[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Person of Interest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 15
File: poi-header.jpg (32 KB, 726x408) Image search: [Google]
poi-header.jpg
32 KB, 726x408
I thought yesterday was kind of pointless but maybe today something will happen.
>>
Anyone else watching tonight?
>>
>>69668172
I am. I was just about to make a thread.
>>
Damn it, Root. You are so hot when you're not being a lovesick lesbian.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 285x177
these come out like twice a week now?
>root has to wear a new cute outfit everyday to disguise herself from samaritan
so much wasted potential
>>
>>69668662
the schedule is really weird this season
>>
>>69668662
>these come out like twice a week now?
CBS waited too long to put it on the Fall-Spring schedule and had to fit it in at the very end, by having multiple episodes a week to the end.
>>
>Getting set up for homicide in real time
Damn, son.

>>69668662
Yeah, Mondays and Tuesdays at 10ET/9C
>>
Oh, hey. It's Huckleberry Finn.
>>
That backup is convenient.
>>
>Elias survived after all
WHAT.
>>
>>69669673
Elias was never shown dead in 4x22 or 5x01, and he was only reported as dead second-hand, by newspaper shots and chatter on screen.
>>
File: evil costanza.png (480 KB, 1064x588) Image search: [Google]
evil costanza.png
480 KB, 1064x588
>>69669673
>mfw evil costanza is still alive
>>
File: poi facialrecognition.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
poi facialrecognition.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
reminder: 3 episodes next week in US, one monday night, two tuesday night back to back
>>
>>69671336
wat

thats so fucking retarded, everybody i know who watches this show cant keep track of this bullshit schedule, changing it again doesnt fucking help
>>
I rarely come to /tv/, but I'm surprised this show isn't more popular here. It is the only decent show on TV. The lesbian shit yesterday was pretty stupid though, it felt like the show really jumped the shark there for a few minutes. The whole episode felt like a waste, even though I understand why they did it.

I was really expecting The Machine to win 1 time at the last second. Maybe next week.
>>
>>69671429
CBS just wants it off the air as fast as possible desu; part of that means sticking it in as many/as obscure timeslots as possible before it's dead
>>
>>69671437
yeah, like the show has its problems but it's still pretty good overall; nobody else I know watches it which really sucks, it's probably my favorite thing on television at the moment
>>
File: REEEEEEE.png (605 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.png
605 KB, 900x900
>>69671469
then cbs can suck my dick. IM SICK OF IT! they been sabotaging this show since season 3
>>
>>69670142
Huh. Point. I thought for sure he got shot in the head too. Shows how much of the previous finale I remember.
>>
>>69672058
Last time we saw him he was still conscious with a bullet wound in his shoulder, so I kind of figured he wasnt dead. No way they'd kill a character like Elias off like that.

Bullet wounds to the shoulder are never ever fatal on tv shows
>>
File: poi sandwich.jpg (57 KB, 550x380) Image search: [Google]
poi sandwich.jpg
57 KB, 550x380
>>69671573
yeah i'm with you anon; CBS fucking with scheduling/amount of seasons ruined s3 and s4's pacing like shit, which was exactly when it needed to nail every episode in the transition from procedural drama to sci-fi
now we're embroiled in a massive conflict that feels like it needs 2 seasons to solve, not 10 more episodes
>>
>>69668103
Am I the only one who fucking hates Root?

I don't get why any of the crew likes her, let alone makes out with her regularly now

Mary sue-est bitch ever
>>
>>69672302
I feel you OP, I don't hate the lesbian shit, I just hated that it was with Root of all people
>>
>>69672302
DELETE THIS
>>
>>69672302
I remember threads from last season, some were saying root is a character better in small doses.

Something I agree with. Used to love her, but not so much anymore.
>>
>>69672302
root's been okay this season but during s3 and s4 i was like "why the fuck is anyone listening-to/taking orders from this person? yeah she can read off what you ate for breakfast but she's literally insane"
this anon is right >>69672359, she's much better when she's not in the spotlight. she was great in s4 when she just showed up for a few minutes every 1 or 2 episodes wearing a different costume to give a status update/advise harold
>>
>>69672302
Root is best as a villain desu
>>
>>69672359
I still love Root, because she's a genuinely interesting character and Amy Acker is fucking adorable, but I miss when she was a little more enigmatic. I thought that worked better
>>
>>69672302
Root jumped the shark when she started her akimbo shit in s3, that really took me out of it for some reason
>>
>>69672138
It was a shot in center of mass iirc, much more convincing as killshot.

