[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Geoff Johns Promises To Bring "Hope And Optimism" To
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Geoff Johns.jpg (198 KB, 1440x720) Image search: [Google]
Geoff Johns.jpg
198 KB, 1440x720
>Following reports yesterday that Geoff Johns has been appointed as one of the heads of Warner Bros. DC Films division to take on a Kevin Feige type role, the comic book writer took part in an unrelated press event today and was asked by those in attendance about his newfound role alongside Jon Berg. According to Vulture, he refused to confirm the story, but said that "you can connect the dots."

>While he wouldn't talk specifics in regards to his new role within DC Entertainment, Johns did discuss the direction he believes the company as a whole needs to head in, and one phrase he repeatedly said was that it needs, "hope and optimism." The Rebirth scribe obviously didn't disrespect Zack Snyder's work in any way, but it seems clear like things will now be heading in a different direction, especially after Johns offered up his take on how a character like Superman should be portrayed across all forms of media. "I think people make a mistake when they say, ‘Superman’s not relateable because he’s so powerful,’" he explained. "I’m like, ‘Are you kidding me? He’s a farmboy from Kansas who moves to the city and just wants to do the best he can with what he’s got.’ That’s the most relateable character in the world." That description of how Superman shouldn't be portrayed sounds pretty familiar, right?

>Taking a break from writing comics for the time being, Johns is clearly going to have his hands full with his DC Films commitments, and that may be no bad thing, especially when he has such a solid grasp on the best way to portray these heroes. "There’s a lot of emotional underpinning of the characters and the stories. It's not that people take it for granted. They’re just not as aware of it. But when it’s not there, you really feel that emptiness."

DC EDGY KEKS BTFO

>You can connect the dots

lmao the rumors were right, WB is mad over BvS' reception
>>
File: image.jpg (902 KB, 2400x1880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
902 KB, 2400x1880
This is the best news. Too bad it is late news.
>>
FEED ME QUIPS YUM YUM YUM
>>
>>69704882
Yup, with WW already wrapped up and JL underway, there's no saving this shit show. They already ruined one of the coolest concepts in a colossal way.
>>
>>69704623
>WB is mad over BvS' reception
Why wouldn't they be? Despite being a complete idiot Synder, the crew, cast and the DC Entertainment guys obviously did want to make a good movie.
>>
>>69704961
>BvS
>coolest concept
This concept has been beaten into the ground so much ever since TDKR that it was already doomed.
>>
>>69704961
They will reshoot WW and force Snyder to make JL 'fun', which means it will be like Sucker Punch
>>
>>69704623
>make movie about hope prevailing in the face of cynicism
>make movie about a guy with extraordinary abilities just trying to do the right thing
>lol no it was edgy and depressing
>>
>>69705056
It's the 10 year old in me talking bro. I've been wanting to see Batman and Superman share the big screen since i was a wee lad. And they pissed on that.

They pissed on a 10 year old.
>>
this disappoints me, I prefer my comic book movies to look like angsty early 2000's alternative rock music videos
>>
File: 1413660691051.png (216 KB, 385x497) Image search: [Google]
1413660691051.png
216 KB, 385x497
>>69704623
>MoS will still be canon
>BvS will still be canon
>WW will still be canon
>>
>not jewish
His career is destined for failure
>>
>>69704623

Johns does more violence gore and death than Snyder ever did.
>>
>>69704623
What a daring departure, considering that's the direction they were headed anyway.
>>
>>69705937

But there wasn't a joke every 60 seconds anon!
>>
>>69704623
Geoff Johns made the New 52 likable, so this is probably the best news DCEU could get, considering.
>>
>>69707595
>New52
>good
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.