[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How DC can ACTUALLY compete with marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Detective_Comics_27.jpg (56 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
Detective_Comics_27.jpg
56 KB, 300x419
Let's discuss how much of an #autisticfaggot Zach Snyder is and what DC could do to be interesting and not feel like a rip off Marvel's film universe.

My idea is simply this: they should set the films in the 30's - 50's. They can still approach the material darker than Marvel is, which is totally possible when done correctly. The Batman films can be dark and play out like badass gangster clasics that WB made its name making. Superman and others could be believably a little hole and all American, as the times would be fitting. I also just think it'd be sweet to see the characters taken seriously in this setting rather than having it be a cheesy throwback.

What are you fuckers ideas or what can you add to mine?
>>
>>69652643
*hokey

Not hole. I'm high.
>>
This is the biggest pleb post I've seen all day.
>>
>>69652643

I'd do black mask in Batman movie. 30s black mask would take no shit. Who would head the universe? I'm thrinking Duncan Jones. But
>>
>>69652643
>Zach

DROPPED

Cry more Marvelet
>>
File: 1463178446636[1].png (635 KB, 565x821) Image search: [Google]
1463178446636[1].png
635 KB, 565x821
They already won
>>
>>69653202

literally this
>>
Don't do a shitty cinematic universe . DC was better before they started marvelizing their comics in the 80s

Hire top notch talent and let them do their own movies. Instead of marvel's "let's hire terrible directors that we can boss around and make everything fit together in some terrible shared universe"
>>
>>69653318

I would love if we got adaptions of Elseworld stories like Secret Identity

Instead we get shit like a rushed ass version of Death of Superman when barely anyone is invested in the DCEU Superman
>>
Who would be the coolest villains to be adapted/portraid for the 30s?

I'm thinking joker and fire fly. A mafia arsenist. Titts.
>>
>>69653202
You can't count Watchmen as DC since they had literally nothing to do with making it, only having gotten the rights after the fact.
>>
>>69654914
I mean, having gotten the rights after it was finished to publish.
>>
>>69654293
This mcthiserson.>>69653202
You're leaving out the part where DC's films were VERY poorly executed. I agree that DC has the potential to be better but if you really think man of shit and the punisher vs spacefaggot are better then iron man, winter soldier, and guardians of the galaxy yours a big old water head.
>>
>>69652814
You're mothers a fucking cunt.
>>
>>69654815
I'm gonna say Hugo Strange. A mad doctor experimenting on the fringes of what was already terrifying psychological practice. And killer croc. A black dude with a skin disease that's from the circus, it's how he gets by, but scarecrow doses him with a almost fatal dose of fear toxin and he goes nutts: sharpening his teeth and eating ppl.
>>
File: DCucks explained.png (51 KB, 1490x325) Image search: [Google]
DCucks explained.png
51 KB, 1490x325
>>69653202
>>
>>69655025
Ouch
>>
>>69655192
That's the most beautiful thing I've ever read. Can I suck your dick? Jk, that would be gay and that's a sin.
>>
>>69653238
Literally a Faggot. You.
>>
>>69654973

Not a single part of my post did I mention or imply that Civil War or Marvel was better you dumb piece of shit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.