>>69671336
95% confident that someone dies next week,
Screencap this shit.

My bet is Fusco, because he's starting to step on Samaritan's toes.

I'm 5% unsure because CBS is jews and perhaps they had an open slot to shove the death-row show in.
>>
>>69672447
>Amy Acker is fucking adorable

I agree with this part. It is the same as when I used to watch Angel, I didn't like her character (can't remember why) but she was too cute.
>>
File: nP50imT[1].png (828 KB, 988x890) Image search: [Google]
nP50imT[1].png
828 KB, 988x890
>>69672533
I'll miss that bastard.

why can't it be root
>>
>>69672302
>>69672410
>>69672441
root remains interesting from a character perspective because of the machine's remodeling of her from villain psycho-killer who thinks humanity is a parasite, to at times a character more committed to humanity than Finch (the moral standard)
the machine has taught someone else morality maybe it will do the same to samaritan?
>>
>>69672359
>>69672447
>>69672475
Yeah, I agree. I like Root, but she's one of those rare cases where trying to humanize and build on a character backfires pretty hard.

>>69672598
So it'll be even more shocking when she does go.
>>
>>69672569
As much as I love Amy Acker I could never get into Angel. I fucking hate Joe Sweden, all of his shows just annoy me.
>>
File: poi fusco.jpg (67 KB, 628x423) Image search: [Google]
poi fusco.jpg
67 KB, 628x423
>>69672533
>>69672598
fusco's got the best character development arc on this damn show, somebody's gonna get it if they kill him off NOW
>>
File: JVXVxn8[1].jpg (153 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
JVXVxn8[1].jpg
153 KB, 1920x1080
>>69672816
>>69672598
Reminder he had Best Scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqY3DsCpfg
>>
>>69672767
Dude, what? Angel was the least annoying of any of Joss' shows, probably because he didn't have as much of a chance to inject his GRRL POWA ideology into it.
>>
>>69672927
G O D
O
D
>>
>>69672927
>reese's face is literally a skull
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>69673270
pure pottery
>>
>>69673270
he kills people
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (31 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
31 KB, 550x400
>>69672927
Is Toby the interviewer?
>>
>>69672533
>>69672598
>>69672816
>>69672927
I suspect the ASIs will mutually annihilate each other, with heavy casualties on both sides.

My current life expectancies for the end of the series:

Machine: Destroyed (94.999%). While a weaker opponent, Finch et al. could provide it better defenses against Samaritan. Plus, its seen as being on the good side.

Samaritan: Destroyed (95%).

Fusco: Dies (65%), but survival isn't out of the question. Although killing carter is an exception, killing parents rarely goes over well... not that the show has anything left to lose.

Root: Dies (95%). She's too connected to the Machine and the numbers operation to resume a normal life without them... and she can't exactly go back to her previous occupation.

Reese: Lives (51%). I read somewhere that the final scene involves Reese, wearing the tan jacket from the Pilot, although it could very well be a flashback.

Shaw: Lives (50.001%). She is not terribly ingrained in this operation, and could live without the Machine, but poses a significant threat to both. She would have a tough (but not impossible) time reintegrating.

Finch: Dies (98%, with the Machine). He is the core of the show's plot. The Machine is his, and the numbers operation essentially is his life. Finch is the one character (besides the Machine) that truly cannot be replaced, making his death a natural end to the irrelevant numbers operation. The only other situation I can imagine is he somehow reunites with Grace, and she somehow gets over the fact that he's been faking his death and hiding from her for 7? years.

Bear: Lives (100%). CBS wouldn't let a show kill a dog. Reese will most likely own him from then out.

I'd bet it'll go down in this order (if they do happen at all):
Fusco -> Shaw -> Root -> (Finch + Samaritan + the Machine)

I think this particular strategy will play out because it will provide closure to the operation.

