[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: make a movie better by cutting out sections of it. You can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: collateral[1].jpg (55 KB, 510x755) Image search: [Google]
collateral[1].jpg
55 KB, 510x755
ITT: make a movie better by cutting out sections of it. You can't change or add anything, only cut.

Pic related: cut out everything after the car crash scene and just fade to black. The last twenty minutes of the movie completely fucking ruin it.
>>
>>69693437
That wouldn't make it better at all.
>>
>>69693504
Yes it would. The ending is garbage and the whole attempted lawyer assassination scene is like something out of a direct-to-VHS horror flick. Everything goes downhill after the car crash.

This way, you'd get a nice, impactful, ambiguous ending that doesn't ruin the quality of the film.
>>
>>69693437
Take any film, Cut all the women out of it.

Take every episode of Seinfeld, cut out every scene without costanza in it. (i am actually doing this)

Cut the giant bird out of IASIP.
>>
>>69694287
>cutting out most of the Soup Nazi scenes
For shame. For fucking shame.
>>
>>69693848
No it wouldn't. You're delusional.
>>
>black man wins
>this triggers the /tvpol/ack

WAHHH WAHHH GO TO YOUR COINTANMENT BOARD YOU MANCHILDREN
>>
>>69695517
>a fucking cab driver manages to kill a trained hitman to save his love interest who happens to be the worst character in the movie and who has ten minutes of total screentime
No.
>>
>>69696335
While I agree that the girl was pretty much a completely unnecessary thing tacked on to the film and felt underdeveloped as a character the reason that vincent lost is because he just whiffed and ended up hitting the metal segment of the door. It's perfectly feasible for a relatively unskilled person to win by dint of dumb luck, that was kind of the point.
>>
>>69693437
Tomorrowland would have been better if they cut pretty much anything that wasn't classic Tomorrowland (read: 50's-60's) out of it.

It'd be a short, and a sloppily written one at that, but it'd get more at the idea of what Bird was going for.
>>
Cut every part of The Witch that actually shows a witch in it. Cut last 5 minutes or whatever from the ending.
>>
I thought the film was okayish. I do think him dying like a bitch at the end ruined it for me.
>>
>>69696335
They were shooting at each other in a subway train through a metal door.

He isn't a fucking cyborg. Staircases and doors are called killboxes by cops and military for a reason. No matter how skilled or elite tacticool you think you are you get into a firefight in a doorway it's anyone's game.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.