[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DO YOU SEE ME, TOECUTTER?! DO YOU SEE ME, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Nightrider.jpg (155 KB, 565x400) Image search: [Google]
Nightrider.jpg
155 KB, 565x400
DO YOU SEE ME, TOECUTTER?!

DO YOU SEE ME, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN?!

Implying the first Mad Max isn't the most rewatchable and comfy of the series
>>
>>69718226
I feel like this is the first time you've seen it and are trying to fit in.
>>
>>69718294
Don't try to pile me in with those fuckers whose first Mad Max movie was Fury Road.
>>
this thread is shit

Also Road Warrior is best, you'd know this if you weren't a pleb.
>>
>>69718514
>le first mad max is boring and slow
>le road warrior is biggerer and betterer amirite?!! xd
you're the pleb here
>>
>>69718226
Ranking:
1) Mad Max
2) The Road Warrior
3) Beyond Thunderdome
4) Fury Road

It's been downhill all the way, but it's a remarkably gentle slope.

One thing I like about Fury Road is that it ended on a note of grim satisfaction yet hopelessness, like Mad Max, and unlike the hopeful endings of the other two. Furiosa had an understandable motive, but was incompetent and suicidally idealistic. She got saved from immediate disaster only by repeated Max ex machina, and that only enabled her to do more damage in the end, when she threw open the doors of the fortress to the ravenous, disease-ridden, maddened masses. A woman who thought they were going to carry a hundred days of gasoline, food, and water riding double on motorcycles without trailers, bringing the wisdom that couldn't make a single seed grow to bear on the management of the last walled garden.

It's also a nice inversion of Mad Max, where he is disturbed by the harshness of conflict and turns his back on his duty to defend civilization, and suffers quick karma when his own family becomes victims of the menace he backed down from, leaving him nothing to fight for but revenge. In Fury Road, he helps abduct a man's wives, leading to the death of a pregnant one, then turns around snuffing out what may be the final glimmers of ordered society and the last hope of civilization's rebirth. In both cases, he acted on the superficial emotive aspects of the situation, refusing to face up to reality, and the world ended up worse for it, first as the guardian of order facing nomadic predators, then as the nomadic predator challenging a guardian of order.
>>
>>69718226

i agree anon it is the best one
>>
>m-muh kino
>we-we're so patrician!!!!
Road Warrior>Thunderdome>Fury Road>Mad Max
>>
Factual, non-subjectively correct tier list coming through:

Road Warrior
Mad Max
Fury Road
Beyond Thunderdome
>>
>>69719122
Reddit: The post
>>
>>69719057
That's pretty insightful. Nice job, anon.
>>
>>69719215
Reddit: The post
>>
I've always loved the atmosphere of the first one. Road Warrior has maybe a better plot, but the original has that strange unintentional imminent-apocalypse feel.
Plus the story is built up well, I just think that most viewers expect more action the first time around.
>>
YER A TURKEY, YA KNOW THAT?!
>>
Fury Road > Mad Max > Road Warrior = Waterworld > Thunderdome
>>
File: nightrider-crying-mad-max[1].jpg (233 KB, 1024x432) Image search: [Google]
nightrider-crying-mad-max[1].jpg
233 KB, 1024x432
>>69718226

>driving down the highway being hard as fuck
>see cop coming towards
>chicken.jpg
>calls my bluff, I swerve out of the way
>try not to cry
>cry alot
>>
were toecutter and bubba gay?
>>
>>69724003
Nightrider was a cuck.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.