[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have movies with choices ever really been a thing? Like at certain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Have movies with choices ever really been a thing?

Like at certain points, vote if the hero picks up the gun, or opens the door etc.
>>
>>69688083

I think there were some early attempts at it where they'd survey the audience with remotes and the highest amount of votes would change the scene.
>>
>>69688083
Have you ever heard of an invention called "computer games"?

I believe they're available for computers now.

What a time to be alive.
>>
File: Kinoautomat_poster.jpg (38 KB, 246x400) Image search: [Google]
Kinoautomat_poster.jpg
38 KB, 246x400
>>69688083
Literally Kinoautomat
>>
>>69688132
I know so many vidyas now have "Impactful choices" But I've never heard of the formula being applied to a movie.

That feel when /tv/ could ruin a movie with shitty choices.
>>
Why not just pause the film and imagine the characters making a different choice
>>
The concept has potential, but the numbers wont add up. Too much hassle to equip a theatre with extra stuff.
>>
>>69688194

The very notion of adding choices to a movie turns it into a game
>>
The dvd extras of one of the final destination sequels had options throughout the film where the movie paused, and gave you a choice on what the character does next, determining how they die. For example in a tanning booth salon you "choose" to what temperature they set the thermostat, and they die in different ways depending which you choose. Doesn't affect the plot at all, but still found it interesting concept.
>>
File: twd-telltale-UK-release.jpg (75 KB, 640x369) Image search: [Google]
twd-telltale-UK-release.jpg
75 KB, 640x369
Yes.
>>
Back in the mid 90's, I thought for sure this would happen with dvd menus. But it never did.

Probably for the best.
>>
Mr. Payback is the only one I'm aware of.
>>
The movie Clue had 3 different endings. Depending on which theater you saw it in you would get a different ending. But I don't think there was really a way to choose which ending you got.

I always felt like Funny Games had a choose your own adventure feel to it.
>>
>>69689144

>tfw they will never be able to replicate the feel of season 1 because people are too wise regarding the format now
>>
>>69689333

>writing a story so shit that 3 different culprits all make sense with no discrepancies in the rest of the film
>>
Reminds me of that Futurama episode where they went to see the All My Circuits movie and the vote was rigged to see Calculon do paper work for 2 straight hours.
>>
>>69689333
Clue 2 was a VHS game with multiple story paths
>>
>>69688194
Play some Telltale games. They're animated choose your own adventure books. Very rarely do you have to do anything other than select between 3 lines of dialogue.
>>
>>69690250

Play ONE telltale game
By that point you've caught onto the schitck that all of the branching paths converge back to one point and your choices are trivial
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.