[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally, Game of Thrones Is Giving Its Female Characters a Voice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: mgid ao image mtv.com 132870.jpg (85 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
mgid ao image mtv.com 132870.jpg
85 KB, 980x551
>Being a female Game of Thrones viewer is exhausting. For the past five seasons, the show's female characters have been repeatedly deprived of their agency (and their clothing) while being raped, beaten, burned, enslaved, imprisoned, and paraded naked through the streets with objectionable pixie cuts. Other than experimenting with my home-waxing kit or reading real-world election coverage, I’m hard pressed to think of a more masochistic way to spend a Sunday evening.
>So far, season six has been an improvement. Perhaps it was being freed from the constraints of George R.R. Martin’s books, or maybe showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff actually started paying attention to their critics (as promised), but this season seems to be a direct response to criticisms of the show’s misogyny. I don't know if the GOT team has been bumping to Lemonade in the writer's room, but last night's episode, "Book of the Stranger," may have been the show's most female-powered installment yet, depicting a string of interactions where women prevail over their weaker male counterparts.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/05/game-of-thrones-is-giving-its-women-a-voice.html

This is literally the show that /tv/ never shuts the fuck up about
>>
>>69708709
Yeah but we all hate it too, just can't find it in me to stop watching for some reason
>>
>>69708709
I wonder how people would react to a whole army of women with their clits chopped off.
>>
Shit bait
>>
>creators listening to fans or critics
>a good thing
>>
>>69708709
Reminder Dany is the Sauron of ASOIAF
>>
File: 1434959037640.png (134 KB, 317x392) Image search: [Google]
1434959037640.png
134 KB, 317x392
>/GoT/ will defend this
>>
Eh, who cares, I dropped it
>>
I'd consider Sansa's development to be an arc considering the transformation she's been through as a person since she left Winterfell the first time. Why is she not allowed to be a stronger character after all the shit she's been though?
>>
Maybe Islam isn't so bad after all.
>>
>the shittiest season so far
>also the season in which women have the most influence and power

Coincidence?
>>
>>69709088
Because it's more common to develop anxiety and other issues after being through that kind of shit.

>>69709124
I like Islam, but sadly Muslims tend to be brown. Otherwise I'd totally convert.
>>
>>69708709
>Being a female Game of Thrones viewer is exhausting.

I like this. It's right at the very start of the blog so you know exactly what kind of person wrote it and don't have to bother reading anymore.

>>69709199
I'd actually argue that it's not true that women have the most influence and power this season.

Renly's entire campaign was orchestrated by Margaery and Olenna. Cat pretty much single-handedly brought the North into things, with some pushing from Lysa, and ruined everything for them. Cersei this season has the least amount of power she's ever had. Dany's pretty much been fairly consistent since Drogo died. Melisandre had Stannis wrapped around her little finger for a while there. Asha/Yara was once the most valued Ironborn captain, and soon she's just gonna be second fiddle to Euron. Ygritte's hold over Jon. Osha being wily and capable.

Aside from the sneks and Dany's consistent bullshit this season is actually pretty bad for the women, regardless of them having a few speeches.
>>
>>69708709
>>69708709
>>69708709

> the show's female characters have been repeatedly deprived of their agency (and their clothing) while being raped, beaten, burned, enslaved, imprisoned, and paraded naked through the streets with objectionable pixie cuts.

> direct response to criticisms of the show’s misogyny.

What planet is this person living on?

> HERRRR IF YOU SHOW RAPE THAT MEANS YOU SUPPORT RAPE

To the guy who argued with me months ago that no one really thought that, fuck you.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 800x800
>mfw sansa rejects CIAs help next episode and tells him off and SJWs rejoice only to later realize she really does need his help

>mfw the same SJWs cry because now sansa has to go and beg LF to help her and jon

>mfw she offers to marry him if he helps defeat ramsay and win back her home

>mfw he accepts and saves jon and the wildling army from certain death

>mfw CIA is the big hero of episode 9 and is finally engaged to sansa like he's wanted since before the RW
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.