[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/'s consensus on this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Gods_of_Egypt_poster.jpg (84 KB, 300x462) Image search: [Google]
Gods_of_Egypt_poster.jpg
84 KB, 300x462
I just watched it,and I have to say, I had VERY LOW expectations due to previously reading criticisms about it, but it turns out it's actually fucking awesome. Why does everyone rates this film negatively? Holy hell.

The scenes looked amazing, the characters started out flawed but they had so much development, honestly, I was pretty impressed by the end of the movie. The story was so-so, but it had humor, passion, and just so much soul. It really made me care about those two mofos. I really can't bring up any negatives about this film.
10/10 would watch again.
>>
>>69658682
Better than civil war and BvS
>>
>>69658682
the flat earth scene was the craziest shit it got me stoked
>>
It was like Flash Gordon. Full of cheesy effects and hammy acting. But it had pathos. I really fucking enjoyed it and lolled every time there was some stupid shit happening on screen.

Don't take it serious and it's a fun ride for sure.

Solid 7/10 for a flawed gem I would rewatch when I am baked.
>>
>>69661275
>It was like Flash Gordon.

So garbage?
>>
>>69661400
If you think Flash Gordon is garbage then yes. If you think Flash Gordon is a fun campy movie then no. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink!
>>
>>69658682
5 cents has been deposited to your account
>>
Bad movies can be enjoyable too.
>>
I enjoyed it. Film contains some aspects of actual Egyptian mythology. Just wish they didn't pussy out in mentioning that Osiris, Isis, Nephthys, and Set were all siblings.
>>
>Video game cutscenes: The Movie

If you're into that kinda thing you'll enjoy it. Just don't expect a decent story or character building.
>>
>>69658682
Would have been a fun, enjoyable movie if it was 30-40 minutes shorter.

Wasn't bad, but not good either.

My friends and I had a Gerard Butler double-feature with this and London Has Fallen. The latter was fucking hilarious and a great time
>>
>>69658682
It's masterpiece

Sadly paid disney critics did a great job
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.