[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Star Wars Extended Canon is just as important as the movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
The Star Wars Extended Canon is just as important as the movies
>>
>>69717166
It's a " REAL star wars fan is angry that his fan fiction got discarded from canon because disney actually wanted to make new characters instead of adapting fan fiction " episode
>>
>>69717166

man fucking in her asshole would be really good from that position i bet
>>
File: 1117077.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1117077.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>69717166
>ywn fuck a qt Twi'Lek girl.
>>
>>69717166
holy fuck thats good r34
it looks exactly like her.
>>
>>69719701
>It's a "NON-star wars fan goy poseur is angry that a REAL-star wars fan is angry that Disney rehashes previously established/endorsed extended fiction and replaces it with unestablished/fake disney shit-flavoured shallow retread just like they did with TFA" episode
daily reminder that every star wars related media since disney acquisition is non-canon
>>
>>69717166
star wars rebels is non-canon and just as bad as TFA
>>
>>69721318
yo reddit what's up? got lost?
>>
>it's a "Prequel apologist pretends that TFA was bad" episode
>>
>>69721398
>It's a "TFA apologist goy pretends the prequels were bad" episode
>>
File: 1442575383595.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
1442575383595.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>69721398
>>69721534
>tfw love all of SW content
>>
>>69717166
I agree. It's not important at all.
>>
>>69721209
>being THIS mad about fan fiction being treated like fan fiction should

Yeah sorry that there will never be a skippy the droid movie or a film where boba fett flies out of the sarlacc pit and winks at you then flies off while you cuddle your boba fett action figure that came out before he was ever in a movie. I'm gonna go ahead and actually enjoy the movies for what they are instead of dwelling on some shit ass novels that people only enjoy because they were written by lonely nerds just like them
>>
File: 1463627602425.png (1 MB, 700x768) Image search: [Google]
1463627602425.png
1 MB, 700x768
>>69721209
>>69721534
>being this mad
>>
>>69721209
>fan goy poseur

oh boy I miss being 16
>>
>>69721716
>Yeah sorry that there will never be a skippy the droid movie or a film where boba fett flies out of the sarlacc pit and winks at you then flies off while you cuddle your boba fett action figure that came out before he was ever in a movie. I'm gonna go ahead and actually enjoy the movies for what they are instead of dwelling on some shit ass novels that people only enjoy because they were written by lonely nerds just like them
Nice projection, lonely nerd

>Yeah sorry that there will never be..
Real star wars fans don't need or want movies about those things, because they are secondary canon and fine as they are. REAL star wars fans don't need a movie adaptation of every shitty idea that comes up.

Disney on the other hand actually tries to canonize their shitty ideas in order to add weight to them. How about they contribute to existing fiction instead of borrowing existing material and rehashing it with pop culture trends or mixing/matching it with other stuff? Why don't they do that? Because jews kill and destroy that's why :)

stay mad, lonely goy
>>
>>69721974
So what you're saying is they should instead make a skippy the droid 2 comic? where he fights alongside anakin solo and saves the galaxy from the thousand different clones of the emperor

Am I getting this right?
>>
>>69722065
>So what you're saying
What I'm saying is that

1) skippy the droid is more authentic than BB-8, based purely on the fact that it is was approved and created before Disney acquisition

2) Disney should attempt to win over people by creating good content instead of creating a skippy the droid-inspired reboot where skippy is now a genderfluid android battledroid robot of color with force powers (where the only thing that'd be going for it is that the new skippy would be more canonical than the old one)

they should also think 3 times before they turn skippy into a movie character let a lone a canon comic on par with the movies

>galaxy from the thousand different clones of the emperor
There's a good reason why this was never made into a movie and a good reason ""Starkiller base and the first order""" were.

protip: it's not because one of them was a better idea than the other
>>
>>69722553
TFA is way more "authentic" than any of that Prequel shit
>>
>>69722553
You sir are the reason I have no problem not being a REAL star wars fan
>>
>>69722737
No it isn't, goy