</maximum-spergout>
>>
>>69673270
He has become death, destroyer of kneecaps.
>>
My theory is that the machine doesn't know that it is losing every scenario against Samaritan because the scenarios are being run on a separate laptop, so it isn't changing itself. Finch will change something so that it can see it will never win in its current state, and then it will reprogram itself to win.
>>
>>69673732
i feel like the show is going to end on not as low a note as 50% of the main cast dying. mainly because, they dont have the screentime to make that many deaths meaningful. the conclusion will probably be somewhat open-ended, leaving room for fan interpretation or a possible spinoff/sequel years down the line. only deaths i could really see happening, with the time they have left, are a Fusco death sometime before finale, and a Root death as part of the finale. I dont think they'll straight up kill Finch, but rather I think he'd go missing after the ASIvASI carnage, be assumed dead with a shred of hope, but be shown in a brief ending montage either constructing a new machine or still working to help people. same kind of thing could happen to reese imo
>>
>>69674047
Honestly, I dont want any of that. I love this show, but knowing this is the last season I want a fucking blood bath. I want Reese to die, I want Finch to die, I want Fusco to die, and Root, and I want my favorite character, Shaw, to die. Because I want this show to end for good, wrap that shit up completely.

If it ends on a "AND THEN THEY HAD MANY MORE ADVENTURES TOGETHER" sort of note its just going to make me feel bitter, because I wont get to see those adventures. If that makes any sense.
>>
>>69673917
That's not going to happen. If the Samaritan mini-me were to come in to contact with the live machine, it would probably be just as catastrophic as the simulations. μSamaritan won billions of situations in the span of an in-show day.

From back when Decimal tried to crash the machine and obtain God mode, Finch explained that the only time the machine may modify itself is to defend itself from/adapt to an otherwise-fatal attack. I think Root and Finch are going to grant it the ability to enhance itself beyond its previous restrictions, while trying to keep it behaving under a better-than-outright-murderous, generally "good" moral code.

>>69674047
I doubt this will be so open-ended or happy. Like >>69674490 says, this is their last season, and I think the writers know it. CBS simply will not spin this show off, and I think a movie is just about as likely. As much as I would love for Finch to reunite with Grace, it seems simply improbable. I don't want any of the main characters to die outright, but their deaths form the most solid closure of the show. With Finch and Root gone, the irrelevant number gig ends. Period. Reese can't just play batman without back office support.

Fringe, another Abrams show, ended with the cooky mad scientist (who filled the same general role as Finch: the lonely strange man with all the knowledge and borderline-magical machinery to support the show's plot; and the original cause of the plot's primary issue) being effectively killed in a heroic cumulative battle.
He didn't actually die, but the surviving characters could never reunite with him.
>>
AYO HOL UP
POI IS ON AIR AGAIN?
>>
File: HcT37[1].png (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HcT37[1].png
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>69675533
>>
File: shot0070.jpg (57 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
shot0070.jpg
57 KB, 368x368
>>69675533
>>
>>69675533

As much as I want to make fun of you like the other guys, I nearly missed it too because at some point I gave up on them ever airing it and stopped checking. I just happened to see a TV ad for it the week before it started back up again; just in time to set up the DVR.
>>
File: 1424225020447.jpg (11 KB, 253x226) Image search: [Google]
1424225020447.jpg
11 KB, 253x226
>mfw the PS3 supercomputer is a real thing
>they really fucking made it
>>
>>69672302
Root is mainly uninteresting because she's a Super-John. She can hack, disguise well, shoot with two guns, and is charismatic. She should have only been an amazing shooter under God mode and stuck with being the spy-ish character. Basically become Finch except on the field.

Instead she seems like some sort of fanfiction self-insert.
>>
>>69678953
Plus we never really got a proper explanation as to why she is suddenly on par with trained agents in hand to hand combat and doesn't even flinch when firing a shotgun despite being so frail that she'd probably die if Fusco sat on her.
>>
>>69674861
I'm with you, and you bring up an interesting point with Fringe. There are more ways to end a story on a sad note than killing characters.

>>69678310
Yeah, I thought it was bullshit too until an anon in yesterday's thread brought up the Linux compatibility. Blew my mind.

>>69678953
>>69679363
Yeah, I didn't stop to think about it at first, but she did get over not having the Machine as a targeting system awfully quickly. I try to chalk it up to one of those things you have to overlook in the moment, like ill-timed muzzle flashes. Either that or offscreen practice.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.