I have not gone so far as to directly categorise Islam as a pathogenic microbial in the mould of Y. pestis, there are some disturbing parallels between their respective epidemiologies: both have made several incursions into Europe and now the West in general —Y. pestis in fact in Australia (1900-20) resulting in a 1000 deaths, mostly in Sydney, and again in the form of several small outbreaks in California in more recent years. Furthermore, both organisms reproduce and spread rapidly in a receptive host environment; both are enzootic, persistent and highly infectious and both can erupt unexpectedly from deep, global reservoirs of that infection.”…so I leave it to the reader to make any connections they may wish between what came to pass in Poland, Milan and Venice seven centuries ago and a possible solution to what is happening in Europe and all across the West today.
>>
>>69725746
slavs in general had strange and unusual habit of taking bath more than once in a week back then
>>
>>69725380
also thanks for that. altrough its hard for me to imahine Nick as medieval barbarian ill give it a shot
>>
>>69724438
>Eddie Redmayne

Yeah I'll pass.
>>
>>69725380
>>69726165
season of the witch is absolute fucking crap. don't watch it if you don't want to waste 2 hours of your life
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.