TFA is post-authentic hot pocket dog shit
>>
>>69722852
>goy

Good to know that /pol/ has shitty taste in movies too
>>
>>69722553
Also daily reminder that the man who supposedly approved your fan fiction was also the same guy who willingly sold star wars also approving them to throw that garbage in the trash and that TFA was co-written by the same guy who wrote the "authentic" empire strikes back so all the shit that was so poorly done in that movie was co-made by the same guy who made what's good in your mind
>>
File: epIII.png (824 KB, 1506x738) Image search: [Google]
epIII.png
824 KB, 1506x738
>>69722553
I can't wait for the prequel reboot tbqh
>>
>>69722065
Pretty sure that Skippy the Jedi Droid was just a joke comic and was non-canon on release.
>>
KOTOR is canon to me. I don't give a fuck. Revan happened. The Mandaloriann Wars happened. Fuck Disney.
>>
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 700x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 700x478
>>69723116
I hate how much Kylo Ren looks like Revan and Rey looks like Bastilla.
>>
>>69723014
>Oh no a good portion of my EU actually sucks
>Uhh it was a joke comic and was non canon on release

really?
>>
>>69722969
>same guy who willingly sold star wars also approving them to throw that garbage in the trash
Lucas sold the franchise, but it's actually Kathleen Kennedy that threw it into the trash.

>TFA was co-written by the same guy who wrote the "authentic" empire strikes back
Further proving that Kasdan didn't have as much to do with Empire as some cucks might want you to believe. Also proving that not even Kasdan believed TFA was worth the effort.

>so all the shit that was so poorly done in that movie was co-made by the same guy who made what's good in your mind
I don't really care about Kasdan.
>>
File: karbin-2.jpg (62 KB, 582x365) Image search: [Google]
karbin-2.jpg
62 KB, 582x365
>Disney's EU
>>
>>69723163
>skippy the droid
>good portion of my eu
LOL

try harder cucc, enjoy your star wars rebels(tm)
>>
>>69723267
yo reddit what's up? back again?
>>
File: hello.webm (880 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hello.webm
880 KB, 640x360
>>69722775
>You sir
>>
>>69723216
>same guy who willingly sold star wars also approving them to throw that garbage in the trash

Yeah he sold the entire franchise knowing that they're gonna do whatever they want with it aka approving whatever they wish to do with it

>Kasdan didn't have as much to do with Empire as some cucks might want you to believe

He only wrote the script aka the backbone that any movie has to have in order to be good

>I don't really care about Kasdan

You are literally saying that you don't care about the one man who wrote what is objectively the greatest movie in the saga

You ever think that maybe the reason lucas had no issues with selling star wars and the eu being disbanded is because most REAL star wars fan are fucking retards who don't know what they want nor appreciate what they have?
>>
>>69723267
>respond to every comment
Fuck off
>>
>>69723288
wew let's not forget the ship containing a thousand clones of the emperor, or the reams of shit trying to explain how boba fett could survive the sarlacc pit, or zombie stormtroopers and zombie gungans. oh yeah and how darth maul didn't die and came back with metal legs and also has a brother named savage opress, also can't forget the gripping tale of when post rotj luke joins a transparently evil cult led by a golden blob because he's sad that he lost his force powers because a sun died nearby

give me a fucking break
>>
>>69717166
Remember /tv/, this is what you fought for. Fuck the EU! B-but the EC is totally different guise! It's WAY more progressive!
>>
>>69723630
>forgetting about the original super weapon, do not steal, Sun Crusher
>forgetting about traviss in her entirety
>forgetting about the glove of Darth Vader
>forgetting about the Vong, a species who inadvertently meant that Sheev was the good guy all along
>>
>>69721241
It's canon. Rebels and the Clone Wars show are all canon now, according to Disney. Glad we got rid of Admiral Thrawn and Kyle Katarn to make room for a teenage pacifist Mandolorian girl that uses paint as a weapon.
>>
>>69723826
hehe silly can heads!
>>
>>69723630
>cherry picking

Also, Darth Maul's return with spider legs is Disney canon. You fucked up.
>>
>>69723892
> Darth Maul's return with spider legs is Disney canon

Except the fact that it wasn't? that shit was eu written lore before they ever put into the clone wars, a show that was made before disney bought star wars
>>
>>69723892
hard to say I'm cherry picking when most of the EU is like the shit I pointed out, I could "cherry pick" more and sit here for days naming off all the stupid crap that fans wrote for their beloved EU
>>
File: bean.jpg (37 KB, 304x267) Image search: [Google]
bean.jpg
37 KB, 304x267
>IG-88 takes over the death start
>starts trolling sheev by randomly opening and closing doors

There are people who consider the EU good
>>
>>69724047
Not it's not hard. I could do the exact same thing for the other side.
>>
>>69724176
the other side being?
>>
>>69724233
The one claiming the EU was all good. You claim it was all bad, which is hyperbolic as fuck, and some claim it was all good... at least you guys keep implying that someone is claiming that.

In any event, you're cherry picking the worst examples. But they could just cherry pick the best examples. You'd still both be wrong and you know it.
>>
>>69723467
>saying that you don't care about the one man who wrote what is objectively the greatest movie in the saga
Hhhhhahahahahaaha

stay cucced, embryo pleb

>you ever think that maybe the reason lucas had no issues with selling star wars and the eu being disbanded
I don't really care what he has an issue with, but considering he had issues with TFA being a shitty retro meme that didn't show anything new, you could estimate that he definitely had issues with the EU being deleted. Maybe it was something he hadn't foreseen. He sold the franchise knowing that Lucasfilm would be owned by Disney. So regardless of Lucas appointing Kathleen Kennedy as a guide to bridge Lucasfilm and Disney people, it really is meaningless since Kennedy will just follow Disney's plan. Honestly this is all clear and obvious, but none of it alters the facts that follow it.

The eu was disbanded solely to create a shallow imitation of the eu, piece by piece and giving it a new contemporary, inauthentic pop-culture sheen saturated with surface-level sociopolitical trends to give it false importance.

this is much easier than mapping out new shit, plus you have great meme excuses up your sleeves such as "it helps with creativity" or "dude clone emperors lmao" (none of which are actually believable because merely months before acquisition, it was a complete different atmosphere with the lfsg)

The EU was deleted by disney business men because it already covered too much, thus it is hard to milk more money out of it. That is literally the only reason it was deleted.

And on the matter of authenticity, all of this comes down to money. Disney has pressure to use the SW license to make money fast (helicopter lightsabers), whereas Lucasfilm and Lucasarts used it liberally for whatever shit they came up with. Literally the only reason Lucas sold Lucasfilm was because he started drifting so much into his other projects that it became costly for his company and the workers.
>>
>>69724136
EU=!EC
>>
>>69724136
>cherrypicks worst examples they can find
>but they never seem to mention

>Heir to the Empire
>The Truce at Bakura
>Knights of the Old Republic
>The Last Command
>Republic Commando
>Jedi Outcast
>Rouge Squadron
>Dark Force Rising
>Outbound Flight
>Allegiance

Why?
>>
>>69723255
My only problem here is how generic those lightsabers look
>>
File: Tru7h_in_a_Fedora_by_HLTru7h.png (433 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Tru7h_in_a_Fedora_by_HLTru7h.png
433 KB, 800x533
>>69717166
>>
Chopper knows
>>
>>69717166
Nope, and never will be.
>>
>>69723826
until they are not.
>>
The Clone Wars series was fucking great, I can't even think about rebels without getting mad.

>you will never see the bad batch
>>
>>69729212
Everything was terrible except the clone episodes
>>
>>69730774
Yeah, it's a shame there's only maybe a dozen based on the clones out of the whole series
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.